Nickel... Joytech VT...

So I had posted yesterday about nickel and had that problem resolved. But since I have run into another issue. Currently I'm running a .21 ohm nickel and kanthal twisted build. When I put it into nickel mode it atomatically switches back to standard mode. I have no idea why. Please help! I was really looking into having some fun with nickel but so far it's been the most frustrating thing when it come to vaping

Mike, have you checked all of your connections?  Are your ohms jumping around?  What device/tank are you running?

With nickel it jumps around with heat but I have the ohms locked in at room temp. All of the connections are tight and I'm using a tug boat. I put a new build in it and it seems to be working okay now. I really don't know what the issue was.

I apologize, I didn't read the title close enough.  I have read that some people are having a bit of trouble with atty lock.  I dug around and found this guy's fix on the web.  I don't have an Evic, so I can't speak to the specifics of the device, but my TC mod acts really strange if there is a bit of bad connection anywhere.

Here is the post:

I tried a trick to get it locked cold right away.. The process.

A never powered fresh build wick and ready. You can have the screen on but never hit fire button while atty is reading.

Unlock atty ohms

Power off /on

Have atty attached but loose to 0 ohms

Get into the menu scroll down to atomizer and prepare to lock

Screw atty on and lock the res it will ask new coil when fired, it does not apply power at that point. Select new.

That's it..

I don't know if it will help or not, but it is worth a shot!

With nickel it jumps around with heat but I have the ohms locked in at room temp. All of the connections are tight and I'm using a tug boat. I put a new build in it and it seems to be working okay now. I really don't know what the issue was.

Keep us posted.  The more I read about this mod the more I like it.  I didn't realize it was using refinement to stabilize the temp similar to the DNA40.  I really like this, because the longer you use it the more accurate it should get.  Of course adding the Kanthal changes the coefficient of resistance of the coil.  It also changes the curve, because when heated the resistance moves more linear on the nickel than the kantal so your temp readings will not be as accurate, but if it is consistent, I don't care what the screen says.

Another thing I have learned in my limited experience with this temp stuff is it is dang picky.  I setup my coils in the .1 - .15.  Just the ambient temperature can change the resistance.  I also can not use some of my tanks, due to connection issues.  My Lemo 2 is going to require a bit of modification to keep the ohms stable. (It has a 2 piece base and the pin is a little short.   It works fine with Kanthal, but too picky for nickel.

Edited by jasonculp
kant spel