What a day!!!help please

Well my temp control on my istick went to crap,i don't know why,it was fine before!so I am cleaning my tank,well a rubberband thingy pops off and I have no idea where it goes!I can not get it to fit anywhere!!so now I can't even put the dang tank on my subvod.so I break out my nebox,dry hits galore !esp in tc mode!I have to start at ten watts in watt mode and slowly creep it up to where I want it.have no idea why I am getting dry hits in tc mode this has never happened to me before help please!!what are recommended wattage /temp settings on this guy for not getting dry hits?? Like I said help please!!!good thing for backups no matter how much he'll I am having right now lol.

What kind of coil are you using in the NEBox? Once you get a dry hit, it usually means the cotton is gone, and you will continue to get dry hits until you change the coil. The rubber band thingy is probably a o-ring.

20 minutes ago, FXRich said:

What kind of coil are you using in the NEBox? Once you get a dry hit, it usually means the cotton is gone, and you will continue to get dry hits until you change the coil. The rubber band thingy is probably a o-ring.

I put a fresh stainless coil (the one w the red ring)for watt mode.I used the stainless a the nickel wire (blue ring.) For temp control. Both fresh coils.no burning taste ,i know what a bad cool tastes like heehee.I am stocked on those guys.will soon be getting the pure stainless coils (pink ring)so I can switch modes w out switching coils.Does the vg percentage make a difference?I am using high vg.can't wait til my 6mg shipment comes in ...all this stress lol.

I use a 30PG/70VG mix, I find with a 20PG/80VG mix I tend to get dry hits if I chain vape. Not all the coils with red insulators use SS, some use a Nichrome coil, the coil should have either SS, or NC printed on the coil, I believe Kanger is starting to switch to SS for most of their coils but not sure. The coils with a black insulator use a Clapton coil which are Kanthal wire, I'm not impressed with the Kanger Clapton coil, they require more power and don't deliver any more flavor or vapor in my opinion.

I use SS in TC mode and watt mode, I guess I use SS for everything. Your TC will vary from mod to mod. Not all mods will vape the same when set at a certain temp. Probably a difference in boards. I use Kanger TC mods, and the settings are pretty consistent. Depending on the juice I stay from 350f to 380f, different juices need different temp settings, and higher VG juices need a higher temp. What's  nice about TC is you won't burn the cotton if you run out of juice, you just won't get any vapor, or very little vapor as long as your temp is set below the point where cotton will burn, which I think is about 420f. I very rarely use factory coils, I even rebuild the coils I use in my Subvods replacing the Nichrome coils with SS coils. With my Subtank Minis I use the RBAs exclusively, so I very rarely have to buy coils.  

I wish I had enough patience to build my own coils ,i would probably end up with 20 feet of screwed up wire w my nerves lol.don't mind buying those guys however I would be in serious trouble if the vapepocalypse came!I need to get more back-up tanks,or learn where to put the o-ring lol.the guys at my vape shop will fix my lil red wagon I am sure!they will be all what did you do this time?no jk they are not rude at all...they just fix it and show me how to fix it should it go wrong again.our of curiosity which kanger tc mods are you using?I am getting a new tc mod of some kind for my vape a versary/bday.and picking up some extra tanks for sure-thanks again:)

I have several Kanger 75w TC mods, and one 120w Kanger TC mod, I don't need anywhere near 120w but with 2 18650 batteries in it the battery life is very long, I don't use it constantly so sometimes the batteries go 5 days. Its good that you have someplace to take your tank so it can be reassembled, without costing you anything. What I like about the Kanger TC mods is you can use pretty much any coil in TC mode, I even used a Kanthal coil in TC mode once and it worked pretty good.

As soon as my check goes in I am stocking up on the stainless  wife coils, turns out I like my n e box better than my istick,at least I don't have to fill the tank every five seconds,it doesn't guzzle near  as much juice as even the subvod did,i guess I judged it too quickly.hopefully v2 will be even better.to avoid dry hits I just don't push it above 30 watts.I have the others if I need them though,but this is not a bad mod,for whs t it is....I just have to replace my battery sometime soon.thanks again to everyone who responded,am fine now:)