Support Your Favorite Supplier(S)

So, yesterday, I snuck out of the house to go support one of my favorite local taverns. I wasn't there for five minutes before I was approached by a lady who had heard of electronic cigarettes, but had never seen one. (It happens to me all the time.) I gave her a quick run down on how they work, and she was very interested in getting her own, so I told her about Vapor Talk, and ElectroNic Stix. She said she'd remember, but I'm assuming that she went home, and just googled "e-cigs" or something, and ended up God knows where.

When I got home, I opened my new shipment from ElectroNic Stix. When I saw the business cards that Jason includes in the box, I realized that I should put them in my wallet, so that next time I can simply hand them out to whoever asks about my wonderful Joye 510. I hope Christopher included some cards with the Spade I ordered yesterday, because I would love to be able to promote the Vapor Talk store as well. My only fear, at this point, is that I'm going to run out of cards pretty fast. Jason and Christopher, If you'd like to throw a bunch in an envelope for me, PM for my address.

An idea for suppliers - The next time you have business cards printed, include a promo code, or just be sure to cite any existing special you have. That way, I can point it out when I give somebody the card, and they'll be even more likely to remember to look you up. (Everybody likes a good promo!)

John

This is a good idea and something I think will benefit everyone. Not only does it bring members to the forum but it makes sure they get a good product. God knows there are some wacky suppliers on the net these days.

I actually did have business cards created but at the last minute I did a logo redesign so I'm submitting the new logo. I promise once they are FINALLY done I'll start passing them out in the orders.

That is a good idea. Was also thinking maybe suppliers could include a VT card or some note about VT when they ship out orders. Might improve success rates.

On a similar note, when I first started investigating ecigs, I started with google/yahoo searches for "electronic cigarette" and what I got was Smoking Anywhere and a lot of shady looking sites. After quite a bit of looking I started noticing the work "vapor" a lot, so I searched for "vapor cigarette" and that's when I found VT. Not sure how search engines work, but would be good if you could get this site picked up under some other key works like "ecig", "electronic cigarette", etc.

We would nothing more than to have our website show up when you type electronic cigarette. The problem his Smoke Everywhere spent LOTS of money saturating the web with blogs and link backs to bring their page up with such a high ranking.

This is something we could do as well but it takes a deep pocket to do. Of course as the forum grows and people start posting more than higher chance we will start to rank over other sites and eventually ECF. (But trust me I'm work on it everyday SEO is a job all on it's own)

The more people post about vaportalk on OTHER websites the faster and higher we will rank on Google and Yahoo. :)

A lot of the vendors I've ordered from include several cards, some with a discount code, most with just information. My favorite are the Vapor4Life cards, that have an explanation of electronic cigarettes on the back, great to have that to hand to people.

My standard response goes something like this:

10 times a day, " Hey, is that one of thos fake cigarette things?"

Me, "Yep" vaaaaaape

10 times a day, " How does it work?" moves into my personal space and starts bending over and looking.

Me: backs up a step and dis asembles devices, " this is the battery casing with a lithium battery inside"

Me: unscrews VP1 or VP2 depending on my shift length. Shows blue battery.

Me: "This is the Atomizer, it has a little porcilen recpticle that boils the liquid and produces steam that I inhale"

10 times a day: " Do you get a buzz off it?"

Me: " well this is the liquid" pulls Dulicis bottle from vacant lighter pocket, and drips 3 drops in LB Atty.

'it has the nicotine"

Takes 5 second draw and exhales

10 times a day "Wow (insert hundred questions here)!!!!!"

Me: "If your really interested go to Vaportalk.com all your questions will be answered"

10 times a day: "but how does it..............."

Me: VAPORTALK.COM and check out the videos, very informative.

10 times a day: "I saw one of those at the mall"

Me: "NO! VAPORTALK.COM" produces note card from pocket and writes down URL.

10 times a day: goes back to computer and enters URL instead of doing important work that 10 times a day gets paid for.

And yet 10 times a day excited 10 times a day comes brandishing a BLU, then I drip Dulcis directly on their atty and blow their minds.

That is a good idea. Was also thinking maybe suppliers could include a VT card or some note about VT when they ship out orders. Might improve success rates.

On a similar note, when I first started investigating ecigs, I started with google/yahoo searches for "electronic cigarette" and what I got was Smoking Anywhere and a lot of shady looking sites. After quite a bit of looking I started noticing the work "vapor" a lot, so I searched for "vapor cigarette" and that's when I found VT. Not sure how search engines work, but would be good if you could get this site picked up under some other key works like "ecig", "electronic cigarette", etc.

If I search Electronic Cigarette, my first results are electroniccigarettesinc, ecf and smokeless delite. Maybe it's because I have visits to those pages through google?

At any rate, Chris, if google still works the same way as it used to with page ranking, if some of the vendors were willing to link back to you with e-cig or electronic cigarette forum or something in the link description, it would raise your rank for those searches a lot.