Why 801 Attys On Mods?

thepelican

Hey, still searching for that perfect big battery/high voltage unit. My question at this point is about the prevalence of 801 attys on mods -- what, exactly, is the advantage of those over the 510's (if any?). I have four 510 attys, and really dont like experimenting (especially with my wallet) with a bunch of different pieces, but for those who have tried both, what's actually better?

To be honest it's really a matter of preference. Before suppliers started creating mods the original modders just likeed the Penstyle atomizer better, one because it's known to take a beating fairly well and two because the vaper is much cooler especially at higher volts.

The bottom line however is many members want 510 mods, which is why we created The Spade. In fact I think we are the first to create a 510 modification without an adapter. Sorry I'm breaking my own rules, not try to sales pitch here.

At the end of the day it's really whatever works best for you. Often times if you have a good Penstyle atomizer is will create twice the vapor a 510 will.

To be honest it's really a matter of preference. Before suppliers started creating mods the original modders just likeed the Penstyle atomizer better, one because it's known to take a beating fairly well and two because the vaper is much cooler especially at higher volts.

The bottom line however is many members want 510 mods, which is why we created The Spade. In fact I think we are the first to create a 510 modification without an adapter. Sorry I'm breaking my own rules, not try to sales pitch here.

At the end of the day it's really whatever works best for you. Often times if you have a good Penstyle atomizer is will create twice the vapor a 510 will.

There is nothing wrong with building a better mousetrap its what makes this country great....Vape On!!!!

Edited by SteveD1

I haven't tried the 510s yet, but I just got my VP Passthrough yesterday and I do have to say the higher voltages will amplify shortcomings / high points of both your atomizer and juice. I have been using both 801 HBs and the BE112 which appears to be to be a low bridge atty, and where I really noticed no difference between the two at 3.7 volts at the full 5V the BE112s really seem to shine and the 801 HBs just don't seem to perform nearly as well. I'll be checking out the 510 next time I order attys but I have to say the BE112 at 5V is still smooth but really kicks out some serious vapor clouds.

Edited by GDub

I use mostly classic pennstyles for the capacity of the carts,the 510's and 901's vape just as good but I have noticed the end of the cart seems to melt a little at higher voltages.I suspect this is due to the smaller size putting the plastic closer to the element.Maybe I just let them run too dry .The classics have a larger chamber in which to produce vapor for a bigger hit.I have adapters to put the 510's and 901's on my 801 power gear the one for the 510 needs tape as it leaks air but its all good.

I would say the the 801 attys just work better on mods. I have both a vp pt and a mod i built myself. I used the 801 on the passthreough and was just amazed at how much vapor there was the other attys just dont preform as well. The mod i made myself puts out 7 volts and i tried both a 510 and 901 atty on it and they blew out pretty quick. The 801 is still running like a champ. I know 7 volts is way to much power for any of them but it works nicely for me on my 801 low bridge.