Follow Up on Battery Discharge/Recharge Levels.

I always try to look for a gearhead analogy to help my feeble brain understand things.  I remember when I got my first car that had a voltmeter instead of an ammeter.  I think it was in a 1973 Pontiac Grand Am.  It had reverted to full gauges from idiot lights.  All my early 1950s cars had ammeters until I got some 1960s cars, most of which had idiot lights.  I never understood the benefit.  The battery and generator/alternator were working OK if the needle was on the plus side in either case. Now vehicles are mostly equipped with the totally confusing 'check engine' light which I can do, and usually see nothing by opening the bonnet and looking.   I also can understand the idea of not discharging a battery too far because all the RV enthusiasts maintain that it's battery murder to frequently discharge a house deep cycle battery below 50%, but until very recently these batteries are all some variation of lead/acid.  So someday we might have a setup that has a 'Check Mod' warning?  :) 

Unless you are using unprotected batteries in a mechanical mod there kind of is. It will simply stop working when it reaches the low discharge level. I don't do low ohm or high voltage but do have a propensity to run my IMR batteries almost dead in my mechanicals and have not had any problems. I suppose the IMR formula is protecting an idiot. Have only been able to blow up one battery in over 8 years of vaping and experimenting. It really took some effort on my part and since it was not contained was more of a smelly smoky fizzle. Just follow manufacturers recommendations and you should be ok.