Tugboat V1 by Flawless

GeorgeF

gag8tor has asked about the Tugboat V1 atty, so here is my review thus far.

e4a253c8742968c65703b11a202d059b.jpg

If shinnyitis hasn't grabbed you yet this polished Tugboat will change all that. The polish is just as the mfg. name implies, Flawless. The logo is laser etched into it, as well as an American flag on the opposite side. The atty measures approx. 22mm. The fit between the build deck and top cap is tight. Top cap is 26.60mm tall. The overall height from the base of the 510 pin to the top of the drip tip is 50.7mm.

1d609709dfb66101d4addde13e88a16d.jpg

The build deck is well machined. The negative posts are machined into the deck the positive post is screwed on with insulators in the appropriate locations. The juice well is fairly deep, 4.5mm.  As you can see the screws are nice and big. Post holes are good size. Positive post has 2/ 25ga. wires tucked in it. The post holes are a bit below the top of the juice well. This makes getting the wires in a big of a challenge, but as you can see not terribly difficult. Easy enough a cave man can do it.

8d50cf0e4a470a1030392c46b9d9cdab.jpg

The build I used is a dual coil 25ga. 10 wraps on a 2.4mm screwdriver. It rang in at .5 ohms. I am currently running it on my Sigelei 100w box at 45w.
285c88857a6fa00b023d009a0e19d9ec.jpg

Plenty of room to put a fair amount of cotton in the juice well, this translates to not having to drip as often as my IGO-W.

ec9808af7c6e2db829dcfadc3fcd08b6.jpg

I used Vapowire 25ga. A1 Kanthal for this build.

Edited by GeorgeF

yes definitely worth the 35 bucks. But I would use cash or credit, 35 Bucks will cost a small fortune to ship as payment. Not to mention, they might not like venison.

Now knowing how well their product is, I may just have to stash something more aside to get the matching mechanical mod.