I Vaped In Non-Smoking Restaurant!

I went into a smoke-free restaurant last week by accident. They used to allow smoking, but went smokeless before the official deadline of 1/1/2010. I asked the hostess if my e-cig was allowed. She asked a couple of questions, then said yes, but I had to sit on opposite side of restaurant away from the other patrons. I didn't mind. She was nice about it. No one gave me any trouble at all while I was vaping. The waitress asked about it. I informed her all about my JOYE 510. She sounded interested. I believe she may get one as well. :)

Hurricane

10058.png

Edited by Hurricane

WTG Hurricane!

I had gotten back from my therapist for my legs and the intern there is going to buy a 510.

I was there vaping and she was very interested and even tried the VT Grape Soda I had. She loved the flavor, btw.

One vapor at a time, I say.

I think that's great, but its a SHAME that even in Greensboro NC, (where I assume this happened since its listed as where you are) I guess those A-hole anti's couldn't even leave poor NC alone in their quest to stamp out smoking (And E-Smoking if they get their way) not only across every single state in the US, but the ENTIRE World as well.

The restaurants in my area have been non-smoking for years. A month or so ago, My mother and I went into Steak and Shake. I didn't bother asking, I just started using my e-cig. My mother was convinced people were looking at me, but I was oblivious to it. When a waitress started to walk over (my mother thinking she was coming to our table) and walked by, my mother grabbed her and told her what they were. The waitress was interested, but never tried stopping me from using it. I use a Kissbox, so mine doesn't light up or look at all like an analog, so that may be one reason I've never been hassled anywhere before. Like I said when I posted about using this thing on a cruise ship and in San Juan, I feel one key in not getting hassled is NOT asking permission. If you ask, a regular employee really can't answer you if they've never heard of them before. IF they ask a manager, then that person has to think whether or not it might be illegal or not and probably wanting to stay safe, might say NO. I think its just best to do it without asking, unless you know in advance they have a policy against it, Like on planes (which a Flight attendant told me the FDA recently banned inflight)

I'm glad people have the nerve to do this. I want to, but would rather not explain myself. I'm sure 95% of the people would allow it, but it's that other 5% that I'm worried about.

I'm glad people have the nerve to do this. I want to, but would rather not explain myself. I'm sure 95% of the people would allow it, but it's that other 5% that I'm worried about.

Ive vaped in a non smoking section in a restaurant as well. All i do is hold in the vapor a little longer so when i exhale nothing comes out :thumbsup:

Exactly. No primer puff, let it out slow. I did that in the dr office today, and right in front of my wife's dr. I don't think he even noticed. That's how subtle I am. :D

All of California has non-smoking restaurants so we have no choice here. A couple of days ago I went into a restaurant and when the urge to have a smoke hit me I pulled out my ecig. Since I am still very very new at using the ecig I was prepared for anything. I took a couple of hits, no one said anything, so I took a couple more hits. After about 6 hits the urge to smoke (analog) left me and I was fine. In the interim no one ever said anything about using the ecig at the restaurant :> So...I agree! Don't ask for permission, just do it and see what happens.

Edited by jjinlasvegas

I'm totally inspired! I think I'll take my 510 to my next doctor's appointment. I'd like to hear his opinion on vaping, and there's no better way to start that conversation than to vape right in front of him!

I prefer to ask. It's a matter of respect. Many people don't know of e-cigs yet, so when they see them, they are naturally concerned. I simply explain to them what the device is. I'm more than happy to show it off. Also, calling in to the establishment first and asking is a good idea. That way, you can tell another employee who didn't get the message that the manager said it was OK. :D

I never ask, I just vape. Most times, it goes unnoticed (or at least, no one says anything to me about it). If asked, I politely explain. If challenged (it's only happened a couple of times), I tell them it isn't a cigarette, there's no tobacco, it's a personal vaporizer I use to take my meds as I have this obscure lung condition (addiction to vapor just has to be obscure, right?). Now who is gonna deny an obviously sick man his meds? lol

That's great! Yeah, one person did ask me if my PV was a medical device. So I just explained what it was and kept on vapin'. ;) End of story, except one more person is fully informed about ecigs and the general benefits to everyone in society.

I never ask -- people are far more likely to go negative when they're given a choice; they're far less likely to make any comment if they have to initiate it. And the more common it becomes with the obvious non-issues of using it among other people, the more it'll become recognized and accepted. I have yet to meet anyone who took exception to my using it. Curiosity seems the order of the day. That and honest pleasure that someone has quit smoking.