I'm new! Hello!

Datamancer

Hey Guys, figured I'd introduce myself,

I've been rocking eCigs since before they were any good. I had some with the form factor of a real cigarette, that costed like $80 and had that weird fleece crap in the tanks. Those sucked, and I always ended up smoking cigarettes despite them. My Aunt got big into eCigs and, since seeing and trying her $20 eGo, I was immediately impressed at how much the technology had changed over the course of 4 years.

About a year ago, I got a couple eGos, one of which was a twist. I enjoyed the twist, but didn't care for the standard ones. I like being able to tweak the voltage a bit here and there.

Today, I recieved my Vamo in the mail and a 5ml tank. It's freaking awesome (but I have a question or two about it, which is why I signed up. I'll be posting those questions in separate threads).

Anyway, Hey all!

Welcome to vt, I've got a vamo and would be glad to answer any questions you may have

I've got the basics out of the way, but this is my first mod...This thing is awesome!

Only, I don't really (embarassingly, perhaps) know what the difference between upping the voltage vs upping the resistance is...If you could enlighten me on that, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Be glad to help, you can't change the resistance. The resistance, referred to as ohms, is determined by the coil. The vamo can adjust the volts or watts that's sent to the coil. Let's say you have two tanks and the coils have a different ohm. One has an ohm of 1.8 and the other is 2.2, if you set the vamo to volts mode then it will fire both coils at whatever voltage it's set at. When you do that the voltage may work great for one coil but give you a burnt taste with the other since the ohm rating is different.

When you set the device to wattage mode it will read the ohm of the coil and use ohms law to determine what voltage to use. Let's use the same coil example and set the watts to 8 and use ohms law, http://ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

1.8ohm coil at 8 watts will be firing 3.79volts to the coil

2.2ohm coil at 8 watts will fire it at 4.1 volts

It may seem confusing but once you set it to watts mode and fine a wattage that taste good then you shouldn't have to change it much regardless of what ohm coil you use.