Burning Off

variven

Has anyone ever used this method for cleaning an atty? From what I understand you engage the atty until it's glowing red,then keep it on for 15-30 secs. It's supposed to burn off all the goo in the basin and on the coil.I don't want to kill an atty without checking lol !!

Vari

From what I've read on the forum, you are supposed to keep your coil wet or you will burn out your atty. I sure wouldn't try it. Of course, if you have had an atty that long that it has goo on the coil, you probably should get a new one...

What you are talking is called Dry Burning. To be honest it doesn't really work well in my option. I've tried it on a couple of atomizers and it usually ends up making the vapor very very harsh. Although it does take away that metallic taste that some people complain about it. (Still not worth it to me though, I look a smooth hard throat hit, not a beating) :)

If you do a search on youtube you will find some video demos on how to do it. From what I gathered you have to be really proactive with it. In other words you can't just decide one day to do it. It has to be a nightlty ritual that you perform. Otherwise you are just burning goo. I have that it is just easier to buy new attys. If they are in stock it is easier to buy new than the trouble.

What you are talking is called Dry Burning. To be honest it doesn't really work well in my option. I've tried it on a couple of atomizers and it usually ends up making the vapor very very harsh. Although it does take away that metallic taste that some people complain about it. (Still not worth it to me though, I look a smooth hard throat hit, not a beating) :)

I have done it with two attys, now three since I read this post, I tried it again. I agree with Chris, it changes the flavor of the vape from that point forward on that atty. It now has a more harsh throat hit and the vapor has a sort of charred flavor. Like when you burn the toast and then scrape off the burnt part, it still tastes charred a bit. I have rendered two other attys non-functional on accident by letting them heat up to the point that they just burnt up, they were in my pocket and the button got pushed for a long time and...no more atty! I now keep a fresh supply of attys in stock just in case. In 85 days I have gone thru 8 attys, 6 801s and 2 901s and I am getting ready to retire #9 to the rest home for aged attys. I don't generally have a problem with the metallic taste after the first two or three vapes off of a new atty.