Pg And The Flu

keenan

I remember reading somewhere that PG was used in hospitals to help prevent the spread of the flu and common colds. Now, a little background here first. I smoked for 30 odd years. I smoked A LOT. EVERY year, for as long as I can remember, I have gotten one form or another of the flu. At LEAST once every year, usually twice or more. And the seasons had nothing to do with it, I would get the "summer cold" as quick as one in the winter. I dont want to get into all the medical theories on how the flu spreads or any medical aspect of it. I just wanna keep it simple, and say I was an easy target for influenza every year, and leave it at that. Now, this year, and its December now, I have had NO symptoms whatsoever since I started vaping in September.I Do remember having like a 24 hour thing right at the beginning, but Im not sure it was the flu, and it was more of a stomach issue. Not even the sniffles. Not even allergies, another symptom I suffered like clockwork every year. I was shocked, and amazed, when a few weeks ago, as some of you may remember, EVERYONE in my house came down with a bug. A relentless strain that had everyone wishing they had never been born. You've had the flu like that, Im sure. I remember, as I was playing Clara Barton, :doctor: (look her up, you youngins ), that I was SURE I would get it from everyone. Well, I didnt. My son came down with it twice. Still, I was flu free. Over Thanksgiving, we saw some family members who thoughtlessly came to dinner with the bug. Nope, didnt get it. I strongly believe, the reason is related in SOME way to my vaping. It CANT be luck, as any TRUE Irishman worth his salt will tell you, us Irish dole out the luck, we are rarely the recipients of it. (Ask any Kennedy. For all thier "good fortunes", fate has heaved a lofty blow on them over the years.)

BUT, alas, the reason for my post - I woke up this morning with my throat feeling like a blacktop road in Alabama in July. My chest is congested, and Im coughing up lung oysters the size of small farm animals. Wait, thats not enough info yet. My head feels like the Hindenburg mustve felt moments before it erupted into a blazing inferno. And I have the energy of a 3 toed sloth. In a coma. On qualudes. OK, thats enough.

Now, in my defense, and I believe, to the credit of vaping, its really a no brainer that Im a leeetle under the weather. Having been subjected to my house being turned into a virus storage area for 2 weeks, ALSO, as some of you know, I spent last week with my wife at the Hospital. Twice in the E.R. for 7 hours. I learned a neat little trick as well. Apparently, when you go to the e.r. if you want to be seen IMMEDIATLY as soon as you walk in the door, it helps if you have a member of law enforcement walk you in with handcuffs ! I witnessed on 3 seperate occassions, members of our society who OBVIOUSLY deserved to be seen before the rest of us who had been waiting there for 7 hours. All 3 of them. In and out. 2 with smiles on thier faces as if to say "smile, and the whole world smiles with you". Back to my point, I spent what amounted to a total of 14 hours in a relatively small, cramped waiting room, with approximately 35 to 40 people with bodily fluids exuding from orifices I didnt know could be shown in public. Then I spent 4 and a half days in the wing where my wifes room was, and let me tell you, these people were ill. No sympathy hounds there, they were genuinly sick. So the fact that I contracted what appears to be the flu, in my opinion, could not be avoided even had I chugged an industrial sized keg of PG.

I really thought I might be able to go this WHOLE flu season unscathed, but Im really not disappointed, considering the perils I was subject to. That was a LOOOONG way around the barn to ask "What do you guys think ?" Youll have to forgive my rambling on, I just took my temp, its 101.3, and Im starting to see some pretty vivid what I hope are hallucenations. Im gonna go now, Elvis just walked in .......

Edited by keenan

Oh, I'm so sorry you're sick, Keenan. At least you got to go for awhile without being sick. And maybe it would have been worse without vaping. And maybe the vaping will make it go away quicker. No matter what, I sure do hope you feel better soon.

On a lighter note, it's great that you can still make me laugh and write such great posts even feeling as poorly as you do. Thanks for that.

Thought this would interest you.

TIME Mag. Medicine: Air Germicide

Get Better Soon!

That was AWESOME Comp ! Kinda sucked for the mice, though. But, how can the FDA, or ANY government entity, after a study like this, how can they POSSIBLY try to tell us e cigs are bad for us, and we;d be better off with analogs. Even if they try to use the argument that children will be targeted, which they WONT, but SO WHAT. Its friggin HARMLESS, and actually beneficial. Its really starting to scare me, because the more logical it seems to ALLOW the sale of e cigs, the more Im sure the Govt. will lower the boom. Logic and legislation are NEVER used in the same sentance. Thanks again Comp, and this article is priceless for our cause.

That was AWESOME Comp ! Kinda sucked for the mice, though. But, how can the FDA, or ANY government entity, after a study like this, how can they POSSIBLY try to tell us e cigs are bad for us, and we;d be better off with analogs. Even if they try to use the argument that children will be targeted, which they WONT, but SO WHAT. Its friggin HARMLESS, and actually beneficial. Its really starting to scare me, because the more logical it seems to ALLOW the sale of e cigs, the more Im sure the Govt. will lower the boom. Logic and legislation are NEVER used in the same sentance. Thanks again Comp, and this article is priceless for our cause.

Your Welcome keenan! I found it in my search for PG and it's effects on health. :) Gives new meaning to second hand vapor? ;) Made me think that's for sure. Like you I was a smoker for many years and had the constant colds and flu like systems... This is my first winter Vaping and have had way less trouble with cold and flu like systems this year than in years past. I think everyone should be adding this study link into letters and emails they send to Senators and others.

Edited by Compenstine

I concur. That was a great article Comp. My only problem is I vape VG. Maybe, I'll switch it up. My daughter is alergic to egg whites which is in all flu shots, so maybe she can even benefit from PG in the air at the house. Amazing! Vaping is the cats pajamas. HE HE

My sig. other picked up some bug that started in his sinus and has moved to his chest. He did give it to me but get this. My head backed up, couldn't breathe, pressure behind the eyes. He is still sickand for 2 days I had sinus issues and today I am totally back to 100%.