When To Drip?

ls1

Hi everyone!

I was wondering how you can tell when you need to drip again. I just got my vp pt today and i put about 3 drops onto the atty. My quess would be when the it is not producing as much vapor and throat hit but just wanted to make sure as i know its important to keep the atty from getting dry.

thanks,

lance

Its time to drip when:

-You get a burnt/ metallic taste when you take a drag

-When your vapor production lessens a-lot

-When you leave it sit for more than a few hours

-If you take off the mouthpiece and notice the wick is dry

:thumbsup:

I usually keep a mental note on how many times ive taken a drag from my cig. I can usually get about 7-9 good drags using my 510 on my VP PT before i have to redrip. With the 801's i used to flood a little, then i could get about 10-12. Hope this helps!

I've found that generally you'll lose flavor, get a burnt like taste, and get increased vapor. Not sure why the vapor increases, but I usually see all 3 at about the same time.

BTW - welcome to the forum!

Actually, may be different on the PT, but this is what I get on my Spade and VP2.

Edited by Brian

The problem with some of the flavors like chocolate, cappuccino, and even watermelon is there tendency to stay in the atty. No matter how many drips and hours of another flavor you use, the flavors take forever to leave the atty. I usually use different attys for different flavor types. One for coffees/cappuccinos/etc and another for fruits.

I've found that generally you'll lose flavor, get a burnt like taste, and get increased vapor. Not sure why the vapor increases, but I usually see all 3 at about the same time.

BTW - welcome to the forum!

Actually, may be different on the PT, but this is what I get on my Spade and VP2.

I noticed the increase in vapor too, which is really weird. It sucks because that last puff is the best at first, but if you keep dragging you'll get a sudden burst of burnt metal taste.

o man i just took out that atty I cant handle that flavor but now i probably just tainted my other atty with menthol .... o well lol

At least this one works unlike my crown 7 hydro.

I've had pretty good luck just rolling up a little piece of paper towel and putting it in the atty. Don't shove it in, just slide it in, put a little pressure on it for a few seconds, and then let it sit for a while. You'll be surprised at how much it absorbs. Anhow, for me, that's worked well for removing other flavors. You'll have to use a little more juice on that first vape though... 4-5 drops instead of the usual 3 drops.

Welcome to the fourm, Lance. You've come to the right place to get help, hints, answers, laughs, and advice.

Vaping is different than smoking. Take longer, slower drags than with an analog. Give it some time. There is a learning curve to this. Everyone is a bit different in how they do it, what they like and don't like, etc. You just need to give yourself some time to figure out what works best for you. Ask any questions and you will get a slew of answers. Then you can try the things that sound good to you.

Taste buds can take awhile to come back after smoking. Mine still aren't the best after almost 3 months. That could affect how the juice tastes for you. But that burnt metal taste the others were talking about, you will taste that. Trust me. And probably menthol, too. Otherwise, don't worry if you're not getting all of the taste everyone talks about. It could take some time.

Good luck with the vaping.

Thanks i guess i cant tell as far as flavor goes. This cappuccino dosent really have a good flavor to me but i can see that there is less vapor. Hope this flavor dosent stay in the atty.

Menthol is another that is hard to get out.

I use alcohol to clean my addy with and it seems

to me, to be the best way to do it. It will get the

taste out, most of the time. I have had it to take 1 to 2

drips of another flavor to get it all out. Also, if you use

a filter. You will need to take it out and wash it under hot water.

That in its self, will hold flavors from the past.

I noticed the increase in vapor too, which is really weird.

As the coil drys out it runs much hotter and vaporizes what little juice is left much faster till it runs out of gas. Then it burns the flavor residue. IMHO.

Hi everyone!

I was wondering how you can tell when you need to drip again. I just got my vp pt today and i put about 3 drops onto the atty. My quess would be when the it is not producing as much vapor and throat hit but just wanted to make sure as i know its important to keep the atty from getting dry.

thanks,

lance

I learned by trying to put as much juice in as I could without flooding it and eventually got a feel for it. Don't have your goal to not get it too dry but do the opposite and try not to get it too wet. Flooding it is better for your atty than a dry burn. If it feels hard to draw on then it is flooded. Some people take off their atty, cart, and blow the juice out from the battery side of the atty onto a piece of tp when flooded. I don't like doing this because it wastes too much juice. I do the same thing but leave the cart on because ,even though some of the juice comes out the mouth piece, most of it goes into the cart and you can vape it all before it floods again. If it is hard to draw on then it is flooded, if you hear a bubbling noise but it vapes fine then it is close to flooding, and if it starts tasting weaker or nasty it is getting dry. You want to get it in between the bubbling noise and the weaker nasty taste. When you start vaping add three drops(if it is a clean or new atty add four and let it sit for a minute), vape on it until you notice any weakness or change in the flavor, and then add three more drops. Keep doing that and if you get the bubbling noise then hold your e-cig up with the cart down for a few seconds to make some of the juice flow towards the cart then vape. If you get the bubbling noise make sure you vape it until it is gone because if you let it sit it could flood. You'll have to think about it for a few days but then it will come natural.