Clove Recipe

So, last week I got some 24mg clove flavored juice from a site I can't even find anymore. It's okay, but not quite the throat hit that would remind me of a real clove cigarette. Then, today, in anticipation of my 54mg "base juice" from Totally Wicked, I stopped at the local bakers supply store to pick up some Lorann flavors and a bottle of VG. When I saw the clove oil, I grabbed a dram of that too, and then started wondering about mixing an oil into e-juice. I came home and found THIS RECIPE and I'd love some input before I try it.

So, last week I got some 24mg clove flavored juice from a site I can't even find anymore. It's okay, but not quite the throat hit that would remind me of a real clove cigarette. Then, today, in anticipation of my 54mg "base juice" from Totally Wicked, I stopped at the local bakers supply store to pick up some Lorann flavors and a bottle of VG. When I saw the clove oil, I grabbed a dram of that too, and then started wondering about mixing an oil into e-juice. I came home and found THIS RECIPE and I'd love some input before I try it.

I'm not a DIYer, but I've been hunting for a great clove. Trying to convert my friends who smoke those. Finally got one that has that 'hit' you get with a clove, almost made my mouth numb. From Dawn at DIYflavorshack.

Do not, repeat Do not use any "Oil" base flavorings your E-Cig, you will kill your atomizer in just 1-2 days!!!!

• 1 month later...

Do not, repeat Do not use any "Oil" base flavorings your E-Cig, you will kill your atomizer in just 1-2 days!!!!

Not to contradict, as I have no experience, but the link SmokinHammer put up to that clove recipe states that oil will not burn out an atty. I've seen several threads with opinions on this that all seem to contradict each other and no one gives any solid reasons to support their argument. Anyone have any more info on this? It would nice to finally figure it out.

I read Compenstine's post before I tried this recipe, and I appreciate the concern. That said, I made myself some 18mg and vaped it in my Spade for at least a week. It was not my "all day" flavor, mostly because it was so much like a real clove cigarette that I couldn't handle it continuously. It had a real good throat hit, excellent flavor, and was probably the closest to "real smoking" as I've ever been with a PV. When I decided to take a break from the clove, I blew out that atty and switched to pumpkin pie, figuring that the residual clove flavor would blend in nicely, and it's still going strong. I believe the key to this clove recipe is the grain alcohol. I would like to know the details of Compenstine's experience, and wonder if it was just a coincidence that an atty died just after switching to an oil flavored juice.

I read Compenstine's post before I tried this recipe, and I appreciate the concern. That said, I made myself some 18mg and vaped it in my Spade for at least a week. It was not my "all day" flavor, mostly because it was so much like a real clove cigarette that I couldn't handle it continuously. It had a real good throat hit, excellent flavor, and was probably the closest to "real smoking" as I've ever been with a PV. When I decided to take a break from the clove, I blew out that atty and switched to pumpkin pie, figuring that the residual clove flavor would blend in nicely, and it's still going strong. I believe the key to this clove recipe is the grain alcohol. I would like to know the details of Compenstine's experience, and wonder if it was just a coincidence that an atty died just after switching to an oil flavored juice.

I'm not big on clove but I love cinnamon. I tried doing cinnamon with 2 different types of flavorings, both oil base and ruined 4 attys doing this very quickly. All it took was one drop to cloud the fluid and it did separate within a couple hours. It did give a fantastic throat hit and tasted awesome I was only disappointed in my atty burning up. If someone can do a oil flavor that doesn't burn out attys... that is awesome... My utmost kudos to them! May be that the alcohol does react to the oil in a way that it won't harm the atty. I don't drink so it is not something I keep around my home. That being said, I do have a friend that uses a single drop of Tangerine oil in his flavor and has had no issues with his atty. Could be a that the amount used is a big factor as well. I think I will try this same recipe with cinnamon and see if it works I'm not afraid of testing it knowing I risk burning out an atty or two.

Vape On!

I think I would just soak some crushed cloves in VG or PG or PGA and strain it and try that.

I did this over the last week and it does work although, I used whole cloves so it would be easier to remove the cloves. If you used crushed clove I would suggest using a tea bag to hold the clove. After a week of soaking in PG it does have a light clove taste and has started to color the PG. I was thinking of heating the bottle in some hot water to help draw the clove flavor into the PG faster and give it a stronger flavor.

I did this over the last week and it does work although, I used whole cloves so it would be easier to remove the cloves. If you used crushed clove I would suggest using a tea bag to hold the clove. After a week of soaking in PG it does have a light clove taste and has started to color the PG. I was thinking of heating the bottle in some hot water to help draw the clove flavor into the PG faster and give it a stronger flavor.

UPDATE: I must have had some old clove that had lost allot of flavor the first time. I did a new batch with new cloves and WoW!!!!!!! It is fantastic with no worry of oils and no heating. I also did the same with cinnamon sticks and it is also awesome. It only took a few days to flavor the liquid. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't worry so much about the atty's as I would about your lungs. I have read several articles warning against vaping anything with oil based flavoring. I can cause lipid pneumonia, just like breathing too much vapor from Pam spray, or other oil based sprays.

:thumbsdown: