Simplicity: vape philosophy and theory

I've tried many devices and tanks. Let's begin with a little personal history.

Started with halo g6 - (I actually still dig this, it's good for hands free lol running around cleaning... You can leave it in your mouth)

Next was the kanger emow kit- didn't last long the battery wire came disconnected and it seemed to get too hot so I hated it. I kept the tank despite its tendency to have that crackling sound. However, when I moved on it became obsolete.

I then moved to the eleaf 20 w and a nautilus mini. I like this but the connection kept getting stripped. Loved the nauti though.

For kicks I bought the aspire vv battery kit that came with another nauti. They were made for each other. Only complaint is the way you charge it. But taste and everything was on point. I kept as back up after "moving up"

Then I got a ipv mini 2 and forgot about my aspire vv. This device is weird. The flavor changes depending on the battery level when it gets below a certain point I always get a burnt taste. I always have a problem with taste on this ipv.

I then bought an eleaf 30 w tc. Again total weirdness with battery level but overall I have a no taste issue or weird taste.

I also bought new tanks when I got the eleaf. Kanger nano and an innokin apex sub ohm. I like the nano with the regular non sub ohm coils. Not digging the sub ohm thing but that might be because I'm new. My nano though, the glass got disconnected from the top and bottom and can't seem to rectify the issue.

Anyway I'm sitting here Vaping along on my eleaf and nauti unsatisfied and annoyed. I thought it was me. Then it dawned on me that I still had my aspire vv and decided to run an experiment. So I screw my nauti onto my vv and I get a flavor punch. At first I didn't think this should make sense. I mean such an advanced device like the eleaf and ipv should be better right? The vv is so simple, no frills device, with no digital screen, vw, or temp control. So why is the flavor better on my aspire?

I thought maybe the higher powered devices are actually over rated. Some things are actually a bad idea, like o rings (nano).

Another thought is that the higher powered devices are actually for dripping and the rba world and not for tank users like myself. Even the sub ohm tanks seem complicated because certain nic levels can effect everything.

So it comes down to compatibility. I mean the aspire vv was literally made for nauti. The 20w eleaf was pictured often with the nauti It's a combo deal. I don't think there are bad tanks and batteries just bad combos, even if something may work on a battery doesn't mean it will be best.

I also think the industry has become the equivalent of the cell phone world. Let's add frills for the next gen version that doesn't necessarily improve function and sometimes diminishes the originals function. Like most people will say I just want a PHONE that makes calls and maybe has text message capabilities. Naturally though we get pulled in by the frills.

Anyway I'll leave the higher power to the cloud chasers. Maybe one day I'll do the whole wrapping my own cotton and making coils. For now I'm keeping it simple.

Thoughts?

Theoretically the power source doesn't matter if the power is the same its the tank and atty inside that makes the difference. 7.5w is 7.5w and 3.8v. is 3.8v regardless of the source.

I agree on simplicity though. I only a few days ago started using the Dual coils that were made for my tank before that I used Kanger single coils in it and was fine but do love these new BVCs. I use an IStick 50w but vape relatively low power (10w @ 1.6ohms) and mainly have it because of the 3-4 day battery life.

Everything is going to lung hit airy sub-ohm now it seems rarely is there a post or an ad that is not about the next best sub-ohm device. Simplicity will become harder work in the future most of the things I like are no longer carried by my preferred supplier. This plus impending regulation make me wonder what the future of vaping has for me.