How Many Hits?

LeeW

I've been looking and searching, so now I'm asking for input.

First I know everyone hitsdrags different.

I just got my 510, and it came with Marlboro - High cartridges.

I smoke Marlboro Lights, and it take me right at 10 hit to finish it.

My question is how many hits should I take (2-3 sec drag) from my 510 to = 10 hits on my analog cig? (Is it the same 1 ehit = 1 ahit)

I just don't want to over do my nic intake.

Thanks from helping out a noob.

Definitely take it slow till you find the right amount of huffs to take to satisfy your craving. I usually just chief on my e-cig till i start to feel a little tingly. Lol, then i set it down for about an hour or so. I dont suggest this method but once you start feeling a little jittery its probably time to put it down. I think Chris and Sean did a little test where they said about 8-10 drags is about = to smoking a full analog and i concur. I did a few morning tests to see at which point i feel satisfied. It was about 8-10 drags. :D

Edited by Sinikal

As soon as I quit comparing flavor, action and amount to smoking and just vaped--everything fell into place. A good rule of thumb--don't try to compare to smoking--the sooner you give up the 'smoking' comparison the sooner you will your brain will connect the dots.

Like the Guys said--listen to what your body is saying--the nicotine content in e-liquid does not seem to correlate to what some smoked..

Some light smokers use 24 and 36 mg, I was a fairly heavy smoker and 18 mg works for me.

When you start dripping or topping carts--its a bit easier to keep track of your intake.

This calculation is by no means scientific--Just my own calculations:

I use 18 mg liquid--approx 3 drops = .1ml-- 30 drops = 1ml(based on TW and LF dropper bottles)--18mg divided by 30 = .6 mg per drop.

Hope that makes some sense

Happy vaping

As soon as I quit comparing flavor, action and amount to smoking and just vaped--everything fell into place. A good rule of thumb--don't try to compare to smoking--the sooner you give up the 'smoking' comparison the sooner you will your brain will connect the dots.

I wish I had read this 'rule of thumb' when I was a newbie. I'll pass this view along to others. Thanks 'kitsune'.

Anyone worried about increasing their nic addiction with vapeing should read this thread:

VaporTalk - Nicotine-in-vaping-compared-to-analogs

I nominate it to be pinned to the 'Health, Safety and The Electronic Cigarette' forum.

I seem to have mine with me constantly, but I take like two drags and then just carry it around for a while, then two more and so on. I did sit in front of my computer the other day and vape for several hours straight...I ended up with quite a headache and the shakes. I know I can put it down for several hours and not need a drag. I can't vape at work, as I work in retail, so I can only vape on breaks. I find myself not needing it like I needed analogs. I can go for a 15 minute break, take a few drags and I am good for like 5 hours. This makes me very happy. I do find it easy to overdo it with a flavor I like though. I find it is the flavor I am craving and not the nicotine!

Good link on that thread Rusty--good breakdown. That will help alot of people put things into perspective.

I feel like I am vaping all the time--or at least just have my 510 in my hand, but over all nicotine intake is soooo much less than when I was smoking.

I am also unable to outright vape at work, but I always have my 510 in my pocket and its easy to take a quick vape and move on. definitely don't need to vape like I needed to smoke. At work I can go hours with only a couple quick hits, when smoking I would be plotting and planning my next smoke break.

GOOOOO Vapers

I carry mine with me at all times but like others I only take a couple drags here and there. Although, in the morning, after meals, and during movies I vape more consistently. During my first couple of days of vaping, I remember one night where I was sitting at my computer and I started to shake and feel nauseous. I quit vaping for the night and I haven't had the problem since.

Your mentality has a lot to do with. For a while I thought I needed it constantly, then after an atty going out at work and not vaping for a couple hours, I realized it didn't need at as much as I wanted it.