Bad Days? Whats Going On!

Hey all, seems like everywhere I turn someone is having a bad day. Someone passing, unexpected computer problems, more bad news about the FDA and e-cigs and just the general "ARGH!" type of days lately... Has the stars aligned or something causing all the bad vibes!

For me, my computer died, had to spend $500 to get parts. Now my monitor died, that's another $200+ to replace. Not to mention 2 of my 901 batteries going kaput! Not to mention it's the holidays so a lot of spending (Black Friday & Christmas). For now, I'm bumming off my brother's 901 battery and using an old LCD to surf the net. I don't want say, "It could be worst." cause in all truth it might! Knock on wood and all that superstitious stuff!

Hope things work out soon, want to bring in the good vibes for the upcoming holiday and the new year! It's almost 2010 in a couple days! So lets hope for a more promising, prosperous and hopeful 2010! :)

Hey StevenP. I have a 15" flatscreen monitor Im not using. If you wanna pay for shipping and throw in a couple of bottles of juice, its yours. I have a laptop now, my tower has been kaput for a year so Its just taking up space.

Edited by keenan

Hey StevenP. I have a 15" flatscreen monitor Im not using. If you wanna pay for shipping and throw in a couple of bottles of juice, its yours. I have a laptop now, my tower has been kaput for a year so Its just taking up space.

Hey Keenan, thanks for the offer, but I'm already using an old 19in LCD, the one that died was a 23" widecreen that I paid way too much for. I guess I've been spoiled by how huge it was. But I appreciate the offer! :)

Although I haven't had anything "bad" happen to me lately, I've been in one terribly bad mood for a couple of weeks! I get really short tempered and little things upset me to no end. The one time on my cruise while outside a crewmember who thought I was smoking an anolog and told me I was in the no smoking section. I went ballastic on him! I got up in his face and told him "does this look like a damn cigarette" when he said no, I said then get the F away from me and never bother me again. While I usually always tend to be overly demanding with service industry people, lately I've gone overboard. (Wonder if it might have something to do with my stopping my Antidepressant, Wellbutrin) Anyway, I hope this all passes with me, and everyone else!

@keenan - My current way of living is the computer, imagine my face when my computer never booted up! It was like a piece of myself died that day!

@Chrisahx - Oh man, I used to take Wellbutrin a couple years ago, gave me the same effect as you after a few days of stopping Wellbutrin, I pretty much was agitated with everything, even snapping at people who gave me a slight attitude. Hope things goes well for you, everyone deserves that sense of calm in they're life. :)

Here's just -- good will to all! :D Hang in there guys, it will improve.

For what it's worth, I've been running Macs for the last 12 or so years and every one I've just given up for a new one, because they never freakin die and nothing ever goes wrong with them. You can get tired of using the same machine year after year. :)

My computing experience has been totally stress-free since I left M$ and commodity hardware behind. People say Apple machines are expensive, but when you can run one 24/7 for five years, the daily cost is pretty low. Not a fanboy, just pragmatic.

For what it's worth, I've been running Macs for the last 12 or so years and every one I've just given up for a new one, because they never freakin die and nothing ever goes wrong with them. You can get tired of using the same machine year after year. :)

And chicks dig macs! :thumbsup:

...(Wonder if it might have something to do with my stopping my Antidepressant, Wellbutrin) Anyway, I hope this all passes with me, and everyone else!

Man, I came off a steroid cycle a few months ago. Talk about agressive! People talk about roid rage but I swear I feel better on them than off. Vaping really does calm me down, though. I think it's a soothing pastime. A rum and coke and my VP2. These are a few of my favorite things! :icecream:

Edited by jmhester

I don't do windoze either, been a Mac guy since they emerged in the mid-80s. In all that time, I've had one drive crash (recoverable, thankfully), but otherwise my experience has been the same... I wind up giving my old Macs away to friends who need puters.

If Apple were to ever go outta business, I'd just quit computing. Windoze machines are just too prone to glitches, it'd drive me nuts trying to keep one going.

I don't do windoze either, been a Mac guy since they emerged in the mid-80s. In all that time, I've had one drive crash (recoverable, thankfully), but otherwise my experience has been the same... I wind up giving my old Macs away to friends who need puters.

If Apple were to ever go outta business, I'd just quit computing. Windoze machines are just too prone to glitches, it'd drive me nuts trying to keep one going.

Actually man, Linux is getting there on the desktop. It's as reliable as OS X. And you can run it on commodity hardware. The GUIs are not quite as pretty or well integrated, and there are some learning curves for OSS software such as Gimp and Blender, but it'll do what you need to do - just a pain in the keester learning the apps all over again. But Linux and all OSS is free - as in beer and freedom. It's a good thing. Whenever this beautiful bad guy gives up its ghost (or maybe when I just get tired of it) I'm gonna get me a Linux box. ;)

Edited by ddavelarsen

I think I'm about to have a bad day... I think I'm about to pass a kidney stone. Last time I had this feeling, I passed a stone the next morning. I hope not, but it's feeling like it. :unsure:

As for computer's, I gave up on store baught 'puters. After having a few of them crash I decided to build my own. Built my first one about 4 years ago (for my wife). It's running XP and I've never had a problem with it. That one was built pretty cheap, but works great. Six months later I build mine, and went a little overboard, but it's fast. I had XP on it and upgraded to Vista. Never had a single problem with it either. I know everyone hates Vista, but I like it and haven't had any problems with it. It's been very stable for me. My name is Brian and I'm a PC. :)