First New Recruit

keenan

Happy Thanksgiving all ! On that note, yesterday we went to the family Thanksgiving at my wifes Uncles house. There were about 30 people there, most of whom we havent seen in years. Naturally, I brought along my 510. After dinner, the "smoking group" got up to go outside, and that was the FIRST time I ever said to myself " Hah ! I dont have to go out to smoke". But, Uncle Mitch has had heart problems, and he quit smoking about a year ago. So I decided NOT to start a panic inside with my e cig, and opted to go out with the analoggers. Ive been a part of that crowd within the family for 29 years, so no one thought twice about me coming towards the circle of billowing clouds of REAL smoke. I whipped out my unit ( I know, cheap shot, but Ive been DIEING to say that ), and it wasnt until my 3rd or 4th vape before my cousin looked over and said "WTF is THAT ?". Well, after about 3 minutes of the usual jokes, I explained to everyone about the e cig. Now, mind you, I live in Floriduh, emphasis on the Duh, and the part I live in is quite rural, banjo music is played at the mall. We get the news here on a daily basis, but only a few of us can actually read so it takes time for EVERONE to be read to. And while there is cable and sattelite available, youre not tallowed to pay for it with an EBT card, so very few have it. Ok, enough of the redneck bashing. So, I put a cart on my 510 that I deemed would be the "community cart" for everyone to try and then be disposed of. I had also brought along my old unreliable Blu e cig, to show people the various models. Let me tell you, these people were friggin AMAZED, like they had just seen fire for the first time. One in particular, Tessie, was blown away and could not ask enough questions. To make a long story short, I spent the rest of the afternoon writing down websites for everyone to research ( of course I included VaporTalk ), so we may have a few of my extended family join us here soon. Of the 5-7 people who seemed really interested, I think Tessie was a definite convert. So, that was my first experience as a Vape recruiter, and I thought Id share it. I felt really good about it, and maybe a few more people will put down the cancer sticks as a result ! :punk:

Happy Thanksgiving all ! On that note, yesterday we went to the family Thanksgiving at my wifes Uncles house. There were about 30 people there, most of whom we havent seen in years. Naturally, I brought along my 510. After dinner, the "smoking group" got up to go outside, and that was the FIRST time I ever said to myself " Hah ! I dont have to go out to smoke". But, Uncle Mitch has had heart problems, and he quit smoking about a year ago. So I decided NOT to start a panic inside with my e cig, and opted to go out with the analoggers. Ive been a part of that crowd within the family for 29 years, so no one thought twice about me coming towards the circle of billowing clouds of REAL smoke. I whipped out my unit ( I know, cheap shot, but Ive been DIEING to say that ), and it wasnt until my 3rd or 4th vape before my cousin looked over and said "WTF is THAT ?". Well, after about 3 minutes of the usual jokes, I explained to everyone about the e cig. Now, mind you, I live in Floriduh, emphasis on the Duh, and the part I live in is quite rural, banjo music is played at the mall. We get the news here on a daily basis, but only a few of us can actually read so it takes time for EVERONE to be read to. And while there is cable and sattelite available, youre not tallowed to pay for it with an EBT card, so very few have it. Ok, enough of the redneck bashing. So, I put a cart on my 510 that I deemed would be the "community cart" for everyone to try and then be disposed of. I had also brought along my old unreliable Blu e cig, to show people the various models. Let me tell you, these people were friggin AMAZED, like they had just seen fire for the first time. One in particular, Tessie, was blown away and could not ask enough questions. To make a long story short, I spent the rest of the afternoon writing down websites for everyone to research ( of course I included VaporTalk ), so we may have a few of my extended family join us here soon. Of the 5-7 people who seemed really interested, I think Tessie was a definite convert. So, that was my first experience as a Vape recruiter, and I thought Id share it. I felt really good about it, and maybe a few more people will put down the cancer sticks as a result ! :punk:

AWESOME Keenan Doesn't feel great when you save someones life, You just did and the higher power KNOWS that, It will come back To you 1,000,000,000 times great Bro

Thats so cool keenan. I was telling someone last night that word of mouth to family and friends is what really seems to be causing the e-cig community to grow. Your title is being upgraded from "Moderator" to "Ambassador". :D

Way to go keenan!!! That's a great story. And Jeff's right, word of mouth between family is a major factor. It's how I learned about ecigs; I had no idea such a thing existed before my brother turned me onto them. So let's keep moving it forward and saving our loved one's lives and money. thumbsup.gif

I'm tempted to make a comment about you whipping out your unit and what you did with it after that but I think it is too soon to get one of my posts deleted. Anyway, good news! I'm totally going to whip mine out at the family Christmas party! :thumbsup:

Edited by Schizophretard