Anyone Know Which Natural Faeries Finest Extracts Work Well?

fatalis

Anyone here have any experience with Faeries Finest extracts, esp. their all-natural ones? I had a couple of horrible experiences with Lorann's artificial extracts and decided to try the all-natural route. I saw that FF has a bunch of natural ones and was wondering if anyone has used these with any success (i.e. something "vapable"). I'd like to buy some to try, but it would be extremely helpful if I knew where to start. I've heard that you tend to need much more with the natural flavors also... :huh:

Thanks in advance! :)

• 1 month later...

Anyone here have any experience with Faeries Finest extracts, esp. their all-natural ones? I had a couple of horrible experiences with Lorann's artificial extracts and decided to try the all-natural route. I saw that FF has a bunch of natural ones and was wondering if anyone has used these with any success (i.e. something "vapable"). I'd like to buy some to try, but it would be extremely helpful if I knew where to start. I've heard that you tend to need much more with the natural flavors also... :huh:

Thanks in advance! :)

Here's the link, go to this section; http://www.faeriesfinest.com/extracts.html I have 12 of their flavors and love them, I sent them an e-mail and they assured me they are completely natural, no additives. Click on any flavor and it will list ingredients under the name and then tell more about each individual one.

Here's the link, go to this section; http://www.faeriesfi...m/extracts.html I have 12 of their flavors and love them, I sent them an e-mail and they assured me they are completely natural, no additives. Click on any flavor and it will list ingredients under the name and then tell more about each individual one.

That stuff looks great! Can you compare their strength to, for example, Flavourart flavorings? Just curious whether I'd have to use a lot of the extract to get sufficient flavor for my deadened taste buds to recognize. :) Thanks.

That stuff looks great! Can you compare their strength to, for example, Flavourart flavorings? Just curious whether I'd have to use a lot of the extract to get sufficient flavor for my deadened taste buds to recognize. :) Thanks.

I use 20% FaeriesFinest flavoring, if that helps, I think I kinda messed up my tastebuds by smoking cigs for 31 yrs, so I need them strong for me to taste it, soooo, I also use Tasty Puffs tobacco flavorings, which are verrrry STRONNNNG! One drop of this stuff goes forever, so only add 1 or 2 drops to my FF mix, (i.e. I add TP banana to FF banana to make it even stronger). Tasty Puff's even has Juicy Fruit flavor, which tastes just like Juicy fruit gum, lol. For Juicy fruit,I only use 2 drops for 10ml of VG mix. TP gets stronger after it sits overnight or so, Tasty Puff's Watermelon taste like jolly rancher's watermelon candy, so does the apple, banana tastes like banana flavored toffee candy to me. FF cherry was kinda dull I thought, but 1 drop of TP cherry takes care of that.

But for the most part,Faeries finest are sure alot stronger than any ready made e-liquid you can buy, IMHO

I chose Fearies finest because they are all natural made, and guarantee no additives, I like to know what I'm putting in my body, Tasty Puffs are made for natural ingredients as well,

Lorann's flavorings have food colorings and even ethanol and a few other ??? added, that turned me away. Many people say they use massive amount of Lorann's, and still can't taste them, so I chose FF instead, I don't know how much Flavourart's flavoring it takes,or incomparison, I'd like to try some of their flavors one day, but I do know FF's go a really long ways. I bought like 6 bottles about 5 months ago, and you can bearly tell I've used anything out of the bottles, with 2 vapors in the house. lol Pretty good.

Tasty Puff's are verrry sweet,so I use Fearies Finest to blend and tone them down a bit if that makes any sense. lol For me, they just work great together. I have mixes of Fearies finest for all day vaping and save the TP/FF mixes for special treats. lol.

I only like Tasty Puff mixes for like after a meal and certain times for an extra treat, and use Faeries finest for all day vapes, (TP can get too sweet if used all day, for me anyways,)

I like all of Faeries finest nut flavors,exp macadamia nut and almond, sometimes i like to vape something besides fruit, and I don't want tobacco flavor, so a nut flavor tastes good, They blend really nice with the fruit flavors as well. I've read that they actually add nut flavors to tobacco cigs, so. anyways, hope I haven't confused you any... lol.

I was curious myself how Flavourart's flavoring are, are they strong??

Thanks,

Michelle

Hi Michelle and Dave, This is some really good info. I was wondering how much(if any) nicotine you are using and whether or not you desire a throat hit. Also I understand that PG is a better medium for flavor. Do you use any VG for flavor or vapor? I've got supplies on the way and this info would be helpful. I am getting along good with High or low levels of Nic. I've been off analogs for almost a month(25 year smoker). I'd love to hear about any misc. tips. Thanks,--Mike

I don't know how I missed this post, but I sure don't remember reading it before this morning. Since it goes with the other post I've been participating in, I wanted to jump in here. Both go together anyway. LOL

Michelle, you said that TP flavors are too sweet. I only ordered those and not the Faeries. You think it's really necessary? I suppose I should go ahead and order some FF then, but I'm not completely sure what you mean by how much of them you use. You said 20%...do you mean 20% flavoring to however much VG you are using? Like 80% VG to 20% FF. And then add 1 or 2 drops of TP? I didn't sit down and do the math, but doesn't that make the juice fairly pricey? Just off the top of my head, 20% seems like a lot where 1 or 2 drops doesn't. FF are $4. for 2 oz. and 2 oz. isn't a lot. But then I never learned metrics and have a tough time with that. I've been using ml for ejuic, so I don't know how that compares to the oz. I guess I should have done some looking before posting, but I'm just to anxious to get these answers. I'm so excited about the possibilty of tasting what I'm vaping. LOL

And do you not use FF when you use the TP Juicy Fruit. I ordered Juicy Fruit and I'm excited to try it.

I did use Lorann's flavoring and did use massive amounts and never got any more than a slight taste to them. I'm sure it's because of needing the stronger flavors like you and Dave. Or, I'm really hoping that's the case.

I placed an order with Cappella's, too. Have you ever ordered from them? I wasn't sure if I should do that or not, but those flavoring can be used in food and I figured if I can't taste the vapor with them, I could still use them to flavor things to eat. lol Hey, I try to be as thrifty as I can.

Sorry if I'm being a pain with these questions. I want to do this mixing thing right and not waste any more than I have to.

Hi Michelle and Dave, This is some really good info. I was wondering how much(if any) nicotine you are using and whether or not you desire a throat hit. Also I understand that PG is a better medium for flavor. Do you use any VG for flavor or vapor? I've got supplies on the way and this info would be helpful. I am getting along good with High or low levels of Nic. I've been off analogs for almost a month(25 year smoker). I'd love to hear about any misc. tips. Thanks,--Mike

Hi Mike! I currently a dse 801, VP2 and only use VG and 2mg nic during the day and 26mg nic for times when I want more nic. I have MS and nicotine helps with pain and helps me think more clearly. Believe it or not, Scientists have done studies on the this and there are several benefits of nicotine, including preventing Alzheimer's, improving cognition and memory.

Anyway, as far a throat hit, I've discovered that throat hit doesn't depend so much on nic, as it does the heat device you're using is capable of producing. The hotter the vape, the more the throat hit.

The same atomizer on a regular 801 battery, same e-liquid, produces nearly zero TH (throat hit), whether I mixed it with pg, different flavorings, or added more nicotine, the TH was just not there.

But, take the SAME atty with no TH and screw it onto a Chuck, and oh my GOD! No matter how you draw on it, soft, light, or hard, you can feel it go into your mouth and hit the back of your throat. Myself, I can't handle the big hits like my husband does, Usually, on mine, I take 2 to 3 hits into my mouth, inhale it, and then blow it out. I simply cannot do this on the Chuck with an 801 atty. I can only take one short little puff, before I feel it hit my throat, and yet still get a plume of vapor, enough for me, lol. It feels like an analog to me doing it this way.

More nic may make it a little stronger, but with the Chuck hits as powerful as they are with plain VG, the hotter your atty gets, the harder the TH, and the Chuck doesn't need any help,lol.

I've decided I like it so well, I'm getting myself a Chuck too, it's waaaay more dependable and I'm tired of messing with e-cig batteries that are don't work very well. I do like the manual batteries though, I will say that, because you can hold that button down and get better hits, but it still doesn't compare to the Chuck.

I'm a wimp I guess when it comes to taking those big hits on a CHuck, lol.

I've tried various combinations of e-liquid and nic, vg/pg mix, and I LOVE VG the best, PG made me thirsty all of the time, and even though I wasn't even feeling the vapor as in "TH", by the end of the day, my throat was sore, and couldn't seem to drink even water, lol. So I said, screw that, and switched to straight VG. HUGE vapor clouds, and excellent flavor.

With a fully charged 4.2v battery on my VP2, I can feel the vapor on my throat if I keep holding the button down and take in 3 heavy hits at once before I exhale it, but only works when I first put the battery in off the charger, after that it drops back down to no TH.

I've been vaping for a little over 6 months now, and these are just some of the things I've discovered, based on my experience,

hope this helps a little

:yes

Michelle

I don't know how I missed this post, but I sure don't remember reading it before this morning. Since it goes with the other post I've been participating in, I wanted to jump in here. Both go together anyway. LOL

Michelle, you said that TP flavors are too sweet. I only ordered those and not the Faeries. You think it's really necessary? I suppose I should go ahead and order some FF then, but I'm not completely sure what you mean by how much of them you use. You said 20%...do you mean 20% flavoring to however much VG you are using? Like 80% VG to 20% FF. And then add 1 or 2 drops of TP? I didn't sit down and do the math, but doesn't that make the juice fairly pricey? Just off the top of my head, 20% seems like a lot where 1 or 2 drops doesn't. FF are $4. for 2 oz. and 2 oz. isn't a lot. But then I never learned metrics and have a tough time with that. I've been using ml for ejuic, so I don't know how that compares to the oz. I guess I should have done some looking before posting, but I'm just to anxious to get these answers. I'm so excited about the possibilty of tasting what I'm vaping. LOL

And do you not use FF when you use the TP Juicy Fruit. I ordered Juicy Fruit and I'm excited to try it.

I did use Lorann's flavoring and did use massive amounts and never got any more than a slight taste to them. I'm sure it's because of needing the stronger flavors like you and Dave. Or, I'm really hoping that's the case.

I placed an order with Cappella's, too. Have you ever ordered from them? I wasn't sure if I should do that or not, but those flavoring can be used in food and I figured if I can't taste the vapor with them, I could still use them to flavor things to eat. lol Hey, I try to be as thrifty as I can.

Sorry if I'm being a pain with these questions. I want to do this mixing thing right and not waste any more than I have to.

I'm glad to help, ask a away...

Yes you should get some of FF because TP's are very sweet, and while they taste really good, after awhile it's like, everything starts tasting sweet, Faeriesfinest compliments and evens out the sweetness of TP, if that makes sense .

I started mixing FF with 20%, which 5mL would be 20 drops of FF, and then I added 1 or 2 drops of TP, but I'm sure 10% FF along with TP will be plenty strong. Might have to adjust a little for yor own preference, See, I already had 3 or 4 bottles of e-liquid I made with FF before my Tasty puff drops came in the mail, so I just added 1 or 2 drops.

So you could use less FF if you use TP with it,. I bought my FF about 4 or 5 months ago and have only used bearly 1/3 of it, (if even that), of my 2 favorite flavors. There's still alot left. The next batch I make, I'm going to try 10% of FF and top them off with TP

I know what you mean, about Juicy fruit, that's the first one I used when I opened my package, lol. I used 2 drops of Juicy Fruit in a small bottle, (5ml size) and noticed I could actually get by with only 1 drop, as it gets stronger after it sits. Just VG and Juicy Fruit, no FF.

Also, here is an online e-juice calculator: http://www.todmuller.com/ejuice/ejuice.php You don't have to know math formula's or anything to mix. Just open the webpage, enter in the nicotine strength you have, put in the nicotine strength you want to make, fill in the bottle size amount you want to make and then the number % flavoring, and hit enter. It will do all the calculations for you.

This makes mixing soooo much easier

I have several fruit flavors of I made of TP, nic, and VG, I just used several small 5ml size bottles and made one of each fruit flavor of TP's. These work great too for if your atty starts tasting bad or weird, just put 1 drop of the TP liquid you made, onto the bridge of your atty. Flavor lasts for hours sometimes.

I like to use these to top off my cart with or for a special treat, lol, It's just that after using them for awhile by themselves, IMO, they're just a little too sweet to vape all the time and Faeriesfinest seems to balance them out. lIke only drinking

cool-aid all day, lol, sometimes I like other flavors to. Plus it's fun to use FF and mix flavors.

(Best to only make like 2 ml at a time for experiementing and mxing different flavors together)

I like FF Amaretto, Black Walnut, with drop or two of TP Cherry, or Rasberry. I've done both, Rasberry is stronger than the Amaretto)

and VG. I vape this stuff at zero nic and use it for those times when I'm chain-vaping mood, lol, so I don't have to worry about nic. =)

Plus, FF has nut flavors, which I like and they also have Amaretto, which I LOVE, Even at 20% strength, and 2 vapors in the house, this stuff will last me a year atleast, I also love FF banana, tastes like banana taffee flavor, This stuff also goes along ways, if I kept using 20% in my mixes, using only the Amaretto & Banana flavorings, even with 2 vapors, it will last me for a year, which for 2 bottles, which is about $8, plus shipping, $6, $14 for a year's worth of flavoring is pretty good, then if you only use 10%, you could stretch it even further.

I hope all my wramblings on trying to explain it doesn't sound confusing, lol, if you have any more questions ok

Edited by MickiO

"Scientists have done studies on the this and there are several benefits of nicotine, including preventing Alzheimer's, improving cognition and memory." Seriously? And I've been cutting back on nic? What was I thinking. I do believe I might need more now. LOL

I did see the calculator, but since I've been mixing 0 nic, didn't think I needed it. But thanks for the link to it. It could be a great help for all those who want to mix their own.

Thanks for all the info. I'll go ahead and order some of the FF then and use that, too.

Where do you get your VG?

Wow, you ladies just rule. thumbsup.gif

Mike, I'm a nicotine freak; can't get enough (literally - never gotten enough). That's part of the reason I'm getting educated about DIY juice, to make sure I can know what I'm vaping. Right now I'm doing 48mg, which is the strongest I can find. I'll try that level in my first DIY run to see how it does but will consider upping it until I finally feel satisfied without having to breathe vapor... As to TH, the bigger the better, I say. I vaped a while with my VP2 at 3.7V, and got by okay with it - until I got the VP PT at 5V and that changed everything. Now I think I need 6V... Surprised? :D A 6V batt is in my future somewhen. Having to plug in the PT everywhere I go is a real pain in the neck, but I wouldn't go anywhere without it. So far I've only used 801s but some 510s came today and I'm breaking the first one in as we speak. I like it so far; clouds of vapor.

Michelle, I haven't tried the Flavourart stuff yet. Just heard about it and read their website, and it does sound very good. They take vaping seriously and make flavors for vapers. I'm going to have to try them, and Tasty Puff. They're both at the top of my list. I'm not too worried about over-sweetness yet, but maybe I'm naive. I'm such a hound for nicotine, TH and flavor that I'd be perfectly happy if my juice was so strong I could quit eating. :)

I had not considered nut flavors at all until you'd mentioned it a couple of times. Now I know I'm going to include a couple of nuts in an early order. Can you suggest some nut flavors and something that would go well mixed with them?

It's reassuring that the seemingly small amounts of flavorings will stretch out so far. Helps me justify spending on them - so long as I don't start thinking I need the whole cornucopia! :D

Getting off the flavor subject for a minute, what do you folks use to mix your stuff in? Just drip into the carry bottle? That seems to make good sense for experimenting with flavors, but what happens when you make up a batch? Or do you, even?

Okay, one last question: I've heard people say some juices/flavors work better at higher voltage than others. Do any of you have any concrete data on this? Which juices/flavors and why? That's clearly something I'm going to have to address, as I've no doubt that I'm going to be vaping ever-higher voltage until I hit nirvana... :D

Thanks for sharing all your wisdom.

"Scientists have done studies on the this and there are several benefits of nicotine, including preventing Alzheimer's, improving cognition and memory." Seriously? And I've been cutting back on nic? What was I thinking. I do believe I might need more now. LOL

I did see the calculator, but since I've been mixing 0 nic, didn't think I needed it. But thanks for the link to it. It could be a great help for all those who want to mix their own.

Thanks for all the info. I'll go ahead and order some of the FF then and use that, too.

Where do you get your VG?

I know what you mean, I had no idea there were actually good things that nic was doing, I noticed these things about helping with pain and helping you think when I was smoking, thought it was in my head, and then I learn, there is good things it does, and I was cutting down too, down to 2mg, with the goal of zero, what were we thinking, lol, now where's my e-cig, I need more. lol

I bought a gallon of food grad glycerine from here: http://www.botanical.com/products/bulkmisc/bulkmisc.html $33 plus shipping, it costed me $47, won't have to buy that for a lonnng time, lol. My hubby paid almost $20 for a small bottle of it at the store, it would cost hundreds to buy a gallon at those prices, so I just ordered a gallon to be done with it. It's like .36 an oz or something, lol.

Wow, you ladies just rule. thumbsup.gif

Mike, I'm a nicotine freak; can't get enough (literally - never gotten enough). That's part of the reason I'm getting educated about DIY juice, to make sure I can know what I'm vaping. Right now I'm doing 48mg, which is the strongest I can find. I'll try that level in my first DIY run to see how it does but will consider upping it until I finally feel satisfied without having to breathe vapor... As to TH, the bigger the better, I say. I vaped a while with my VP2 at 3.7V, and got by okay with it - until I got the VP PT at 5V and that changed everything. Now I think I need 6V... Surprised? :D A 6V batt is in my future somewhen. Having to plug in the PT everywhere I go is a real pain in the neck, but I wouldn't go anywhere without it. So far I've only used 801s but some 510s came today and I'm breaking the first one in as we speak. I like it so far; clouds of vapor.

Michelle, I haven't tried the Flavourart stuff yet. Just heard about it and read their website, and it does sound very good. They take vaping seriously and make flavors for vapers. I'm going to have to try them, and Tasty Puff. They're both at the top of my list. I'm not too worried about over-sweetness yet, but maybe I'm naive. I'm such a hound for nicotine, TH and flavor that I'd be perfectly happy if my juice was so strong I could quit eating. :)

I had not considered nut flavors at all until you'd mentioned it a couple of times. Now I know I'm going to include a couple of nuts in an early order. Can you suggest some nut flavors and something that would go well mixed with them?

It's reassuring that the seemingly small amounts of flavorings will stretch out so far. Helps me justify spending on them - so long as I don't start thinking I need the whole cornucopia! :D

Getting off the flavor subject for a minute, what do you folks use to mix your stuff in? Just drip into the carry bottle? That seems to make good sense for experimenting with flavors, but what happens when you make up a batch? Or do you, even?

Okay, one last question: I've heard people say some juices/flavors work better at higher voltage than others. Do any of you have any concrete data on this? Which juices/flavors and why? That's clearly something I'm going to have to address, as I've no doubt that I'm going to be vaping ever-higher voltage until I hit nirvana... :D

Thanks for sharing all your wisdom.

hey there, what I did was order the nutty flavor assortment pack. If you scroll down toward the bottom of the favor extracts page http://www.faeriesfinest.com/extracts.html they have different assortment packs, you can get 4 2oz bottles for $13.95, and if you look down at the botom of the list, there's a custom flavor assortment pack, where you can choose your own flavors, for the same price (4/$13.95). Then when you submit your order, there'll be a place to write your choices in. Cheaper this way :yes

(Save about 51¢ per bottle this way)

I use small 5mL size bottles for experimenting with flavors, and for every day, just drip into them. For my favorite flavors I bought some 2oz size blue Glass bottles/droppers, that way I can just take it from there and drip it into the small ones as needed and don't have to keep mixing all the time.

This is the best price I found, http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=29

My husband & I both use VG and have found that the Chuck provides the most throat hit and best vapor overall, no matter what you're vaping, it's multiplied like a 100 fold with this thing! Both of us have been able to cut down on the level of Nicotine we were using, cus it nice to be able to lay it down and do other things too without a pv being glued to ones hand, lol.

You know, you gotta really be careful with such high nic levels, I've read this can make you really sick, they say don't really notice it while you're used to high levels, but if you accidentally get too much one time, by slowly building up a tolerance in your body, it actually becomes more poisonous and if you get it too high, it can even be fatal. 48mg is scarey dude, They use like 60mg as pestiside. I have a bottle of 48mg, and it has a skull and cross bones on it,

Just a thought, the FDA could very well start regulating how much Nicotine can be sold, if people start vaping with high Nicotine that is made available for mixing use only.

All it would take is one person getting messed up or worse because of this, and they could gain grounds to regulate it or even ban it from being sold in those amounts.

I'm sorry, it's that 48mg is quite alot, and I would feel terrible if I didn't say something and then something happened to you.

I just care and hope you and others will be careful,

Michelle

Thanks, you people have been real helpful. Here's another chance for you to be even more helpful. What can you tell me about the base liquid. Do you ever add water or alcohol? Does the VG need to be thinned out or hydrated? I just got my supplies in today and using the calculator I made 24mg "Coffee" and "Brandy". I used 100mg PG the rest non hydrated VG and about 20% flavoring. I made about 3ml each and they came out real good. I was wondering if I could do better with what I have. I also used 3 drops of vodka in each. They vape good and taste good but a little light on the vapor. :)

Thanks, you people have been real helpful. Here's another chance for you to be even more helpful. What can you tell me about the base liquid. Do you ever add water or alcohol? Does the VG need to be thinned out or hydrated? I just got my supplies in today and using the calculator I made 24mg "Coffee" and "Brandy". I used 100mg PG the rest non hydrated VG and about 20% flavoring. I made about 3ml each and they came out real good. I was wondering if I could do better with what I have. I also used 3 drops of vodka in each. They vape good and taste good but a little light on the vapor. :)

I can't wait to vape at a higher voltage. I have a 510 and a PT. The PT has the battery in line and I think I'm not getting more than 4 volts. It doesnt work on my PC but I use it in my car. the usb adapter says 5v and 500ma max. Can someone tell me where the sweet spot is? Especially the amps.

I'm just starting this myself so can't give much help. I have some 12mg bottles of ejuice I already had and am cutting it back to 3mg or under and adding flavors. But, from what I've heard, VG is what gives the vapor. I've been adding VG and flavor and I'm getting lots of vapor. Perhaps try adding more VG to your mixes and see if that helps?

Actually the vapor is good. I think I had a week bat. I think I did good on my first attempt. I'm curious about the 5 volt thing and the proper mil.amps. I'm happy with 3.7 but I want to be more happy. I notice a slight difference with my PT and it charges my 701 cigar bat too. If I were to cut out the bat I would get 5v at 500ma max. I think I read somewhere that I need 1500-2000. Does this change with different voltages such as 4.5, 5,6 etc.

How much VG did you use? VG gives you huge vapor plumes, I'm currently using 20% flavoring and the rest is VG, Pure VG +nic (my nic is also VG based)

I posted this question on another forum, about adding water, and here is answer I received:

"As a standard when making a straight VG mix I always add 20% thinning agent to the total quantity of VG being used. A fast way to check for viscosity is to do the drip test. Drip one drop of your VG mix next to one drop of standard store bought PG mix. Then tilt a mirror at a 45 degree angle and see how fast and far the drips run. If they are the same you are good. If the VG drip is slower and shorter, add more thinning agent.

The thinning agents can be either distilled water or a high proof vodka. The benefit of the vodka is it adds some to the throat hit. And does not diminish the vapor production as much IMO. But the distilled water works for those that do not want to use alcohol."

Others suggested to me, to use a small amount to start, and then do the above test, and increase as needed, and to always use distilled water.

I dunno, 20%? That seems like an awful lot to me, I've been testing a couple drops of water in a small amount of e-liquid to see how it goes for awhile first. =)

hey there, what I did was order the nutty flavor assortment pack. If you scroll down toward the bottom of the favor extracts page http://www.faeriesfi...m/extracts.html they have different assortment packs, you can get 4 2oz bottles for $13.95, and if you look down at the botom of the list, there's a custom flavor assortment pack, where you can choose your own flavors, for the same price (4/$13.95). Then when you submit your order, there'll be a place to write your choices in. Cheaper this way :yes

(Save about 51¢ per bottle this way)

I use small 5mL size bottles for experimenting with flavors, and for every day, just drip into them. For my favorite flavors I bought some 2oz size blue Glass bottles/droppers, that way I can just take it from there and drip it into the small ones as needed and don't have to keep mixing all the time.

This is the best price I found, http://www.specialty...on=Custom&ID=29

My husband & I both use VG and have found that the Chuck provides the most throat hit and best vapor overall, no matter what you're vaping, it's multiplied like a 100 fold with this thing! Both of us have been able to cut down on the level of Nicotine we were using, cus it nice to be able to lay it down and do other things too without a pv being glued to ones hand, lol.

You know, you gotta really be careful with such high nic levels, I've read this can make you really sick, they say don't really notice it while you're used to high levels, but if you accidentally get too much one time, by slowly building up a tolerance in your body, it actually becomes more poisonous and if you get it too high, it can even be fatal. 48mg is scarey dude, They use like 60mg as pestiside. I have a bottle of 48mg, and it has a skull and cross bones on it,

Just a thought, the FDA could very well start regulating how much Nicotine can be sold, if people start vaping with high Nicotine that is made available for mixing use only.

All it would take is one person getting messed up or worse because of this, and they could gain grounds to regulate it or even ban it from being sold in those amounts.

I'm sorry, it's that 48mg is quite alot, and I would feel terrible if I didn't say something and then something happened to you.

I just care and hope you and others will be careful,

Michelle

:D Thank you for your concern Michelle, both for me and for vapers generally. But honestly, I laughed when I read that. I think most vapers used "Light" analogs of some kind. In contrast, I was actually a heavy smoker - non-filters and cigars until I choked on the smoke; and that was still not enough nicotine to satisfy my craving for very long. Half an hour, maybe 15 minutes until I'd fire up another. 48mg of nic is a huge reduction in my nicotine uptake. It's been a real struggle to cut back that much, particularly the last few days for some reason.

And you addressed one of my own concerns, that the FDA will regulate the nic to such a low level I'll be back on non-filters. That would just be a shame. If all there was, was 24mg juice I would not be here. Vaping would be like smoking "Light" analogs, which honestly, is nothing; colored (a little) air. Not a substitute for actual smoking. I've seen "Light" smokers take a drag off one of my analogs and choke, eyes bugged out, act like they're going to lose their lunch. Me? I could hot-box three or four Pall Malls before going back to my desk.

There is a very big difference, one I think very few people actually understand, between "Lights" and 'real' cigarettes. It concerns me a great deal. I think all those "Light" smokers could make vaping impossible for those of us who really cannot quit smoking, by believing that 24mg of nic is "strong." Cripes, I could drink shots of that paltry stuff...

... Hmm ...

==>(Joke! :D)<==

As to the flavorings, thank you again! I'm really looking forward to blending my own juice. The idea of mixing nutty flavors with fruits is very intriguing. All kinds of ideas are rolling around in my head. And hey! I've bought bottles from Specialty Bottle before too. I went by there the other day in fact, looking for good mixing and storage possibilities. Thanks for the selection, that's just right.

ddavelarsen Dave:

ok...I can see how higher amounts could help, I used to be a chain smoker myself and smoking one every 5 to 10 mins, and at times using my last cig to light my next one, bad, bad habit, I know, so I can kinda understand where you're coming from. For me, it was more the hand/mouth habit and the thick heavy smoke that I needed, especially when I was nervous or upset, I'd smoke like a freight train, lol.

I started at 36mg of nic, and found myself vaping constantly like phene, and at that time, there wasn't anything higher than that available, and I figured the reason I was doing that was I wasn't getting enough nic, Because when I vaped heavily like that, not ever putting the thing down, I started to notice that I got a buzz from it, and felt kinda spaced out, lol like I need any help in THAT department, lol I'm spaced out enough as it is, lol.

Anyways, So I decided to challenge myself, or test myself, if you will, to see if this was true, To see if it was the nicotine, or the smoking/hand to mouth bit, the thick smoke, or what. So I started slowly cutting down on my nic level, over the past 6 months time and increasing the vapor thickness with VG,instead. Mixing my own stuff, playing with lots of flavors. =)

At first, for the first several weeks or months, I just kept vaping and vaping, never able to put it down, but still kept slowly decreasing the nic level I was using a little more. Then after several more weeks, when I felt I could take it on, I'd decrease it still, a little more, and more. Then one day, I noticed I was starting to put my e-cig down, without thinking about it or craving it for awhile, So I kept it up, and noticed more and more that I was not only laying my pv down, I was going for longer and longer periods, before I actually picked it up to vape again.

Sooo, then I started purposely leaving it in the other room, so I'd have to get up to go get it, and pretty soon, I was noticing, I kept forgetting exactly "where" i'l left it at, and found myself searching room to room for it, lol. (Never would do THAT, with an analog, lol, I KNEW full well exactly where my cigs were, at ALL times, -they went everywhere I went, lol, kindof like my shadow, or my friendly little pet does, lol)

I worked my way down slowly, to 2mg doing this, ha, I really surprised myself!I started noticing just a couple of weeks ago, when I'd take my pv with me at night and left it next to the bed, (my little pacifier, lol) I'd get up the next morning, start my day, drink my coffee, answer e-mails, whatever, and a whole hour went by! I hadn't even thought of my e-cig, Then last week, I noticed it was almost noon time before I remembered it, or felt the need to use it, I couldn't believe it!

(I started vaping July 11th) Now here's the thing, the story gets even better, my husband just recently started vaping and uses 26mg. So, in the process of getting him started, priming atty's for him and getting his cart reading, fixing issues with the atty, e-liquid, etc, I was hitting on his 26mg occasionally, I figures, once it while, just a few hits wouldn't hurt anything,right?! Well, let me tell you something, I could not get over how good I felt after using high 26mg nic and I felt more alert/awake, more energetic, like I used to feel when I smoke analogs. It took several times of fixing his e-cig for him and hitting that higher nic, before I made the connections.

I mean, I didn't realize it was Nicotine that made me alert, and have this, like an over-all sense of well-being, and more energetic feeling. So then I did some research on the net, and learned, that yes, Nicotine has does have some good benefits and has been scientifically tested and proved to do those things.

Soooo...now, I'm just using 2mg during the day, like usual, and then use the higher nic only to give me that boost I'm looking for, by just adding some to my cart, and then go back to my favorite flavor, which is 2mg filled with plumes of VG vapor clouds. =)

I discovered that when you do high levels all the time, you don't really notice these things so much, and only want more of the same. It's like, once I separated myself from it, I could feel and appreciate the benefits of vaping nic, so much more. Since I know, our bodies tend to build up tolerances to things after awhile, and if demands aren't met, it throws a little fit, much like a spoiled child, saying "I want, I want, I need, i HAVE TO have" more, more MORE! weeeeeehooooo! lol least I did. lol

Now I've discovered, vaping is so much more rewarding and special, to have special treats for myself.

And to honest, if they had had a higher of nic than 36mg when I first started vaping, I most certainly would have bought it and been using it, and I'm not sure if ANY level amount would have EVER been enough to completely satisfy that need.

But now, I totally love & enjoy all the the thickness of the VG vapor, all the good flavors, And I also found out by doing this, it is far more pleasing, and now "I" am in charge of my vaping, not my e-cig, lol, I have the power bc I can now pick n' choose when, where and what I vape based on my mood or flavor cravings, and NOT for the nic only. lol. And THAT, is a huge victory for me! Which feels sooo much better than, all the panic and anxiety, and that ever-present "need" to "have to" vape/smoke.

I don't "have to" do anything! lol You can't tell me what to do, stupid nicotine habit, lol, I'm in charge now. lol Sounds silly, I know, but it's actually,....'sad but true'.

Anyways, I know this if off-topic you guys, for whoever else may read this, but I figured I'd share this, and maybe someone might benefit from my little test trial here, lol,

Least ways I hope so....

Anyways, I know you're happy with your nic level, if that's what does it for you in life, then, hey, enjoy it. Please lemme know when you get your flavors, hope you enjoy them!

peace.....

Michelle

Edited by MickiO

I know what you mean, I had no idea there were actually good things that nic was doing, I noticed these things about helping with pain and helping you think when I was smoking, thought it was in my head, and then I learn, there is good things it does, and I was cutting down too, down to 2mg, with the goal of zero, what were we thinking, lol, now where's my e-cig, I need more. lol

I bought a gallon of food grad glycerine from here: http://www.botanical.com/products/bulkmisc/bulkmisc.html $33 plus shipping, it costed me $47, won't have to buy that for a lonnng time, lol. My hubby paid almost $20 for a small bottle of it at the store, it would cost hundreds to buy a gallon at those prices, so I just ordered a gallon to be done with it. It's like .36 an oz or something, lol.

Thanks for the link. I think I'll be buying a lot of this stuff in bulk now. I'm still using PG, too, so have a big supply of it. I already had a bunch of VG (I use it in other things like soap, etc.), but I'll be needing more since I now have another good use for it. lol

Michelle, thank you. That was a really cool reply and made a whole lot of sense. You're an angel in your own special way; you made the only argument that could have gotten my attention, and in a way that I understand. You are my hero for today. thumbsup.gif

Haven't tried VG at all, but I'm going to now.

Michelle, thank you. That was a really cool reply and made a whole lot of sense. You're an angel in your own special way; you made the only argument that could have gotten my attention, and in a way that I understand. You are my hero for today. thumbsup.gif

Haven't tried VG at all, but I'm going to now.

awwwwww, how's sweeeeet! Thankyou! Now YOU just made my day, actually, you just made my whole weekend!!

what a nice thing to say....I'm smiling from ear to ear! :D thankyou Dave, you have a wonderful way with words, and sure know how to make a person feel good!

"Thankyou!!" :flower: Not sure if you can see it, it's supposed to be a flower....

wow, I got called a "hero" today!

Michelle

Edited by MickiO

I just love happiness! This thread nearly brought a tear to my eye. I just thought I'd follow up on my experiments... I used 100mg PG & 99.5%pure Vg (almost 50/50) a couple drops of vodka 22%flavor including loran butter rum and Wilton butter flavor. I get really good vapor and great tasting juice with a kick-but TH. And whoever said it will taste better after a day or so was right. I made something similar with just brandy flavor and that's great too. I made bubble gum today and it tastes like Bazzoka Joe. I can't wait till tomorrow when it is fully dissolved together. I find that PG/VG mix works fine but next time I might try all VG. If anyone was wondering I estimate about 30 mg on what I made. I would have given you the exact drops but I lost the info. I made them in 3ml containers. It's real easy with the online calculator. Thanks to all who posted! :thumbsup:

I just love happiness! This thread nearly brought a tear to my eye. I just thought I'd follow up on my experiments... I used 100mg PG & 99.5%pure Vg (almost 50/50) a couple drops of vodka 22%flavor including loran butter rum and Wilton butter flavor. I get really good vapor and great tasting juice with a kick-but TH. And whoever said it will taste better after a day or so was right. I made something similar with just brandy flavor and that's great too. I made bubble gum today and it tastes like Bazzoka Joe. I can't wait till tomorrow when it is fully dissolved together. I find that PG/VG mix works fine but next time I might try all VG. If anyone was wondering I estimate about 30 mg on what I made. I would have given you the exact drops but I lost the info. I made them in 3ml containers. It's real easy with the online calculator. Thanks to all who posted! :thumbsup:

Awesome Mike! :thumbsup: Glad you're enjoying it, It's always nice to know, that whatever happens,....you can always just vape on!.....or like someone else said, "vape through it...." :)

That's fantastic, Mike!! Good for you! I had planned on mixing and vaping and vaping and mixing today. I just did the vaping instead. lol I didn't get a chance to do any mixing, but I'm going to work on it tomorrow. I keep sniffing the Tasty Puff bottles (which probably is too strange and I should quit it) and they smell so good. I'm looking forward to being the next to try my own flavors.