What Is The Main Differences Between A Mod And A Regular Pv?

fatalis

Is it just that the higher the voltage, the more the vapor produced? And what happens to the flavor? I read somewhere that the high-power MODs decrease the flavor? Is that true??? And finally, there seems to be MODs out there that are the same voltage as a "normal" e-cig, so wouldn't they produce the same results as a regular PV? confused1.gif

Is it just that the higher the voltage, the more the vapor produced?

For the most part yes. 3.7 volt units are created not only for better battery life but for consistency. Chinese batteries where crapping out every couple of weeks so finally someone though, meh, I'll create a custom unit that lasts longer. Hence all the mods on the market now.

And what happens to the flavor? I read somewhere that the high-power MODs decrease the flavor? Is that true???

Yes. Higher power mods will heat up the juice much faster so you tend to get less flavor more throat hit. With that said however if the juice is well made then it should handle higher volts with no problem. There is also high voltage juice available on the market now that should withstand the added power.

And finally, there seems to be MODs out there that are the same voltage as a "normal" e-cig, so wouldn't they produce the same results as a regular PV?

For the most part yes this is correct. Some custom units will create more vapor not because they are more powerful but because the connections are created much better and the overall unit is built with quality. A bit like buying a maglight instead of a cheapo flashlight. They both turn on and they both make light, just the maglight is built to last.

Hope that helps :D

I agree with everything that Chris stated.

You may also find that a "mod" is an item that was once one thing (ie flashlight, laser pointer, etc) that has been modified to activate attys and used as an eCig.

Where as "quality built custom eCigs" (ie VP1, VP2, Janty stick, Ego, screwdriver, etc) where made as eCigs, made in large quantities, and usually carry a warranty.

I personally like my custom eCigs for the quality of the build and long battery life.

And finally, there seems to be MODs out there that are the same voltage as a "normal" e-cig, so wouldn't they produce the same results as a regular PV? confused1.gif

No, because longer battery life means they produce the correct voltage for a longer time. My Spade has the same voltage as my 510 manual battery but my Spade produces the vapor that the 510 battery does in the first ten minutes for HOURS. It takes my Spade about four hours to produce like the 510 does most of the time.

I agree with everything that Chris stated.

You may also find that a "mod" is an item that was once one thing (ie flashlight, laser pointer, etc) that has been modified to activate attys and used as an eCig.

Where as "quality built custom eCigs" (ie VP1, VP2, Janty stick, Ego, screwdriver, etc) where made as eCigs, made in large quantities, and usually carry a warranty.

I personally like my custom eCigs for the quality of the build and long battery life.

Green, I like the distinction you made between a mod and a custom e-cig. You put into words what I was thinking. (Thats kinda scary :) )

Or you could save $80.00 and just buy a passthrough.More consistancy lower cost,and if it is a Joye one ,3.7 to 4 volts ,,When the switch goes bad you won't be as mad you can just buy another one with the money you saved up front.

Or you could save $80.00 and just buy a passthrough.More consistancy lower cost,and if it is a Joye one ,3.7 to 4 volts ,,When the switch goes bad you won't be as mad you can just buy another one with the money you saved up front.

The problem you have there though is mobility. And the chinese passthroughs are hit and miss, some work awesome and others well, they crap out pretty quick. Some people want to take the power on the go, after all we're not always in front of a computer :)

That is the neat part of the Joye/Janty passthrough ,they have a 360 mAh battery inline you can unplug it and stuff the battery in your shirt pocket and go.If you have an adapter for your car you should never run out of power or have to stop vaping.But I am a cheapo.There are some extremely good mods out there.Every one should do the research ,ask questions and buy what they want.Its all good. :mobile:

Edited by mcquinn