BackUp Ideas?!?

I have been stocking up as much as I can, but I'm just wondering what ideas are out there for a backup plan when the FDA decides to put a halt to our juice, etc. I'm not a chemist, but I am a hell of a smoker. :(

i wanna try soaking sum pipe tobacco in water for a couple days and mixing it with glycerin ... sounds good ?

i'm thinkin it should be okay, u'll get great tobacco taste and ur nic intake and because it vaporized instead of fired up, it should be a lot less worse than analogs. the only prob is controlling the dosage of nic, this method has no way of measuring it :(

All good questions. My grandfather was a tobacco farmer all his life. We grew up using 'twist tobacco' to chew. No additives, just dried, twisted tobacco leaves.

THis was how I was introduced to chewing tobacco. It would make most people very ill but when you grow up with it, not so bad. Of course I don't chew now. But sometimes we dipped the twist into maple or honey, etc. I don't remember a lot about it, but maybe something to experiment with when attempting to get juice. I hope I don't appear to be rambling. What do you think?.... <_<

Nope not rambling - true life experiences are great.

the only thing I would be concerned with is the real tobacco aspect. Not just monitoring how much nicotine we get but what about the carcinogens, isn't that somewhat why we use ecigs? Where do the carcinogens come from in real cigs? is it additives/processing/paper or all including the actual tobacco? Chewin' Tobacco has been proven to cause mouth cancer, hasn't it?

I believe e-cig nicotine is coming from vegetable matter, such as peppers.

the only thing I would be concerned with is the real tobacco aspect. Not just monitoring how much nicotine we get but what about the carcinogens, isn't that somewhat why we use ecigs? Where do the carcinogens come from in real cigs? is it additives/processing/paper or all including the actual tobacco? Chewin' Tobacco has been proven to cause mouth cancer, hasn't it?

hehe, we could substitute e-cigs now with peppers ? LOL

Anyone know the shelf life of Johson's Creek? or Totally Wicked?

Not sure of the bottled liquids, but my Npro carts came stamped with an ex. date of 2012 I believe... Actually, I just looked at my bottle of TW and on the bottom right corner of the warning label (next to the dead fish) lol it says: "use by 01-10-2011"

Without researching, I would suspect that there is a chance some of the carcinogens come from crop treatments, and probably most from cigarette production, paper production, glue... etc. ? I don't think that the tobacco from yesterday as Poppa speaks of is even in the same category as tobacco of today, it's just how it goes... as with everything that continually becomes more process and less natural.

You are probably right, but the tobacco I had was not processed at all. Just the tobacco leaf twisted and dried as it is. Nothing added. But I do like the taste of tobacco. I'm not talking about the processed chewing tobacco with all the sweets added. I guess you are right, maybe the nicotine comes from a different source. Veggies, etc. Shows how ignorant I am. My point, basically is that if we could find a way to make a procuct here in America we wouldn't have to depend on China. What is the difference in the turkish tobacco used in a hooka. It seems to be kind of moist. (Patience guys, I'm in a learning curve here.) By the time Phillip Morris is finshed with tobacco, it doesn't even match the original leaf with all the processing. Isn't that where all the trouble starts, including the burning and what that does to the product before it gets to our lungs. We are just looking for the juice and a way to mix it in water in a way that we can vapor and never smoke again. And I go on, and on and on...... Where does Johnson Creek get their juice or how do they process it. It's good stuff and I'm glad it is American born. :blush: I'll stop...... :unsure:

I'm with ya Poppa, That's what I was saying... if you grew up with twist tobacco, which I'm familiar with, the tobacco probably wasn't treated with chemicals, fertilizer, insecticides.. etc. Now a days I'm sure it is! And therefore even worse for you than it use to be... I know some chew now has fiberglass in it to help the nicotine into the bloodstream, I use to use the leaf style chew on occasion like Red Man..(in company vehicles, or airplanes), and even that is worse than "backyard grown" tobacco. All the big tobacco companies use additives to make the tobacco as addictive as possible.

You are probably right, but the tobacco I had was not processed at all. Just the tobacco leaf twisted and dried as it is. Nothing added. But I do like the taste of tobacco. I'm not talking about the processed chewing tobacco with all the sweets added. I guess you are right, maybe the nicotine comes from a different source. Veggies, etc. Shows how ignorant I am. My point, basically is that if we could find a way to make a procuct here in America we wouldn't have to depend on China. What is the difference in the turkish tobacco used in a hooka. It seems to be kind of moist. (Patience guys, I'm in a learning curve here.) By the time Phillip Morris is finshed with tobacco, it doesn't even match the original leaf with all the processing. Isn't that where all the trouble starts, including the burning and what that does to the product before it gets to our lungs. We are just looking for the juice and a way to mix it in water in a way that we can vapor and never smoke again. And I go on, and on and on...... Where does Johnson Creek get their juice or how do they process it. It's good stuff and I'm glad it is American born. :blush: I'll stop...... :unsure:

First off all of the major cigg companies add nicotine to there poducts although it is naturaly occuring in all kinds of plants I belive in tobacco the natural nicotine level is somewhere around .05%, the hooka tobacco (or shisha as its called) is moist because molasses or corn syurp is added to it with a flavoring ingredient and shisha doesnt work like traditional tobacco because of the indirect heat its much more like vaping than smoking.

Anyone know the shelf life of Johson's Creek? or Totally Wicked?

About 1-2 Years if kept in a cool dry place

Where do the carcinogens come from in real cigs? is it additives/processing/paper or all including the actual tobacco? Chewin' Tobacco has been proven to cause mouth cancer, hasn't it?

The chemicals are added later. There are a few reasons they add them, for example, ammonia (I believe) is added to help the nicotine burn efficiently. Most are unaware that nicotine does not burn well. So manufactures have to added various chemicals in order to aid in the process. In the state of California it's law that cigarettes manufactures add a fire retardant to the cigarette. This helps a cigarettes extinguish itself should a a smoker fall asleep etc. It also of course helps to prevent wildfires which is a known problem here.

Wow... Didn't know all that.. You would think I would, smoking as long as I have.... Randz, the reason I asked about the hooka is because I had a chance to try one, one time... It had a strwberry flavor to it and very mild... I thought it tasted much like the vapor we get from the strawberry flavored juice and the kick too.. Just grasping at straws, I guess. In case we get shut down by the FDA... I am so happy with e-smoking now ant the potential of never smoking again, it makes me sick to think of not having it now. I need the crutch.... Know what I mean?