Kr808

Brian

My wife started using her KR808 and so far it's pretty rough on her. I keep telling her it takes some getting use to so hopefully she'll keep trying it. I'm thinking of filling a cart with some 18mg 555 I have to see if it's a little smoother for her.

Anyhow, my question - I've played around with it and taken several drags using different techniques and can't get much vapor. I'm feeling the throat hit, but the vapor is barely visable. The unit and caromizers are from vapor4life. I seem to recall SteveD1 and ddavelarsen saying the vapor production was pretty good on these. So guys - Is ther any secret to getting the good vapor besides taking an extremely large drag? Is there a breakin period for a cartomizer?

I haven't used one of those ,but I would assume it would be like the rest slow drag ,fill mouth with vapor ,then inhale,if you try to inhale stright to lungs they can be pretty harsh.Make sure the battery is fully charged as that would lower production.Different auto batteries have different timing I know Joye 302 batteries don't give you enough time to warm things up compared to a DSE 801 battery.I beleive those cartomizers will fit a DSE 901 passthrough if provisions are made for air to get in below the atty.

Hey Brian,

I too have gotten my wife the KR808D-1, but the batts are from Health Cabin and the cartomisers are all from V4L. She has no problem at all. The first batt lasted her 5 hrs and she was on her first carto. I got her 12 diff flavors and mad another 16 empty carto's using Christopher's Liquid. She is happy with it and even though she cough's, thats only cause of her smoking menthol analogs then going to the non-menthol carto's. Lots of vapor but not like the 510 or anything else. Yes, its a learning curve and is much diff than the 510. You need to go even slower with the carto's from V4L when inhaling. Try the empty ones and fill them yourself. Let sit for 6 hrs then try one out. Or just do one and try it, if it works better, its the way to go. V4L has good carto's and my wife is VERY happy with the flavors I got 4 her.

There are a lot of times I wished I was making a lttle smaller cloud as long as I was getting the nic.I don't really see where the vapor has any body to it ,just eye candy .

Edited by mcquinn

Like Chris said some cartomizer atty coils take 1-3 primer puffs to heat it up and then a slow long 5-10 second drag and you should get better vapor.IF you take a cig like drag on most E-Cigs you wont get much vapor they dont have time to heat up and start to work.I have had a run of weaker cartomizers in my last 3 I have used, they take more primer puffs to work.

Also watch the LED on a auto battery as you use it, if its flickering on and off you wont get the vapor you should it should stay on during the whole long drag until it hits the safety cutoff which is 10 seconds for my VK brand auto and manual batteries I have.If its cutting on and off during the drag it wont work as well trust me!!!I had a auto battery that was doing this and I sent it back.I like mine real sensitive so you can take easy draws slowly.Even on weaker cartomizers I can out smoke/Vapor a real Cig.

My 510 will average better vapor but its more work to use..

I noticed that the v4l cartos didnt seem to produce as much vapor but after I refilled it I got great vapor and taste for hours before having to replace or refill the carto.

v4l added a 5 ml sample of 555 to my order, so I refilled my carto with that and got great vapor and taste.

A primer puff and long, slow drag is about all that occurs to me too. I also found that refilled carts gave a better throat hit, but it's really important to keep them topped off. Have a bunch of spares ready!

Good luck. Vaping is not like smoking at all; my wife had a difficult time adjusting her technique too. She doesn't have the benefit of reading all the experiences of other users, so I'm her only source of info. And maybe you know how that works for some spouses... rolleyes.gif

Another thing to try is refilling them from the battery end of the cartomizer, Grim Green has a you tube video of that.

But its simple just take cart off battery turn upside down and drip 1 drop into small hole at a time I put about 5 drops in and when the flavor drops off put some more in.

The only thing with this is you have to be carefull not to overfill it and the cart cannot be set on a table mouthpiece down while you drop it in or it wont go in.The cart needs air to let the drops go in so set it on a paper towel or hold it leaning slightly to one side.

I find I dont tear up the mouthpieces taking them off this way since I am filling from the other end, nothing to take apart!

Something new Im trying and it seems to work great.Just watch for leakage into those auto batteries(dont overdue it) and wipe the cartomzer hole clean before you use to keep battery connections clean and I roll it around in my hands to mix it in..

Thanks All! Well, I filled a cart myself with some 18mg 555 and it's working great for me. Definatley a harder drag, but getting better than expected vapor. I think the real problem is that my wife just starts coughing no matter what size drag she takes. She says it hurts her throat. Seriously, she takes like a 1 second drag (or less) and when she tries to inhale it she start coughing. I don't know how to coach her around this. What I want to tell her is to take some decent drags and just deal with it and it'll stop after several drags. I don't know if that's true, but I think if she would just do it several times to get use to it, she'd be fine. She says she can't, and will only take the tiny little puffs. I don't see how she feels a thing at all like that unless she's got some type of hyper sinsitivity to it. IDK, but any advise will be appreciated.

Another question - I have a VP2, and I have a VP/PT on backorder. If I get the 801 to 901 adapter, will the cartomizers work on them? Looks like you can use KR808 cartomizers on 901 batteries and vise versa, but wanted to verify that. After using this, I think these cartomizers may be the way to go for my drive to and fro work. Seems like the path of least work for me. ;)

Edited by Brian

Thanks All! Well, I filled a cart myself with some 18mg 555 and it's working great for me. Definatley a harder drag, but getting better than expected vapor. I think the real problem is that my wife just starts coughing no matter what size drag she takes. She says it hurts her throat. Seriously, she takes like a 1 second drag (or less) and when she tries to inhale it she start coughing. I don't know how to coach her around this. What I want to tell her is to take some decent drags and just deal with it and it'll stop after several drags. I don't know if that's true, but I think if she would just do it several times to get use to it, she'd be fine. She says she can't, and will only take the tiny little puffs. I don't see how she feels a thing at all like that unless she's got some type of hyper sinsitivity to it. IDK, but any advise will be appreciated.

Another question - I have a VP2, and I have a VP/PT on backorder. If I get the 801 to 901 adapter, will the cartomizers work on them? Looks like you can use KR808 cartomizers on 901 batteries and vise versa, but wanted to verify that. After using this, I think these cartomizers may be the way to go for my drive to and fro work. Seems like the path of least work for me. ;)

901 batteries fit but they need two air holes in the threads to work.I tried to size the hole but I dont have a bit small enough to give you the right size.

As far as the liquids try a low nic 9-12mg apple ,that is a mild flavor with a light if any throat kick.

They do sell 901 to cartomizer adapter I beleive Alt Smoke has it.

The KR suppliers have pass thru's that with a usb car adapter you could use in the car and wouldnt need to worry about battery's at all on the road!!

901 batteries fit but they need two air holes in the threads to work.I tried to size the hole but I dont have a bit small enough to give you the right size.

As far as the liquids try a low nic 9-12mg apple ,that is a mild flavor with a light if any throat kick.

They do sell 901 to cartomizer adapter I beleive Alt Smoke has it.

The KR suppliers have pass thru's that with a usb car adapter you could use in the car and wouldnt need to worry about battery's at all on the road!!

I think the VP adapters (Vaprlife, Dietsmokes, VT Store) account for that. Same with the 801 to 510. My 510 does not screw all the way into the adapter and I can see the holes. I'll check with Chris to be sure.

Vapor4Life sent some freebie 0 nic Bananna and Cola sample bottles. I think I'll let her try that to see if it's any better. If that works I'l get some 9-12 as you said. We did get a PT for it and it works well too. Maybe I'll get another PT and car adapter for myself.

This is on the VT Store, so should work:

"We now have the 901/KR adapter in stock. This adapter will allow you to use not only your 901 atomizer but your KR series Cartomizer as well."

Edited by Brian

I've used it with a fresh battery and a usb PT, but the results are the same. Getting pretty good flavor and throat hit, but little vapor. I'll keep playing with it.

Were you ever able to get better vapor with a cartomizer that you didn't fill yourself? Or were you only able to get good vapor from a cartomizer that you filled yourself?

Were you ever able to get better vapor with a cartomizer that you didn't fill yourself? Or were you only able to get good vapor from a cartomizer that you filled yourself?

I did get better vapor from the cart I filled myself, but in both cases it's still hit and miss. Some times I get a good hit, and some times, not so much.

Just FYI - I filled a cartomizer with VT Tobacco this morning and it's an amazing difference. Getting really good vapor and flaovr. I'm quite impressed with the performance now.