November 2010

I know this isnt DIRECTLY related to e cigs, BUT, in a sidestepping way it is. I dont think we stand a chance with the butt-clowns in office now, so MAYBE with a new crew in Washington, e cigs might stand a chance, along with a few other things, like our RIGHTS. ( I know, Im SOOO political )

NOVEMBER 2010

Start getting ready for the Nov 2010 elections. Remember the motto : If they're "IN;" they're "OUT."

The 2010 Election Day .... Your U.S. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700 and $5,300 raises.

1. They voted to not give you a S.S. cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.

2. Your Medicare premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years and you will not get the 3% COLA or $660/yr. Your total 2-yr loss and cost is $1,600 or $3,200 for husband and wife. Plain enough??????

3. Every member of Congress will get an added

$10,000 which is putting them very close to $200,000 per year. Sounds like an elite class to me.

4. Do you feel SCREWED? They vote themselves a raise and better benefits. They only care about WE THE PEOPLE on election day, right? You never did anything about it in the past. The time for action is near!!!!

5. Do you really think that Nancy, Harry, Chris, Charlie, Barnie, et al, care about you? SEND THE MESSAGE-- You're FIRED.

*** THIS IS NOT ABOUT POLITICAL PARTIES! IN 2010 YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET RID OF THE ENTIRE SITTING CONGRESS, Up to 1/3 OF THE SENATE, AND 100% OF THE HOUSE. The election in 2010 will be a sea-change to the mindset of any member of Congress who may survive.

It is ok to forward this to your sphere of influence if you ARE finally tired of this abuse.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

I got that today too and forwarded to everyone I know very well.

In a similar vein, my father and I had a bunch of bumper stickers printed, "Vote Incumbents Out!". Anyone wants one, I'll be happy to send it to you, just PM me.

I got that today too and forwarded to everyone I know very well.

In a similar vein, my father and I had a bunch of bumper stickers printed, "Vote Incumbents Out!". Anyone wants one, I'll be happy to send it to you, just PM me.

I have NEVER had a bumper sticker on my truck (or car), but would be proud to slap one of these puppies on it. I'll PM you my addy. Thanks Man!

Cool! I'm so pleased this idea is getting some traction. We've been promoting it for several years. The political parties really are clones of one another; that is, they work for the highest paying lobby. Constituents generally get lip service. Anyone who doesn't believe me, try writing to your congress critter. If you're not writing along their party or lobby line, you get a form letter that says nothing except no support for your opinion. If you're on 'their side' you'll get a signature. They've sold out.

But they've forgotten that we still get to vote! And that (so long as we still can count votes, e-voting notwithstanding), we still have the last word. Beware voting systems the public cannot audit.

Okay, I've got to admit it; I've had a Deadhead sticker on every car I've owned since I was 18 -- and that's a lot of Deadhead stickers!

But never political stuff. And really, voting incumbents out is more anti-political than anything, isn't it?

Ive only had three stickers on all the Vehicles Ive ever owned. One was a US Navy sticker when I was in the Navy. Right next to that one, I had a Ronald Reagan for President sticker, cause ALL of us in the military wanted him in and Carter out. And the last one I had a few years ago said "Jesus is coming, and is he ever pissed". I believe a sticker should say exactly how you feel, so I cant wait for these !

Ive only had three stickers on all the Vehicles Ive ever owned. One was a US Navy sticker when I was in the Navy. Right next to that one, I had a Ronald Reagan for President sticker, cause ALL of us in the military wanted him in and Carter out. And the last one I had a few years ago said "Jesus is coming, and is he ever pissed". I believe a sticker should say exactly how you feel, so I cant wait for these!

Amen, brother! I think your Jesus sticker is hilarious! And dead on. thumbsup.gif

I was in the 82nd airborne and you know, I don't think I had a "Fury From The Sky" sticker on my '74 Trans Am... But I did have a Deadhead sticker on it. :)

Amen, brother! I think your Jesus sticker is hilarious! And dead on. thumbsup.gif

I was in the 82nd airborne and you know, I don't think I had a "Fury From The Sky" sticker on my '74 Trans Am... But I did have a Deadhead sticker on it. :)

Isn't the 82nd out of Ft. Benning, GA? I was at Ft. Benning.

Isn't the 82nd out of Ft. Benning, GA? I was at Ft. Benning.

Well, that's where jump school is but I was stationed at Ft Bragg in NC. What were you doing at Ft Benning? I have some pretty vivid memories of that place, even if it was 30+ years ago... :D

Well, that's where jump school is but I was stationed at Ft Bragg in NC. What were you doing at Ft Benning? I have some pretty vivid memories of that place, even if it was 30+ years ago... :D

Ft. Bragg - I knew that. I'm an Army brat, which explains why I joined the USAF when my time came. :) Although I was born at Ft. Benning, I have no recollection of it. :) My memories start at Ft. Sam, Ft. Dix, Ft. Bliss, Rhiendahlen, Germany and ended at Ft. Campbell, KY.

OK, this is the part of Modding I hate, cause I LOVE these stories, but, we better get back on topic. I dont want Chris to gimme a whammy ! :fish:

Uh... What was the topic again? :D Fun hater! (JK!)

Oh yeah - voting incumbents out because they're not supporting constituent's interests. I can buy into that any day. Thanks keenan!

Edited by ddavelarsen

OK, this is the part of Modding I hate, cause I LOVE these stories, but, we better get back on topic. I dont want Chris to gimme a whammy ! :fish:

Was thinking the same thing when I wrote it... I'll use PM next time I start to get off topic. :>

I have had exactly 3 bumper stickers on my vehicles in the past (1 current) my favorite one was " Don't steal! The government hates competition" next favorite,.. " Sure you can trust the government,... Just ask an Indian" and last but not least " Therapy is expensive,.. poppin bubble wrap is cheap,.. You choose" and yes I want a sticker please :) pm'd addy.

I can't seem to send a PM. I try and my screen changes color, but nothing else. I tried to send you an email, Dave, and it says I'm not allowed to send email through the forum.

Uncool! Just email me at dave.larsenATmac.com and we'll be all set nana. Replace the "AT" though. :D I have one other to get out tomorrow too. Several bumper stickers hit the mail today, made me very happy! I let my dad know they're getting some love, and he'll be pleased too.

Thank You for the bumper sticker Dave :) It looks really nice, I was just expecting it to be something simple but it is very nicely done, thanks again, it is going on my car as soon as I go to my father in law's garage with controlled temp and humidity since it is now snowing here :thumbsup:

Cool Danny, glad you got it and I'm glad you like it. Hopefully other folks will start with similar statements. thumbsup.gif

I hope your weather moderates, but I know what you're into. We've gotten dumped on this year; more snow in December than I've ever seen...