510 Atomizer

NeRo9k

Is it just me or do other people feel the 510 tastes a little strange? I've gotten like 6, 510 atomizers and my flavors don't seem to come through as good as say a 901. The flavor is almost there but I get a weird taste from them. I don't know if the 510 has a longer break in period than the 901's but the taste isn't fun. Ever time I've gotten a unit that uses a 510 I usually change it to another atty style. Maybe I wasn't giving them enough time, but I assume it's normal. It's a trade off, vapor for flavor. I received the eGO in the mail yesterday and I love the light weight, stylish look of the unit; but, the 510 doesn't produce the flavor my 901 does. Will a longer break in period fix this or will I have to deal (get an adapter and use a 901 atty)?

Well the 510 is known to burn alot hotter than an 801 and a 901. This could be why it tastes different. (This is just a theory of mine) But I also think because the atty is so short, it doesnt have alot of room for as much vapor before its inhaled. I think with 801/901's it might allow for more flavor in your vape. :D

I think it depends on where you got your 510 from. Most of my attys came from a chinese supplier and I noticed the flavor isn't completely there. Heck they're not even vaping that well. Well some of them are, but not all of them. I bought them in bulk thinking I could save some money, but I think I wasted money because the ratio of good and bad attys is dumb.

But! I think the 510 atty that came with the spade rocks. It produced great vapor and still held the flavor really well. I can't really speak for durability at the moment because I let a friend borrow it in hopes that he will switch over to vaping. So for now, I'm putting up with the crappy chinese attys I have. I hope to put in an order through the VT Store for more 510 attys after the new year.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the 510 atty that came with the spade is a Janty. The ones I got from china are supposedly Joye. At least that's what they claim. Also, from what I understand Janty is made by Joye..or something like that. I forget the reasoning behind it too. Maybe someone else can shine some light on this?

Edited by VegasVapor

Well the 510 is known to burn alot hotter than an 801 and a 901. This could be why it tastes different. (This is just a theory of mine) But I also think because the atty is so short, it doesnt have alot of room for as much vapor before its inhaled. I think with 801/901's it might allow for more flavor in your vape. :D

I have to agree with Sinikal. The 510 produces a much warmer vapor and it can kill the flavor of some liquids. I get more flavor from the 801 atomizer. I do try to break up my flavors depending on which atomizer I am using. I like the more warmer flavors (coffee, dulcis and RY4) with the 510 and more cooler or fruity flavors with the 801.

I don't have a 901 so I really don't know how to compare with its flavor production.

@Vegas - I remember reading something about the difference with Joye and Janty. But for the life of me I don't know who makes what.

From another forum - Janty says, "We work in cooperation with Joyetech who produces things according to our engineering and design plans. So they "are" our plant. They cant do anything with these without our consent, and the latest thing we have been mentioning, where we are selling OEM products, is still something we are in full control of, and benefit from - as do Joyetech, but thats only from a "production" point of view."

"ALL of Janty's products (while possibly designed by Janty) are and have always been MANUFACTURED by Joye."

Mine do have a "funky" taste sometimes. More so than the 801s. The bridge seems "thicker" than the 801 bridges if you look at them. I could be wrong but I always though they tended to hold onto the juice and maybe it gets rancid by hanging out down there. Just a theory with no basis in reality I'm sure! :lol:

Well, on a personal observation note, all the 510 attys that I have used right out of the box tasted funny for quite awhile. I think it is due to the oil or whatever they already have on the bridge etc,... I have since started boiling my brand new 510 attys for 5 minutes or so in filtered water in an impecably clean small saucepan. Since doing this I notice the flavor and even the vapor is better in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Well, on a personal observation note, all the 510 attys that I have used right out of the box tasted funny for quite awhile. I think it is due to the oil or whatever they already have on the bridge etc,... I have since started boiling my brand new 510 attys for 5 minutes or so in filtered water in an impecably clean small saucepan. Since doing this I notice the flavor and even the vapor is better in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Recently, I ordered a couple of 510 attys from the VT store (the ones with the gold band). For some reason these seem to be better for me than the standard ones. I don't know if it's the design or what, but

I seem to be getting more vapor from them. I have not noticed any "funny" taste from either, might be because I direct drip it?

Well there are ways to tell if you have a "real" joye atomizer. for one there is normally wicking material under the bridge. and there is NOT a metal ring around the inside of the atomizer. and the ceramic cup looks semi square. Knockoffs have round ceramic cups, and have a metal ring around the inside along with a really fat bridge. I have tried both knockoffs and real joye atomizers. I tell customers that the atomizers generally take a good day of use before they "break in" and yes there is a packing fluid on most atomizers from the factory. Which can affect flavor negatively. The 510 is mainly known for the vapor flavors are not as prevalant on the 510 but the 306 atomizer and the 901 atomizer run cooler and they bring flavors out a bit more. the 901 is the cooler of the two. well just my 2 cents.. im bored at work and posting lol

Jason