Clean Atty With Ultrasound Question

Deko

I have an ultrasound cleaner (42,000 waves per sec.),

I also have a cleaning solution that is good for electronics, watches, etc. (Gilby Ultrasonic cleaner)

I want to try using the solution I have,

however,if anyone knows what solution to use to clean the atty please let me know.

Thanks,

Deko

I also have a cleaning solution that is good for electronics, watches, etc. (Gilby Ultrasonic cleaner)

however,if anyone knows what solution to use to clean the atty please let me know.

Thanks,

Deko

i would only use water remember you inhale from the atty i wouldnt want any chemicals in it Edited by Gazoo

Thanks,

Deko

Please be very carefull with anything you use to clean a atomizer with as any residue will be inhaled!!!

The topic has come up for general cleaning and distilled water,tap water,pure alcohol,are the safest.I dont know for sure if anyone has used alcohol in a ultrasonic cleaner.

The boiling method with water is sure to do no harm...

Anyone else please chime in......

i would only use water remember you inhale from the atty i wouldnt want any chemicals in it

Thanks for the reply.

Do you use an ultrasound to clean the atty?

If you do, what results do you get?

The solution I have is supposed to prevent rust from developing on metal etc.,

I intend on rinsing the atty in distilled water after the cleaning.

Also, water alone doesn't seem to clean without some sort of solution, and as nicotine is hard to clean, I thought that using a solution would be best.

If you have good results with using plain water in the ultrasound, then I will try it for sure.

Deko

Please be very carefull with anything you use to clean a atomizer with as any residue will be inhaled!!!

True, in fact I see people referencing using canned air to blow them out. I think the people making the canned air actually put something in it to prevent people from inhaling it, I have no idea what goes in it or if it is harmful.

Yes, PLEASE do NOT use any chemicals as you use the atty to HEAT up a liquid and INHALE it.

NOT a good idea for the cleaner, JUST use hot water.

Well that makes two people that said to use water only, that must be the way to go then.

However, I did intend on rinsing it well in distilled water after the cleaning, but since I have never done it before, I am only trying to figure this out.

I think I understand both your concerns as this will be different than cleaning a watch or something as I will be ingesting, not simply wearing.

I will ask you the same question, do you use an ultrasound to clean the atty, and if you do what results do you get?

Thanks,

Deko

True, in fact I see people referencing using canned air to blow them out. I think the people making the canned air actually put something in it to prevent people from inhaling it, I have no idea what goes in it or if it is harmful.

Thanks,

it seems the consensus is to use water only, glad I asked before just doing it.

Thanks.

Thanks,

it seems the consensus is to use water only, glad I asked before just doing it.

Thanks.

As to the canned air, they add a bittering agent to discourage inhalation. I doubt it's especially harmful, but trust me you don't want your atty to taste like it. If you don't own a small air compressor you may want to consider purchasing one to dry your attys after you clean them, the nice part is you can also use it to air up your car / bike tires, etc. Here's a cheap one... http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Hausfeld-FP2028-Compressor-Accessory/dp/B000BOCBAM/ref=pd_cp_hi_3

I understand the pros, and cons of using chemicals,

however, the chemical I do use is being used by dental offices, medical offices,etc. so I assume that they understand that it will be ingested.

I was also wondering if using something like H2O2, or Simple Green, or something to that effect could be used.

(Of course with a rinsing in Distilled water)

Okay - I'm trying to respect your request in your other post to only collect opinions from people who use ultrasounds so I won't post there. You certainly are making it difficult though. I would appreciate it if you would respond here to let me know you've read this. I've pasted your comment above. My warning is there is ingesting into your stomach and then there is vaporising stuff into your lungs. These are two VERY different things. Most stuff you can eat will not be harmless to your lungs.

I use an Ultrasonic cleaner and my feelings are mixed to be honest.

The packet of cleaner that comes with Ultrasonic cleaner is usually meant for cleaning jewlery and can be quite harsh. Although I'm sure it will clean the atomizer very well, even if you rinse it, there is going to be left over residue that just isn't going to come out. You really don't want to inhale that.

Although nicotine is hard to clean off that isn't actually what stops the atomizer from working it's the juice build up over time which sort of becomes carbonized if you will. If you clean your atomizer once a week in an ultrasonic cleaner (not an ultrasound cleaner as that's for cleaning baby machines ;) ) then it should last quite a while.

As the members have stated just make sure it's dry before using again otherwise it could take some time for it to come back to life. Also before trying to use the atomizer again after cleaning make sure you add about 6 drops of liquid to get it primed up. Hope that helps :)