What Makes A Juice Good?

Crimus

Hi all,

I'm new to the world of ecigs and am really looking forward to getting my spade within a couple days. I've had experience with vaping, just not to replace my cigarette habit if you know what I mean. The hardest thing to get used to was the lack of what I guess is called the throat hit in the world of ecigs. I ordered a bottle of the caramel stuff and traditional tobacco of the vapor talk variety, and am hoping those are a good place to start. I'm a pipe smoker as well, and a caramel based blend is one of my favorites with pipes.

What I'm curious about when it comes to ejuice is what makes one brand better then another? I'm not really concerned about flavours, but more about the throat hit, the quality of the juice, does one brand last longer then the other, and do certain brands have more negative ingredients (like the antifreeze chemical) then another? or anything else you can think of to point out to me would be greatly appreciated.

First off welcome to our great world of eCigs.

And would what make one brand better than the other is where it's made. I found the USA based companies make better and tastier eLiquids. If you haven't had any good eLiquids before, the one you got from VTstore is gonna knock you socks off!!!

Full of flavor and a pleasant but satisfying throat hit. On top of that you are getting a top quality custom eCig in the Spade.

As for eLiquids made in let's say China, they do not have the same quality control as we have here in the states.

Hope this helps,

Cya

Hi Crimus, welcome to the forum. I think you're going to have a tough time getting a straight answer to these questions. It's all such a matter of personal taste. One persons good throat hit, might be totally harsh to someone else; or, might seem like nothing at all. Some people like to buy very high nicotine content juice, almost all of that is a solution using PG. That's Propylene Glycol, a chemical that is used in some antifreeze, but is not nearly as harmful as ethylene glycol, PG's more toxic, less expensive (therefore, much more widely used in antifreeze) cousin. This high nicotine juice can then be cut down to a reasonable level with the addition of more PG or vegetable glycerin, VG, and flavored using a variety of liquid flavorings, available at e-cig cites, or just your local bakery supply store. I believe there are sites that offer a juice that has no PG in it at all, in flavored and unflavored, but you'll have to search a bit to find that.

PG and VG give a different "feel," and, the amount of flavoring can change the throat hit also. You're perfect blend, (or blends) will come from a mix of these ingredients. If you can find one premixed the way you like it, you'll be way ahead of the game. Chances are, if you really want it perfect for you, you'll have to get some supplies, and do some experimenting. That's the stage of vaping I'm at right now. Just ask more questions on Vapor Talk whenever you need to, and read up on properly storing your juice. (There's a topic going on about that right now.) That's probably the one thing that will affect the shelf life of your juice the most.

Welcome! Like SmokinHammer said, probably best to try a few vendors and diff. nic levels to see what works for you. I got some 18mg juice with my 1st ecig and was disappointed with the throat hit. A few days later my 24mg juice from the VT store arrived and oh man, what a difference. For me, that's the one. Great throat hit.

Welcome! Like SmokinHammer said, probably best to try a few vendors and diff. nic levels to see what works for you. I got some 18mg juice with my 1st ecig and was disappointed with the throat hit. A few days later my 24mg juice from the VT store arrived and oh man, what a difference. For me, that's the one. Great throat hit.

I'm smoking analogs with only 6-8 mg of nicotine, so I'm hoping the 16 mg ones I ordered will do the trick. If not, I'll be sure to try out the 24mg ones. I have no idea what the pipe tobocco I smoke is at nicotine levels wise, but the main reason I smoke pipes is the pure pleasure of taste and the breathing process. I have severe anxiety and I find smoking pipes help me calm down, I mentioned it to one of my doctors and they said it's because of the big inhales and exhales you do with pipe smoking mimic deep breathing exercises except for the use of nasal inhalation. From the videos I've seen of people smoking e cigs, it looks like that feeling is going to be mimiced with the bigger draws you have to take. Possibly another big benefit of ecigs that haven't been mentioned/recognized yet.

You can only be pointed in a good juice direction. Best bet is to do sampler sets until you find what's best for your taste buds.

When I started vaping, I based the juices I ordered off recommendations then I just went on a rampage and ordered anything and everything in sight. That wasn't the greatest idea since I only vape like 2-4 flavors and now have like 20 flavors sitting around that I'll never use!