Would This Work With Pt?

Vacker1229

Maximum output for the voltage regulator is 5V @ 1A, I have no idea if the 9V Transistor battery will drive it to a full 1Amp, but I doubt it. So personally I would say save your money and time. I could be wrong and it may work... one good way to find outrolleyes.gif

According to the info I just found HERE a battery like the Duracell Copper top shown in your cousins build will put out 9 volts at 1 amp with a mAH rating of only 90. I know this would improve if you're using a voltage regulator to change the output to 5V, but I don't think it would be a dramatic improvement. My opinion is that it would work, but not for long.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered one of these http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4312783&CatId=1028

think that's the cheapest and easiest solution, specially if you're using the passthroughs from wordup or electronicstix

I just ordered one of these http://www.tigerdire...2783&CatId=1028

think that's the cheapest and easiest solution, specially if you're using the passthroughs from wordup or electronicstix

I can't speak for the WordUp or ElectrNicStix passthroughs but it definitely does not power the VP PT. In fact it barely charged an M401 battery for me. Maybe I had a bad unit, but that thing just never worked out for me personally. Let me know how it works out for you, like I said I could have had a bad unit.

I thtink they must mean 1000 miliamp hours not 1000 amp hours,it should work.The Janty/Joye PT with the battery inline uses less amps than the 5 volt style.

Edited by mcquinn

• 4 weeks later...

well if the 9v batt can do 9v 1a and i looked up 9v batts and they are ~400 - 500 mah so it would be almost 3 times longer then a regular battery, but the voltage would drop to almost 4 once put under a load from the atty because of the 1a output, if you look at other sites you can find a higher rated 5v regulator madvapes has them (1.5 and 3) and even though the regulator is brining it down to 5v its only about 80-90% efficient which leaves you at about 360-450 (at 90% efficiency) mah battery life(other 10% of energy is dissapated at heat i do believe dont worry it wont get hot lol not even warm its such a minute amout of heat ), so its should still last longer than a regular battery and should work on a pt but i would just wire it like this

5vreg.png

but my pin 1 and 2 might be reversed from the actual thing i havent used a 5v reg in a while the instructions should say... :/