Job Update

Ok kinda weird..

I filled out tons of paper work including weird papers that you would think I would not fill out till I was hired...

Like W4 I9 direct deposit...make copies or Dl and SSN and car insurance..

Then I went to drug test...

Guess now I just gotta wait

Ok kinda weird..

I filled out tons of paper work including weird papers that you would think I would not fill out till I was hired...

Hmmm, that is kinda weird -- I work closely with our HR dept and we don't do any of that until they are hired. Only an app and an NDA. Why spend the money on the drug test if you don't hire them. We drug test after they are hired and if someone fails we cut them loose for just cause. Only happened once. But we don't ask for direct deposit info either - no point to start that process.

Sounds like you have the job -- didn't anyone tell you? What kind of place is it?? Big co. or small co.?

Hey good luck LV and depending on the co. it sounds like you did a pre-employment drug screening and with my companies HR we have them prefill out the I-9 and w-4 also as a part of the Bg screening and under homeland security regulations of hiring these days its crazy to have to spend the bucks for it and my Co takes it out in increments from your first five payperiods

and I'm with Keenan if they have extra and are paying great let me know I will start packing LOL B)

Edited by AngelCruz

You got the Job--many companies wait for the drug test results before making the final commitment. Test results can take a few days.

Let us know when you know for sure--but if you filled out all the paperwork, your in.

Hmmm, that is kinda weird -- I work closely with our HR dept and we don't do any of that until they are hired. Only an app and an NDA. Why spend the money on the drug test if you don't hire them. We drug test after they are hired and if someone fails we cut them loose for just cause. Only happened once. But we don't ask for direct deposit info either - no point to start that process.

Sounds like you have the job -- didn't anyone tell you? What kind of place is it?? Big co. or small co.?

It is a big co and I will be on a start up of a sub co... IT support for 150 apartment and building complexes... fixing computers, networks and security cams..

I filled out homeland sec stuff and direct deposit... everything else I have ever filled out AFTER I was hired by other companies...

there was 3 of us doing the same thing.... And I was told they were gonna hire 3 on my first interview...

I think what may have happened is the head guy told my interviewer if yo like em hire em... This head guy doesnt play... He is a big corporate guy and has ties to the governor of Alabama and has personal contact with and dealings with the past few presidents of the US. Not some run of the mill business guy

Ok kinda weird..

Update #2

Well start date was supposed to be the 11th... And today is the 8th.. I had not heard from anyone so I called and I was told that the start date was postponed... I was relieved to hear that since I had no call..

Now I wait....again...

Update #2

Well start date was supposed to be the 11th... And today is the 8th.. I had not heard from anyone so I called and I was told that the start date was postponed... I was relieved to hear that since I had no call..

Now I wait....again...

Hmmm, that could mean alot of things but let's stay positive here. Don't wait for them to call you that's for sure. Is there anyone else you can call there? Admin to whoever you met with? HR is sometimes too generic, perhaps one of the people you interviewed wiith?

No one else to call the big boss went to Pasadena CA for the National Championship game.. Will be back Monday... maybe I will know more then..

I do know that the guy I called I have worked with hime before and he would not lie... I worked for him for 7 years.. And he is a straight o the point ex navy seal...

He wouldnt sugar coat anything

No one else to call the big boss went to Pasadena CA for the National Championship game.. Will be back Monday... maybe I will know more then..

I do know that the guy I called I have worked with hime before and he would not lie... I worked for him for 7 years.. And he is a straight o the point ex navy seal...

He wouldnt sugar coat anything

fingers crossed for you