Just bought Krixus, Gets to hot to fast

TheRealKenKen

I have an innokincell disruptor with a newly bought Krixus on the top. The guy at the store told me I could vape it on 30-100 watts I'm running it at 38w. It takes a minute for it to warm up to get a draw from it but when it does warm up it gets wayyy hot wayyy fast. I'm think the resistance of the coil in the Krixus is like .3 but my disruptor is showing like 3.7-.5, my Volts is at 3.8 I really love the hit off of it once it gets going but I can't draw off of it but like 4 times before I have to wait a while for it to cool off again. Should I change the Volts or Watts why is it getting so hot?

.37-.5*

The Krixus has a ceramic core that takes awhile to heat up, because the core has to heat up not just the coil. The minimum wattage recommended is 60w, going by what the manufacturer says.

Normally a coil will get hot fast, and cool off fairly fast too, what you have is a coil that takes longer to heat up, and also cool down slower, probably good for a couple of good hits then needs a cool down period. What you have might work better with a TC setting that would limit how hot it got, but what is the coil made of, and do you have a TC mode for that type of wire, I don't think that tank was designed for TC though.

I just checked, it has a Tungsten coil, not TC compatible.

I guess you can use it in TC mode, in the Ni setting and about 40 degrees less than your desired temp, this info I got from steam engine.

Edited by FXRich

Appreciate the info. What would you recommend as a replacement for the Krixus? That could be used around 25-35Watts that would give a nice hard hit with nice taste and good airflow for my innokin? Or should I replace the box mod itself or just try to upgrade all around? Normally when I turn up the innokin it drains the battery to easily so I try to keep it at a lower rate for longer battery life. It runs out to quickly when I'm out and about the way I smoke the thing. 

Edited by TheRealKenKen
Added info.

That depends on your preferences. All my mods are Kanger so my experience with different mods is nonexistent. I use mostly the Kanger 75w TC mod, but I also like the 120w Kanger TC mod, which lasts for days because it is dual battery, but is a little too big for me to take with me when I leave home. As far as tanks go I'm a big fan of the Kanger Subtank mini, coils are cheap or you can use the RBA that comes with it. One of the best buys in my opinion is the Kanger 75w TC topbox kit, for around $50 you get the mod, and tank, the only thing that don't come with it is the battery and juice. The innokincell disruptor has a 2000mAh battery the LG HG2 is a 3000mAh battery, which can be charged in the mod or in a separate charger, a lot of people here carry a spare 18650 battery and switch when needed.

I did a little research on the innokincell disruptor, and you can buy another battery for it to carry as a spare, at $16.50, a little spendy but the charging port is built into the battery so no need for a separate charger. although it is limited to 50w it should be enough for most tanks.