Fda And Banning The Ecig

WVfem

I just looked at Jonnoh's thread entitled, "Is this true," asking about various countries banning the ecig. I'm concerned about this too, and I did a search online of this subject, finding many entries of areas/states in the USA proposing a ban of this product. Quite honestly, I do look for some sort of strict regulation, if not total banning. That said, as a smoker of 35 years, who has "quit" several times, I'm so grateful to have found this product. I haven't received my Joye 510 starter kit yet, but it's on its way. In the meantime, I'm doing lots of research and asking lots of questions. I ordered a charger, and also went to the Johnson Creek website and ordered some juice in various nicotine strenghts, with which I hope to taper down to zero nic. Yes...I hope to use it as a "stop smoking" device. :whistle:

It's sad that for so many years we all joked as smokers "they have lasers and can land on the moon, why can't we make a safer cigarette"

Now although there isn't enough testing to actually say the E Cigarette is safe I think we can all agree this is a giant step in the right direction. I have no doubt in my mind that if they could figure a way to regulate and tax this product (and by regulate I mean make sure you can only purchase the nicotine in small quantities so you have to purchase more, which means more tax) these devices would be legal.

I don't understand them wanting to ban ecgis. I don't understand them thinking they are dangerous. I don't understand them wanting to regulate them (with the exception of those who are underage). But then I guess I don't understand a lot of what our government wants to do.

Those of us who have found ecigs will all attest to how much better we feel, how much more energy we have, how our senses are coming back, and how very happy we are to be non-smokers now. The sad thing is that these people who want to ban them don't know anything about them. All they really need to know is that there is no dangerous second hand smoke like with analogs and nicotine is the only thing in them that could possibly be a problem. There are none of the other dangerous things in them like there is in analogs. Good grief, there isn't even the offensive smell that you get with analogs. And if they took the time to really look into ecigs, they'd find that a whole bunch of us are working our way down to 0 nicotine. That would even take away the possible danger of nicotine.

What is really strange to me is that don't "regulate" the amount of nicotine we took in as smokers so why in the world do they think they need to do that now? We had the right to smoke, we had the right to use the strongest cigarettes they made, and we could smoke as many of them as we wanted. So why now is it so important to regulate ecigs? It has to be because they aren't really concerned about our health or our safety, but only about the amount of money they are losing in taxes because so many people are turning away from the highly taxed analogs. There really isn't any other answer. Well, other than they want complete and utter control over every single aspect of our lives.

If we quit smoking analogs:

1) Less tax revenue.

2) We'll all be around longer to collect social security and get medicare.

Double whammy. Sureley nobody's really thinking that way. This is most likely being driven by lobbyists and ideologues.

If we quit smoking analogs:

1) Less tax revenue.

2) We'll all be around longer to collect social security and get medicare.

Double whammy. Sureley nobody's really thinking that way. This is most likely being driven by lobbyists and ideologues.

You hit the nail on the head!!!

I am glad my money is going somewhere else,they used us long enough!!!

I am glad I will get my share of SS and Medicare its gonna take longer to get the same amount anyway!!!!

And Yes they do think that way..Just dont admit it...

You hit the nail on the head!!!

I am glad my money is going somewhere else,they used us long enough!!!

I am glad I will get my share of SS and Medicare its gonna take longer to get the same amount anyway!!!!

And Yes they do think that way..Just dont admit it...

Why would they admit it to their "admiring" public, the voters who are supposed to be told the truth!?! Geez. I don't want my ecig taken away. I have been using it for 9 days...no analogs since it arrived in the mail. AT ALL! I am free and totally loving it. I stepped down to 11 mg today.

I have said many times, if you want to find the REAL problems with America, FOLLOW THE MONEY. Why do these bozos care about our healthcare. THEY have the BEST coverage in the world. FREE !!! Wanna see them fix healthcare the RIGHT way, make them pay for thiers. it'd be solved in a DAY !! Uh-oh, I feel a rant coming on ....

I have said many times, if you want to find the REAL problems with America, FOLLOW THE MONEY. Why do these bozos care about our healthcare. THEY have the BEST coverage in the world. FREE !!! Wanna see them fix healthcare the RIGHT way, make them pay for thiers. it'd be solved in a DAY !! Uh-oh, I feel a rant coming on ....

Keenan for President!!!

Got my vote!!!!

LOL! I have decided to make this, my ACTUAL 1000th post, a special one, and announce my candidacy for the office of The United Vapes of America. As for now, there are no other opponents ( but Im sure that underhanded, low-rent, diabolical individual known as "TheSmokingMan", will throw his crusty old hat in the ring any day now). With your support, we can make this a happy warm and fuzzy world, a change we can believe in ! Thank you for your support, and now its on to the NEXT 1000 posts ! You guys ROCK ! :thumbsup::punk:

LOL! I have decided to make this, my ACTUAL 1000th post, a special one, and announce my candidacy for the office of The United Vapes of America. As for now, there are no other opponents ( but Im sure that underhanded, low-rent, diabolical individual known as "TheSmokingMan", will throw his crusty old hat in the ring any day now). With your support, we can make this a happy warm and fuzzy world, a change we can believe in ! Thank you for your support, and now its on to the NEXT 1000 posts ! You guys ROCK ! :thumbsup::punk:

Hey!! I heard that! "Shot heard round the world" kind of talk there, you want me to declare war on you again?