Nj Senate Is Scheduled To Ban Ecig

From Bill Godshall of Smokefree Pennsylvania comes the following information. We need to help our friends in Peensylvania!

On Thursday at 2PM, the NJ Senate is scheduled to consider (i.e. vote) on legislation to ban e-cigarette usage in all indoor workplaces and public places.

Below are e-mail addresses for the 40 NJ State Senators (at the bottom is a list of all addresses).

Please send e-mails ASAP urging them to oppose the e-cigarette usage ban.

Letters should be short (no more than one page).

Key talking points include:

- your experience with e-cigarettes in helping to quit/reduce cigarette consumption,

- e-cigarettes are not cigarettes, and shouldn't be treated like cigarettes,

- e-cigarettes are smokefree products, and thus shouldn't be defined as smoking,

- there is no evidence that e-cigarettes have ever harmed any user or nonuser,

- the bill would force exsmoking e-cigarette users to be exposed to tobacco smoke,

- e-cigarettes aren't marketed to youth, but rather to adult smokers as alternatives

Here is a nice copy and paste address list created by Ski

senallen@njleg.org,senbaroni@njleg.org,senbateman@njleg.org,senbeach@njleg.org,

senbeck@njleg.org,senbucco@njleg.org,senbuono@njleg.org,sencardinale@njleg.org,

senciesla@njleg.org,sencodey@njleg.org,senconnors@njleg.org,

sencunningham@njleg.org,sendoherty@njleg.org,sengill@njleg.org,

sengirgenti@njleg.org,sengordon@njleg.org,senhaines@njleg.org,senkean@njleg.org,

Senkean@njleg.org,senkyrillos@njleg.org,senlesniak@njleg.org,

senmadden@njleg.org,senotoole@njleg.org,senoroho@njleg.org,

senpennacchio@njleg.org,senredd@njleg.org,senrice@njleg.org,senruiz@njleg.org,

sensacco@njleg.org,sensarlo@njleg.org,senscutari@njleg.org,sensinger@njleg.org,

senbsmith@njleg.org,senstack@njleg.org,sensweeney@njleg.org,

senturner@njleg.org,senvandrew@njleg.org,senvitale@njleg.org,

senweinberg@njleg.org,senwhelan@njleg.org

We helped stop the California Ban now lets try to put a stop to this one. Do not let them win, send those emails, it will only take 2 minutes of your time

Below is the text of the email that I sent to the copy/paste list provided above:

"Dear Senators;

First allow me to apologize for submitting one email to all addresses. I simply must be careful about my time as I'm on my employer's clock. However, I am very passionate about this issue so will ask your indulgence.

Please carefully consider whether to ban e-cigarettes in public and work places.

I only recently learned about e-cigarettes. I have been a heavy smoker for over 40 years, and tried every method "in the book" to quit the habit. I have been 100% unsuccessful in my attempts to quit smoking. My health suffered severely from my heavy intake of cigarette smoke, yet I had been unable to quit smoking regardless of the myriad prescription nicotine supplements I've used in my many attempts. I had tried every option available to quit smoking, to absolutely no avail. Yet I've been "vaping" for a little over one month, and have been smoke-free for over two weeks. E-cigarettes have been the God-send that I needed to quit smoking. I know in my heart that I will never smoke cigarettes again, and will never subject bystanders to their unhealthy byproducts.

May I tell you, this substitute for tobacco is unsurpassed in its efficacy to help me give up the smoking habit. In just over two weeks of non-smoking using my e-cigarette, my health has improved tremendously. I can exercise with vigor, have more energy, spend 20% more time at my desk working (hence greatly improved productivity for my employer at no cost to them), have experienced resurgence of my senses of taste and smell, and generally have found the experience wholly satisfactory. Without the ability to use my vapor device, I would of necessity revert to the smoking habit that was slowly but surely taking my life and costing my employer a significant portion of my working day.

Electronic cigarettes have no known negative effects, for the user or for bystanders. E-cigarettes produce only steam, which virtually immediately dissipates in the atmosphere. There are no side-products of combustion; there is only steam.

I use my vapor device at my desk while working; my coworkers have never noticed any aroma. Rather, in all cases my coworkers and supervisors have shown complete happiness that I have finally found a solution to my smoking habit. The habit that was slowly but surely killing me, and would leave my family without the support I provide. The habit that consumed close to 20% of my workday.

Imagine! A 20% productivity improvement for every smoker who has the opportunity to use an e-cigarette while working! Banning such a device would be a real disservice to all employers during these economically challenging times.

I implore you all: Please, do not ban e-cigarettes in public or work places. Our nation deserves this unique opportunity to realize unsurpassed improvements in public health and workplace productivity.

Thank you for your consideration,

Dave Larsen"

Let's hope they listen, eh? I know its not very well written but I knocked it off in a hurry knowing that if I didn't I would do nothing. I saved the email and will tweak it quite a bit the next time I need to use it to help inform our lawmakers. I can't stress enough how pleased I am to have learned about vaping. It's changed my life immensely.

My e-mails are sent :)

Hello Senator; My name is Daniel _________ and I have become aware of a disturbing bill that is coming before you to vote

on about banning "electronic cigarettes", preferably called a "personal nicotine vaporiser". I am an adult of 34 years

and an "e-cig" user. I do not believe that "personal nicotine vaporisers" which I will refer to as PNV's should be lumped

together with cigarettes or any "tobacco" product. Nicotine is contained in many vegetables like tomatoes and is therefore

not a tobacco specific ingredient. The other ingredients in "e-juice" like PG (propylene glycol) or VG (vegetable

glycerin) or water and the common candy or sno-cone flavorings are also found in very common foods. As such everything

inhaled or exhaled from "quality" e-juice is a "food" product and can be obtained without use of tobacco. Are we going to

propose banning potatoes, ripe tomatoes,cauliflower, and eggplant from being eaten or shared at work because they contain

niccotine? I have quit tobacco cigarettes entirely after 20+ years of smoking. The patch, the gum, and the niccotine

inhaler have all failed to help me stop smoking ( I would find myself lighting a cigarette while still wearing the patch

or chewing the gum). The PNV however in my opinion has been the one alternative that has worked for me, and they make no

claim to even be a "quit smoking device" just a (until otherwise "unbiased" and "quantifiably" proven) healthier

alternative. I have been off "analog" cigarettes for about 1 month and have had no bad health effects, Instead I have

noticed my lungs capacity has increased, my sense of smell and taste have started to get stronger, I have more energy and

my wife says I no longer smell like an ashtray. I am not an uneducated man and I can see no cause to even consider such a

ban. They are not marketed to children and most companies that sell them (even though they are not required to yet) have

voluntarily put warnings on their website and their product stating "keep away from children", "not for non-smokers or

anyone under the age of 18" and other warnings to that effect. Now, I do support a bill requiring ALL sellers of PNV's or

e-juice to place such warnings on their products and take measures to prevent children from getting ahold of them( though

I think most of THAT responsibility lies on the parents). I would also support requiring that e-juice be sold in

containers with "child proof" caps. As for those who might become offended because it "looks" like smoke coming out, I

believe it is their responsibility to educate themselves on the matter ( just breathing looks like smoke coming out in the

winter time). Furthermore there is evidence that PG vapor from things like PNV's may well HELP everyone around the person

vaping. Time magazine health air germacide

- e-cigarettes are not cigarettes, and shouldn't be treated like cigarettes,

- e-cigarettes are smokefree products, and thus shouldn't be defined as smoking,

- there is no evidence that e-cigarettes have ever harmed any user or nonuser,

- the bill would force exsmoking e-cigarette users to be exposed to tobacco smoke,

- e-cigarettes aren't marketed to youth, but rather to adult smokers as alternatives

Please Senator, consider your vote carefully. I know I would not want to be remembered as someone who voted for a ban that

"potentialy" signed as many death warrants as this one is capable of. If you would like more information on the subject

try http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum there are many informative links within it's pages.

Sincerely Daniel __________

Edited by DannyBoyfromWashington