Vegtable Glycerin

I'm just curious as to why no one offers Vegtable glycerin VG as an option to PG. I personally don't like PG as it agrivates my mouth. I went to Johnson Creek tonight and ordered a 3 pack of LOW PG juice (THEY just started this option) But they don't sell a VG based nicotine juice. I had seen a youtube video of a old guy using VG and snoosh (A tobacco in a tiny little pocket) and he soaked the snoosh in the VG and then put the snoosh inside an empty filter cart, and he got very good vapor and claimed a good taste. I ordered some snoosh a while back, but just tonight ordered some VG. Its very very cheap, 5 bucks for a decent size bottle (5 or 8 ounces i think) It just seems odd, especially with the FDA finding issues with PG, that someone doesn't come out with a BETTER Juice. How hard could it be? Its bad enough that the FDA might ban e-cigs due to it being a nicotine delivery system, but if they can find a way to ban the juice, you bet they will ban it, and they probably are going to anyway the way things look. BUT if someone would come up with a totally harmless liquid to add to nicotine that would work in the e-cigs, I think it would fly off the shelves, and if it could pass FDA testing, it would be great for everyone. Maybe there are issues with VG I'm not aware of, tell me if you know them, but even if there are problems with VG, how hard would it be to create a systemwide stable e-cig juice that contains nothing harmful at all in it. OR anything contriversial except nicotine???

Hey chrisahx ! Though my juice experience is not all that extensive the only one I know that offers either/or (PG/VG) is tastyvapor.com..... Geoff, offers some really "Tasty" juice and a unique product called a doubler.... a none nic juice that can be used to cut or vape as 0mg. It's worth a look !

Though I'm reading more and more suppliers are going to offer VG juice . I think I read that Christopher was looking into it too...... (I hope I'm not speaking out of turn !)

I'm not aware of the FDA find anything negative about PG? At least any new reports. The only thing I'm aware of is the SE reports that came out a while back which didn't have anything to do with PG but rather the cart that was used as a whole.

As for VG, there is no 100% VG juice on the market. There is only low PG. Will this be an option in the future? Sure so long as we can get the juice to vape the same way the PG does. It's not as easy as you would think, at least to get it right anyway. Electronic Cigarettes where designed with PG in mind so it's a bit of a shift to move over to 100% VG juice. But I can tell you, it's being worked on.

You also have to remember there is a market for VG but it's not huge, so for some suppliers it's just not cost effective at the moment to pump money into R&D. :)

Just want to add that wordupecig.com has VG juices. Not sure what percent PG/VG or if straight VG, but I know the Lauren's coffee VG is very good.

Oh, and there is no known harm from PG unless you are one of the extremely rare few that are actualy allergic to it and even then the allergy symptoms reported are fairly mild, the vapor from PG has actualy been found to kill flu and pneumonia virus in the air. ( beneficial to everyone around you ) :)

Edited by DannyBoyfromWashington

Dekang do a VG range now (70% VG) - the range can be seen on the ecisdirect.com (Dekangs UK outlet) site. I commented on it here:

http://www.vapersplace.com/profiles/blogs/vape-up-your-vegetables

Thanks Prof as always you are a plethora of knowledge. =)

Edited by Gazoo

I'm just curious as to why no one offers Vegtable glycerin VG as an option to PG. I personally don't like PG as it agrivates my mouth. I went to Johnson Creek tonight and ordered a 3 pack of LOW PG juice (THEY just started this option) But they don't sell a VG based nicotine juice. I had seen a youtube video of a old guy using VG and snoosh (A tobacco in a tiny little pocket) and he soaked the snoosh in the VG and then put the snoosh inside an empty filter cart, and he got very good vapor and claimed a good taste. I ordered some snoosh a while back, but just tonight ordered some VG. Its very very cheap, 5 bucks for a decent size bottle (5 or 8 ounces i think) It just seems odd, especially with the FDA finding issues with PG, that someone doesn't come out with a BETTER Juice. How hard could it be? Its bad enough that the FDA might ban e-cigs due to it being a nicotine delivery system, but if they can find a way to ban the juice, you bet they will ban it, and they probably are going to anyway the way things look. BUT if someone would come up with a totally harmless liquid to add to nicotine that would work in the e-cigs, I think it would fly off the shelves, and if it could pass FDA testing, it would be great for everyone. Maybe there are issues with VG I'm not aware of, tell me if you know them, but even if there are problems with VG, how hard would it be to create a systemwide stable e-cig juice that contains nothing harmful at all in it. OR anything contriversial except nicotine???

My e-juice supplier offers quite a few all-VG juices. Go here...http://www.diyflavorshack.com/

My e-juice supplier offers quite a few all-VG juices. Go here...http://www.diyflavorshack.com/

Have you actually confirmed that the pre made juice are 100% VG? There is no one that I'm aware of that sells pure VG juice. It's always a mix of VG and low amounts of PG.

I do NOT want to step on any toes, but YES the folowing do offer 100% VG .

DIY Flavor Shack

Wordup-ecig

Cignot

My Freedom Smokes

There are a few more but with 90%VG and 10%PG (PG is base in with the nicotine)

These ones here have the Nic with VG base and do the 100% VG juice.

Also, the PG base and PG juice will tend to cause a mild upswing with-in the acne dept. (I know this for fact, it happed to me)

I only have this from the Dekang brand anyways.

Even though the EcoPure is slated as 100%VG it is NOT. It has distilled water in it and thus isn't 100% VG. Just MO.

Sry to step on any toes but this needed correction as I had researched this for over a month and its what I have found out. (okay, commence the beatings)

fish.gifgun.gifpc.gifwhistle.gif

Edited by stubear62

I can't imagine a VG only juice.

I once mixed 2 parts 18mg PG Turkish Blended from HG, with 1 part USP VG. I got a lot more vapor but I didn't much care for the taste. So I put it in my truck for emergencies. Well, I forgot to carry juice one cold morning and tried to use it. I couldn't squeeze it out of the bottle till I warmed it up a bit. Way too thick to wick fast enough for me.

I vape about 3-4 ml per day and believe that it causing me to have eyebrow dandruff. So I moisturize them with VG.