Kr808D-1 Question

jmhester

This looks like a pretty neat mini. Is it compatible with anything? Like can you put the cartomizer on a 510 battery?

I think the 510 to 901 adapter for the VP2 and VP/PT will fit the cartomizer. Not 100% sure of that, but it looks like that's what this says. I've got one in my cart at the VT store.

VT Adapters

This looks like a pretty neat mini. Is it compatible with anything? Like can you put the cartomizer on a 510 battery?

The threads are 901 compatible but the 901 batteries need holes in the threads for the cartomizer to work.

Altsmoke sells a 510 batt to KR adapter.Mine lasted a week before I lost it.I did not seem to get as much vapor with the 510 batteries so I did not order another.I would have liked to try it with more volts or better newer batteries.Vapor4life has the short KR batts 180mah they are more the size of a RN4081 when put toghether.I am gonna order some of these soon as well as some of their standard 280mah and regular wall chargers.I dont think the batts I have are that good.

So does anybody here regularly use a KR? I'm trying to find something that appeals to my wife. She says that 510s and such are too much like smoking a pipe (trouble).

I actually ran into this model while reading around and it looks pretty sweet. Would like to hear someones opinion though, it seems pretty convenient for someone who may not want to deal with having to refill carts or anything.

I've read that the vapor production isn't as good as a 510, but that it's still pretty good.

Would like to know what people think about this model vs the 510 as well as whether a manual is better than an automatic!

I actually ran into this model while reading around and it looks pretty sweet. Would like to hear someones opinion though, it seems pretty convenient for someone who may not want to deal with having to refill carts or anything.

I've read that the vapor production isn't as good as a 510, but that it's still pretty good.

Would like to know what people think about this model vs the 510 as well as whether a manual is better than an automatic!

This link is for a topic that started out with a question about another ecig and turned into a discussion on the KR808. May give you some info.

KR808

Here is my spin on the KR 808. I did not like them when they first came out. but they have come a long way. They work very well and can hold liquid well. They have their good points and bad points. on the plus side they hold more liquid so you have to refill less. But refilling them is different. you either have to pull the white cap off the end remove the o ring and fill it up or drip in the hole on the side that is near the battery. with the 510 you remove the cart and fill or drip. On the other hand if you dont like to refill you can just keep buying pre filled cartomizers. And i find they least me half a day or more of vaping on them before i have to put another cart on. they are nice in the way you get a fresh atomizer when you put a new one on every time though. I alternate between my kr and my 510 attys all the time :) Hope this helps some.

Jason

So does anybody here regularly use a KR? I'm trying to find something that appeals to my wife. She says that 510s and such are too much like smoking a pipe (trouble).

I use mine at work or on the go now.Really good for driving too.

The KR is easier to use but does not give 510 vapor levels maybe 1/2 to 2/3 at best.The flavor is different with a KR than a 510.I find I need strong batteries to make it put out.They do have a 5volt pass thru I need to get one to try.Blank cartos filled with your fav juice is the best way to go I think they work better than most stock flavors.The camel and 555 seem to work best so far in the pre-filled for vapor and flavor of the ones I have tried from Vapor Kings.IF you get a kickin carto I have refilled it for days before it has died off.The trick with them is not to let them get too dry..And for some reason they need to setup for a while after you refill them before they act right.

Just an FYI the adapters sold in the store are 801 - XXX adapters. So the 901 would be an 801 - 901 adapter.

The KR cartomizer will fit on a 901 adapter because the KR series pretty much uses the same fitting. The KR cartomizers work pretty well and are VERY convenient. However, do not produce as much vapor as say a 510 would.

Just an FYI the adapters sold in the store are 801 - XXX adapters. So the 901 would be an 801 - 901 adapter.

The KR cartomizer will fit on a 901 adapter because the KR series pretty much uses the same fitting.

Thanks - guess I can hit the "checkout" button with confidence now. :)

These are great. Nothing to it, just put a cart on a charged batt and vape away! I especially like the carrying case, it carries two batteries and two carts in a nice hard case about the size of a wallet. It is all very convenient.

Yep, what they said. This is the one I started with, and my wife still uses it with great satisfaction. She hates messing with the VP2, so she just makes me do that. She totally likes the convenience of the KR -- I refill the cartomizers. :D

Because she was a nurse and we know nurses, I first used a syringe to fill the carts from the battery end. That worked fine but was kind of creepy. Then I heard about popping the white end off and removing the rubbery o ring inside to fill them and that's what I do now. They usually take about 18 drops to fill, and I let them absorb overnight before use. I've saved all the plastic packing stuff, which works just fine to keep them fresh until use.

I found that about two pre-filled cartomizers lasted a day for me. That's not much cheaper than smoking but it's a heck of a lot healthier! The refilled carts don't seem to last as long but it's a whole lot cheaper than using pre-filled ones all the time. I've refilled several carts four times and they're all still going strong. Vapor4Life is a great company with excellent customer service. Their flavors are pretty good too. I recommend them all around.

The PT that came with my kit worked very well too. I really have been satisfied with the whole thing; just didn't put out sufficient vapor for me to get off the analogs completely. I'd recommend it for any light smoker anytime. Just my .02. Good luck to Mrs jmhester!