Dripping on Vamo V5

Madoff

Hey all, this is my first drip setup. I wanted to get a feel for building and whether or not it was worth investing into.

I picked up 30 and 28 gauge Kanthal. I wrapped 9 wraps with 28 gauge and it came out to 1.5 ohms after pinching and getting some coat on it?

The question I have is I'm using this on a Vamo V5, I have a Aw Imr 18650 battery inside and I think it's rated for 10 amps , but what is the Vamo V5s amp limit? I've read 3 then I've seen 5. If either or am I able to push it past 15 Watts? Or will it regulate the voltage down?

Another side question is to how am I suppose to wick this thing? I have a Omega Clone RDA and besides the fact that it's a pain in the *** to build on, I really can't wick for **** either. I'm using organic cotton and trying to pass it through the micro coil, but either I'm choking it or I'm burning it. I get huge clouds.. It just tastes sub par. I honestly got better flavor out of my nautilus mini.

Thanks for the replys in advance.

The Vamo V5 has an Amp limit of 3.2A, and the lowest resistance coil that will fire on it will be 1.2 Ohm. Your 1.5 Ohm coil will fire at max Amps on the 15W setting (3.16A)...(or, cannot be pushed higher than 4.8V - even if you set it at max-voltage - due to the Amp limiter).

Wicking is subjective... but you have to get enough to fill the coil, but not so much that it is too snug inside.... you should be able to pull it back and forth without dragging the coil, but it should be still touching all of the coil. At least that is what works best for me. Make sense?

What VG% are you using? Sounds like the juice you are using is 100%, which will have very muted flavor, and burnt wicks sounds like too much cotton or you're not allowing it enough time to wick the juice? Honestly, there are dozens of factors here... sorry, I can't be more specific, but it's likely not just one thing. :)

Edited by Earthling789

Thanks for the reply m8. I'll keep it within that 3.2 from now on. I'm using a 50/50 blend and the juice is Vape the rainbow from Texas select. I've rewicked this about 15 times now and I think the latest might be the best. I think I might not of been using enough cotton. Its got a good tension through it now.

Dripping at that ohm with a higher VG content will mute the flavor. It's when you get into the .5 ohm and lower realm that the flavor comes back with high VG. My suggestion would be get you a tank setup that you like and stay with that and drop 15-30$ on a clone mech mod for dripping.

The Vamo V5 has an Amp limit of 3.2A, and the lowest resistance coil that will fire on it will be 1.2 Ohm. Your 1.5 Ohm coil will fire at max Amps on the 15W setting (3.16A)...(or, cannot be pushed higher than 4.8V - even if you set it at max-voltage - due to the Amp limiter).

If the V5 is anything like to older ones using a stacked set of 18350s will get ya to about ~24W @ 1.5Ω. Flip it over to VV mode and it will make it to 6V.