Dead Atomizer?

If the atty is burning up the liquid that much, its not dead. Signs of a dead atty is no vapor production not matter how little or how much juice you put in. I would try changing the poly-fill inside the cartridge or switching to a new one. Also you can also just directly drip onto the atty, its really the only way to go ;)

I found that when they die, they just completely stop working. You can press the button and put your ear to the atomizer to check. It should make a sizzling noise. No sizzle, dead atty. And they do just all of a sudden quit working.

Now, they do get weaker over time. You will notice that they don't produce as much vapor. They don't have as much "kick" and don't really satisfy you. Some of these folks clean them but I haven't had much luck with that bringing a weak one back.

I find that when I start wanting an analog, it's a sure sign that my atty is getting weak and it's time to put on a new one.

There is no hard and fast rule but most of us have found that it takes about 4-6 weeks before they just don't work that well anymore.

So that's my experience. And I always say "Happiness is a fresh atty!"

I forgot to mention something that really helps. Take a paper towel, twist up a corner, and stick it down in the atomizer so it's touching the bottom. Don't ram it in there too tight so that it might damage the coil but enough to touch bottom. Then turn it upside down (big open part down) in a shot glass with some paper towel in the bottom. This will wick out the excess juice. You might have to repeat the process a few times until the paper towel comes out clean. I store all of mine that way and it really seems to help. Then hook it up and drip a few drops of juice directly in the atty to prime it. Then vape as usual.

Try that and see if it brings your atty back to life.

Edited by jmhester

I forgot to mention something that really helps. Take a paper towel, twist up a corner, and stick it down in the atomizer so it's touching the bottom. Don't ram it in there too tight so that it might damage the coil but enough to touch bottom. Then turn it upside down (big open part down) in a shot glass with some paper towel in the bottom. This will wick out the excess juice. You might have to repeat the process a few times until the paper towel comes out clean. I store all of mine that way and it really seems to help. Then hook it up and drip a few drops of juice directly in the atty to prime it. Then vape as usual.

Try that and see if it brings your atty back to life.

Absolutely try this! I've discovered this several days ago and now do it regularly. It's really seemed to keep my atty fresh. You'll be surprised at how much stuff gets absorbed out. Below is a post of my tissue experience.

My link

Too much liquid won't let it get hot enough to produce vapor.Sometimes they just get flooded or coated with goo,switch to one of your mandatory spares and clean it well,using one of the many methods on the many forums.Let it dry a day or two and then try it .These things go for ever if you don't burn it out by letting it go dry.Kind of a line, not a fine one between too much liquid and too little.Most of all keep several spares and lotsa liquid.No fun waiting on the mailman while watching the last bottle dwindle.

Edited by mcquinn

Too much liquid won't let it get hot enough to produce vapor.Sometimes they just get flooded or coated with goo,switch to one of your mandatory spares and clean it well,using one of the many methods on the many forums.Let it dry a day or two and then try it .These things go for ever if you don't burn it out by letting it go dry.Kind of a line, not a fine one between too much liquid and too little.Most of all keep several spares and lotsa liquid.No fun waiting on the mailman while watching the last bottle dwindle.

So true. I had 3 901 attys die on me, two died just this week. Still in the process to see if it's completely dead. One of them worked fine yesterday and when I fired it up this morning, produced nothing. I think it might have been excessive juice in the atty. I had it up right (battery connection downward). It wasn't connected to anything. But, I heard that was bad cause the juices will roll down the coils and onto the battery connection area which can short it out.