Dripping And Driving

Here is a random thought, should dripping and driving be illigal? Ecigs may not be mass spread yet but it's only a matter of time. Many of us choose to direct drip and I have no doubt some of you try to drip when driving. Which of course could can lead to problems...

So, dripping and driving illigal? Your thoughts..

I may not be too popular with this opinion, but I think I gotta say yes. I really hate to have to make it illegal, but I think it makes sense to not drip and drive. I drip, but wouldn't want to do it while driving. Stopped at a stop sign or stop light is no problem. I just can't see doing it while driving. I don't like seeing people talk on cell phones while driving anymore either. At first it didn't bother me at all, but now that we could have easily been in several accidents because of people talking on phones and driving, I can see where they just don't need to do it. And texting while driving, I think is just about the dumbest thing.

I've only 'drip and drive' once and I must say it was such a hassle trying to drip while focusing on the road. I agree with Nana, that I don't think it to be illegal, it's more of common sense not to drip and drive. Now dripping at a Red light, I'm okay with. :)

I drip and drive all the time and i dont think it is all that hard. I do agree that it should not be done though. Especially at night, that is somthing I would recommend you never try. I tried once and it is very challenging.

Here is a random thought, should dripping and driving be illigal? Ecigs may not be mass spread yet but it's only a matter of time. Many of us choose to direct drip and I have no doubt some of you try to drip when driving. Which of course could can lead to problems...

So, dripping and driving illigal? Your thoughts..

Personally, I always wait until I'm at a stoplight to drip. I have also been known to pull over into a parking lot to drip my atty with my car parked. If my wife is in the car with me, I have her put a few drops in for me. Dripping your atty can divert your attention long enough to cause an accident and should be avoided. However, I don't think it should be made illegal. A little care and patients can help avoid a lot of problems and possible injury.

Edited by CNubel

I could definitely see this leading to a problem some time. It probably already has. I drip and drive but try to go it at stop lights. Some times straight-aways on highways will have to do.

If we even REMOTELY want e cigs to be accepted, we have to come out of the gate with concessions already in hand. Do I think it SHOULD be illegal ? Short answer, no. I think it MUST be illegal to avoid any controversy that is BOUND to arise, because as much as I hate to admit it, there MUST be some irresponsible vapers out there who will abuse the privelage. And if, IF we ever get e cigs accepted, it will take ONE lawsuit as a result of that irresponsibility to have them taken away as quick as we got them. Our society of late is on a "punish the masses for the mistakes of a few" mode. While I dont agree with it, I would be willing to sacrifice it for the right to vape. Benjamin Franklin said - "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Unfortunately, Franklin's world was a little less complex than ours.

Edited by keenan

I usually carry a few devices with me and I fill up before i leave and i can usually make it to my dest. although i dont think dripping and driving is a good idea at all

Do I think it SHOULD be illegal ? Short answer, no. I think it MUST be illegal to avoid any controversy that is BOUND to arise, because as much as I hate to admit it, there MUST be some irresponsible vapers out there who will abuse the privelage.

While I couldn't agree with Keenan more, and I DON'T want to turn this into a political discussion, I'm sure that dripping and driving is already illegal. It would fall under inattentive driving, which is illegal in every state. Unfortunately, legislators like to make a name for themselves, which is why we have to have special laws for using a cell phone while driving, and texting while driving. I'm sure it's just as dangerous to eat a double cheeseburger while driving, but double cheeseburgers aren't controversial enough for some windbag to make a big deal about.

The moral of my story? If you do something dumb while dripping and driving, HOPE that you're prosecuted under laws that currently exist, and don't make a big deal about your "right to vape."

Edited by SmokinHammer

LOL ! Smokinghammer, I guess my rep precedes me. I can turn ANY topic into a political discussion. LOL ! BUT, I promise I wont here. Back to what you said, I would only add that Im more concerned not about a vaper blowing his horn, but his victim finding out it was caused by vaping, and starting a crusade as a result. In the end, I guess it doesnt matter either way, ANY bad reference to vaping will be devastating.

I believe it shouldn't be illegal. I don't like laws that regulate what goes on in my house or car. Traffic police shouldn't be focused on me but on my car. Besides where would the line be drawn? It is illegal to drink and drive but also illegal to have an opened container. I wouldn't be surprised if it would also become illegal to have your e-liquid in the car with you. Imagine what you would be going through if they made a law that all e-liquid has to be in new sealed unopened containers in your trunk. If we are going to make things that distract you illegal then what about eating, drinking, talking, bill boards, or listening to the radio.

I believe it shouldn't be illegal. I don't like laws that regulate what goes on in my house or car. Traffic police shouldn't be focused on me but on my car. Besides where would the line be drawn? It is illegal to drink and drive but also illegal to have an opened container. I wouldn't be surprised if it would also become illegal to have your e-liquid in the car with you. Imagine what you would be going through if they made a law that all e-liquid has to be in new sealed unopened containers in your trunk. If we are going to make things that distract you illegal then what about eating, drinking, talking, bill boards, or listening to the radio.

I think you make a very valid point, and with what you said in mind I will have to say no, it should not be illegal.

Schizophretard you nailed it on the head. I was curious on the views of some of the members. I however in this case believe less is more. When it comes to the government this should always be rule number one.

As a famous brother once said "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Whatever happened to "don't be an idiot." For lack of a better statement. The thing is, if you did in fact cause an accident you would be at fault bottom line. Why? Because you where not paying attention, the same would apply if you where changing a CD in the car and hit someone. There doesn't need to be another law. :)

I'll be honest if you hit me and I found out you where dripping and driving and you put my life in jeopardy as well as my wifes, I'd get out the car and kick your ***. ;)

Colorado passed a law banning texting while driving, this applies to both adults and teen drivers. The law also banned all cell usage, including hands free, for anyone under the age of 18 while driving. This law went into effect on Tuesday. The big debate now is how are they going to enforce this? For a teenager with a phone up to their ear I can understand, easily visible. But how will you know if someone is dialing a phone number or sending a text? Some law enforcement officers are not happy with this new law for various reasons.

Because of the example above, I really don't know how law enforcement could really enforce a law banning dripping and driving.

I guess what I am trying to say is this:

1. Stop wasting my tax dollars on stupid laws, that cannot be enforced.

2. Use some common sense

3. I think a law banning dripping and driving is just stupid.

Edited by BirdDog

Don't need any more laws. I would think it would be covered under careless driving.Same as texting,eating,reading the paper,applying makeup and picking your nose while driving.Our country is quickly turning from "the land of the free" to the land of it's all aginst the law.

I just read all these posts again and I want to clarify myself here. I am not for more laws. Not in the least. I really don't want to make it illegal, I just don't think it's a good idea to drip and drive. Like the other things I mentioned. And I don't want to be in an accident because some idiot wasn't paying attention. I agree with seaspine, it should be covered under careless driving. And I sure wasn't suggesting anyone in here would be an idiot. I was refering to some of the idiots I've seen driving around who have almost caused an accident. I knew when I posted the first time that I didn't make myself very clear. I should have thought it through some more before writing. Sometimes I get carried away. I'll try to be more careful in the future and I sure hope I didn't insult anyone on this forum. That was not my intention in the least.

I just read all these posts again and I want to clarify myself here. I am not for more laws. Not in the least. I really don't want to make it illegal, I just don't think it's a good idea to drip and drive. Like the other things I mentioned. And I don't want to be in an accident because some idiot wasn't paying attention. I agree with seaspine, it should be covered under careless driving. And I sure wasn't suggesting anyone in here would be an idiot. I was refering to some of the idiots I've seen driving around who have almost caused an accident. I knew when I posted the first time that I didn't make myself very clear. I should have thought it through some more before writing. Sometimes I get carried away. I'll try to be more careful in the future and I sure hope I didn't insult anyone on this forum. That was not my intention in the least.

Dont worry Nana, Im sure no one took offense. Like you, I came across like I WANTED the new law, and I wasnt clear either. I am absolutely NOT in favor of new laws, but the way the topic was begun, I kinda thought it was an either or choice. And given our current status as second class citizens for being linked to the word "cigarette", I think it WOULD behoove us to have a law that covers our collective rear ends. Other than that, Id rather eliminate about a thousand useless laws that already exist.

Edited by keenan

Never be concerned with what people think of your opinion.

+1 on that!

While I'm emphatically not in favor of ever more regulation, given that many people substitute the law for common sense and an ethical system, it might make a perverted sort of sense to just spell it out for them. Like I mentioned somewhere else here today, I never drip and drive, and I keep my eyes peeled for all of nana's not-quite-the-sharpest-tack people. The roads are full of what I call NDAs... (Non-Drivin A-H**es) But I'd hate to call attention to vaping generally in such a negative way. Vaping is a godsend for me, a life saver. I want to see it shine in the public eye.

Let's just hope all vapers have the sense to fill carts or find some other way to vape when they can't pull aside to drip. We sure don't need any accidents caused by vaping. This is actually a problem for me; my commute is longer than dripping once can cover. This would be a great reason to get an auto-drip system developed. I'll be first in line for one!