It Came, It Charged, It Died.

Esmoker87

I received my joye510 this morning, let it charge, and not even two hours of vaping has passed until it needed to be charged for a second time. I'm really not trying to be too picky, but I did also notice that the atomizer part gets EXTREMELY hot, way to hot for my liking. Although it is a big step up from my Npro, I was wondering if there are any units with a longer battery life and doesn't get as hot? I've read that all atomizers get warm, but to me, the joye510 is a bit extreme.

With the stock batteries I was getting 1-2 hours at best between charges. That's where the MODs come in. The Spade, VP1, VP2, etc. Those are battery mods and will work with the 510 atty. The Spade and VP1 have a battery life of about 3-5 hours, and I've been getting 8-10 good hours on my VP2. I didn't like how hot the atty got on the regular batteries either, but everyone says it's normal. However, you do need to let it cool down some between vapes. Fortunately, I have noticed that the atty does not get nearly that hot on the mods (I have a Spade and VP2). Not sure why that is (bettery energy deliver?), but it definately stays cooler.

yes there are others that the batts last longer...but they are much larger....like smoking a flashlight..

VP1 VP2 lil chuck the spade to name a few.... 510's also have a mega battery you might wanna check out... I think electornicstix has them....

Atttys do get hot but I have never had any issues...maybe yours got hotter than mine?

2hrs is about all your gonna get out of a standard 510 batt..

Thats why my nest ecig is gonna be a spade

dang Brian you were quicker on the draw... must learn to type faster

Edited by Lordvapor

The way youre describing your atty gettin hot, I gotta wonder if your button is sticking. They get warm, but they shouldnt get that hot. Ive had several batts, (new), that had that problem. Might wanna check that.

I received my joye510 this morning, let it charge, and not even two hours of vaping has passed until it needed to be charged for a second time. I'm really not trying to be too picky, but I did also notice that the atomizer part gets EXTREMELY hot, way to hot for my liking. Although it is a big step up from my Npro, I was wondering if there are any units with a longer battery life and doesn't get as hot? I've read that all atomizers get warm, but to me, the joye510 is a bit extreme.

Hey Esmoke, have no fear my man. The Joye510 bats usually have an average lifespan of about 1hr 30mins to a heavy vaper. I usually hit my Joye pretty steadily at work and i only used to get like an hour 2 hours if i was lucky. My suggestion is if your doing alot of computer vaping to pick you up a usb pass through battery for it. Passthrough Link

Also the 510 attys DO get warm, this is completely normal with any atomizer. The 510 does get hotter quicker than other though, but all ya need to do is give it a break. I usually take about 5-6 drags and i set it down for a couple mins. Do this and you should be fine :thumbsup:

Units that have a longer battery life, if you like the 510 is the SPADE which you can get at the Vaportalkstore. If you do not like the 510 i would recomend the VP1 or VP2 Unit from Vaprlife Those units use an 801 atomizer which is my second favorite. All the units i just listed have 4+ hour battery life, just depends which attys you want to use with them.

Take care :beer:

It sounds to me like you are enjoying a bit too much ,get some mega batteries and run two atty's when one gets hot switch to the other.I usally have two flavors going at once and switch back and forth.

About 2 hours is pretty normal for a regular 510 battery that's why I have a VP2 with a 510 adapter and a passthrough. As for the atomizer mine get pretty warm I would worry to much after all remember it is a heating element for all intensive purposes.

About 2 hours is pretty normal for a regular 510 battery that's why I have a VP2 with a 510 adapter and a passthrough. As for the atomizer mine get pretty warm I would worry to much after all remember it is a heating element for all intensive purposes.

Yes, that is definitely true, and i have read that they do get warm. I'd like to either try the vp/pt, or the vp2 like yours. I didn't know they make pt's for the vp2, where do they sell those at?

It sounds to me like you are enjoying a bit too much ,get some mega batteries and run two atty's when one gets hot switch to the other.I usally have two flavors going at once and switch back and forth.

I agree, I think I might be enjoying it a bit too much, but I really want to find a consistent unit that fulfills my nicotine cravings as well as my smoking habit. Nevertheless, that's a good idea with the two atty's that i will definitely try.

With the stock batteries I was getting 1-2 hours at best between charges. That's where the MODs come in. The Spade, VP1, VP2, etc. Those are battery mods and will work with the 510 atty. The Spade and VP1 have a battery life of about 3-5 hours, and I've been getting 8-10 good hours on my VP2. I didn't like how hot the atty got on the regular batteries either, but everyone says it's normal. However, you do need to let it cool down some between vapes. Fortunately, I have noticed that the atty does not get nearly that hot on the mods (I have a Spade and VP2). Not sure why that is (bettery energy deliver?), but it definately stays cooler.

The spade and the vp2 are among a few of the mods that I can't make up my mind about. Between these two, which would you say is your every-day, go-to mod and what atty do you use on the vp2?

yes there are others that the batts last longer...but they are much larger....like smoking a flashlight..

VP1 VP2 lil chuck the spade to name a few.... 510's also have a mega battery you might wanna check out... I think electornicstix has them....

Atttys do get hot but I have never had any issues...maybe yours got hotter than mine?

2hrs is about all your gonna get out of a standard 510 batt..

Thats why my nest ecig is gonna be a spade

dang Brian you were quicker on the draw... must learn to type faster

Man, the more I hear about these mods, the more I wanna try one. But, obviously, I can't purchase all of them, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can about as many as I can before I make my next purchase!

Yes, that is definitely true, and i have read that they do get warm. I'd like to either try the vp/pt, or the vp2 like yours. I didn't know they make pt's for the vp2, where do they sell those at?

They don't make a passthrough for any unit per say, the passthrough is a unit on its own. They make PT's for various atomizers. The VP passthrough however works with most atomizers on the market because it offers various adapters. At the moment the VP Passthrough will work with the 901, 510 and 801 atomizers. Keep mind though it runs between 4-5 volts so the atomizers will get hot, but not scolding :)

Fortunately, I have noticed that the atty does not get nearly that hot on the mods (I have a Spade and VP2). Not sure why that is (bettery energy deliver?), but it definately stays cooler.

I think I read somewhere that the 510 atty used to have four holes but now it gets hotter since there are only two. I don't know about the VP2 because I don't have one yet but the Spade has bigger air holes on the atty connection. That may make up for the two missing holes on the atty. My guess is it is because of better air flow and not energy delivery. It could be both though. Also, some people drill the other two holes into the atty but I don't think I would take the risk if you don't have many spares.

Edited by Schizophretard

I recommend doing what everyone else has said but first buy a pcc because without it your regular 510 batteries are useless when not at home. I got mine from Jason at Electro-Nic-Stix. He sells more colors than black. Look here:CHARGERS:510/306 PCC BLACK

They don't make a passthrough for any unit per say, the passthrough is a unit on its own. They make PT's for various atomizers. The VP passthrough however works with most atomizers on the market because it offers various adapters. At the moment the VP Passthrough will work with the 901, 510 and 801 atomizers. Keep mind though it runs between 4-5 volts so the atomizers will get hot, but not scolding :)

That makes total sense, and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to the vp-passtrough and the vp2. Since you've tried both, I thought that maybe you might be able to give me a better comparison of the two and which one you wold recommend?

Also, I'm sure you get asked this question a lot, but I wanted to know what you would say is go-to device?

It all depends on where you will be doing the most of your vaping if you are going to be near a computer most of the time then a PT is the way to go if you are out and about the the VP2 is the one for you personaly I have both and both work awesome. As for asking don't worry about that's what we all are here for to share and gain knowledge!!!

Man, the more I hear about these mods, the more I wanna try one. But, obviously, I can't purchase all of them, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can about as many as I can before I make my next purchase!

WAIT!!! Did he say "..obviously, I can't purchase all of them...."???? SURE, you can!!! You smoked analogs, you can surely afford to purchase them all :> Save up all your analog money and spend it on mods!

After a while you'll have them all and the best possible setup for your vapeing needs :) THEN, you can start saving!

perhaps a vp-pt would be good as it comes ready for an 801 atomizer and includes your choice of 510 or 901 adapters, so you could use your 510 atomizer with the 510 adapter and get an 801 atomizer (which i have heard are real workhorses) to compare them!!

WAIT!!! Did he say "..obviously, I can't purchase all of them...."???? SURE, you can!!! You smoked analogs, you can surely afford to purchase them all :> Save up all your analog money and spend it on mods!

After a while you'll have them all and the best possible setup for your vapeing needs :) THEN, you can start saving!

I agree! After you purchase them all you can start saving for doubles as spares!

I bought an eGo fron Janty. It has a atty cover. The eGo uses a 510 and mine gets hot also. But with that cover your hand does not touch the atty. I just got a VP1 today. The atti gets got that also. I put the eGo cover on the VP1 to see how it looks. It looks AWSOME!!! They should make one for the Spade. I also found an atty that has an exposed atomizer for dipping. It's the atty to the Volcano V-cig. (just a FYI to the eGo owners out there)