Woot Off Going On

Woot off started yesterday morning (1AM EST). I thought I remembered Keenan doing a little woot salutation here and there. BOC usually doesn't come up until day 2, 5-7PM hour (EST). I use wooters.us, scored 2 BOCs off that, one off wootalyzer. No geek remarks from Gazoo either please. ;-)

Ok, I just googled Woot, and, OH, NOW I get it. I am as computer illiterate as they come. I can actually B.S. my way thru a whole conversation with a geek, but I have NO friggin idea what we talked about when we're done. I thought "woot" was an affirmitave yelp, like "ooh rah, its payday !" or "Golly gee Lassie, did Timmy fall in the well again?". I didnt know I was signaling a stampede for a virtual sale ! So, from now on, I will "Hoot !" instead of "Woot !" My apologies :whistle:

Edited by keenan

Ok, I just googled Woot, and, OH, NOW I get it. I am as computer illiterate as they come. I can actually B.S. my way thru a whole conversation with a geek, but I have NO friggin idea what we talked about when we're done. I thought "woot" was an affirmitave yelp, like "ooh rah, its payday !" or "Golly gee Lassie, did Timmy fall in the well again?". I didnt know I was signaling a stampede for a virtual sale ! So, from now on, I will "Hoot !" instead of "Woot !" My apologies :whistle:

WHOOSH <--the sound of somthing flying over my head again. i second everything Keenan said lol. although once I found out it was about shopping I get it. BTW geek in the way I use it is a word of extreme admiration.

Woot rocks. My company uses it occasionally to sell extra stock and the deals are pretty awesome. Once you start to Woot, you check it every day, never know what awesome stuff will be up there for a great price.

Nothing wrong with using woot, I'm sure it started as a positive hail, just figured you knew about it as I never heard the word before until I found woot.com. Usually the site puts one thing up at midnight central time and lets it go until 24 hours later or if it sells out. Every few months they have a woot off, things go up pretty quick and sell out and everyone is waiting for a BOC (bag of cra-). It costs 3 bucks plus 5 shipping and sometimes is worth just that, i.e. a true bag of cra-, sometimes for some people they get much more than that. People go ape trying to get it when it comes up. Lots of fun if you have the time, it usually comes up on my way home so no joy. Sometimes I have my son bring up a tracker site, he disappointed me to no end when it came up but he wasn't there within 2 secs to get the order in. servers jam up, everything locks up. Sometimes I get home in time to my nice speedy machine downstairs and get in, of course that's the machine that's all over the floor right now being diagnosed, so there you go...no joy. These guys have made a fortune.

Ordered several things from Woot, awesome stuff, good prices and 5 dollar shipping.

Thing is, I must stress this, with they're shipping - it's not USPS priority nor UPS, it's like they're own packaged slapped with a stamp/sticker (for smaller items, I understand larger ones have much better shipping). It took almost 2 weeks for an item (3 micro SD cards) to be sent to me. It happens periodically but most of the time, shipping arrivals around 3 days to a week.

Woot has some pretty interesting stuff up sometimes. Been meaning to try and buy something from them, but I keep forgetting to. I missed out on a $5 marshmallow gun awhile back. I wanted to run around the office and shoot my coworkers with marshmallows. LOL

I scored a bag of cra-... yippee. Came up a little early. Amazing off this horrible connection at work. And I had to do something so I tried real quick, then gave up, then went back a minute later and got right through, weird.

Here's the product description:

http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=10648

Now it will be delivered via smartpost. Yikes - takes forever. Still looking for some screaming monkees!!!