It's Still Getting Better

ddavelarsen

For a long time after I got off the analogs I still would have preferred one over vaping - when I woke up for example, or after a meal. It was a pretty powerful feeling, one that made me wonder sometimes whether I was really going to get off the smokes over the long term.

Well, good news. I just realized - hadn't thought about it or noticed it before - that I've awakened with vaping rather than smoking on my mind, and don't even miss the after-meal smokes anymore. That's really something coming from me; kind of freaks me out, like I've abandoned an old friend. But of course, it was just a habit - not a friend. One I no longer miss.

Yee-HAW! :D I feel better every day.

I think it takes time for you brain to realize that the ecig will give you the same fix. Now that you've got that down though your pretty much set. After meals was always a really hard one for me, but more than that would be stressed out days. I'd have a day where everything just didn't go well, THAT's when I'd always want to grab an analog.

Congrats on your progress, keep it up :D

Congrats Dave!! That's great news. I'm happy for you. I never had that problem at all. From the very first vape, I didn't want another analog. The first two weeks I had a few while waiting for my battery to charge, but I didn't want them. Once I had two batteries, I was done with analogs. It amazed me, after smoking for so many years, that I didn't at least want one once in awhile, but I didn't.

I hope it keeps up for you, Dave. It's great.

That's great news! Everyone is different I guess. I was pretty much the same as you though. It didn't take me too long to completely switch to vaping, but at first I was still craving analogs. My morning and after meal smoke was probably the last to go, but everything in between I would be vaping. It took me no more than a week to completely make vaping my routine and drop the analogs. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Thanks all! It's hard to convey how hardcore a smoker I was, but it pretty much defined me. My nicotine intake would probably have killed a horse. And honestly - I'm not exagerating - it wasn't enough to satisfy my crazy addiction. I wanted to smoke a lot more than I did, I just physically could not do it. Whew. And here I am, vaping a much lower amount of nicotine (even at the freaky high level I am, it's a big reduction in my nicotine intake) and getting along just fine. I was really surprised when I realized I hadn't been craving those morning smokes.

(But Oh what an awful feeling I had those mornings I wasn't yet awake enough to remember where I'd left my e-cig! Yikes! :D)

I think it takes time for you brain to realize that the ecig will give you the same fix. Now that you've got that down though your pretty much set. After meals was always a really hard one for me, but more than that would be stressed out days. I'd have a day where everything just didn't go well, THAT's when I'd always want to grab an analog.

Congrats on your progress, keep it up :D

I still have *some* craving for an analog but that is getting easier. And, you're right, Chris (can I call you Chris?)lol, there are times around here when I get really really P**SSED OFF, and I KNEW I was getting better when I reached for my 510 instead of my pack of cigs during these times!! Although, my hubby now says "go smoke a cigarette" instead of "go to Hell"!! lolol. So, I know I am going through some changes, especially my attitude, but I assume that too will get better!

It is nice to just up up the PV and take a puff when needed and not feel the need to sit down and finish the whole thing.

Yes I knew someone that would light a cig take a couple drags put it out and light it later.I tried it and it was totaly nasty relit.

E-Cigs are great, take a puff or two put it away or vape tell your done!!!