New Vapor Shark rDNA review

Monkeyman

I got a new (v2) Vapor Shark rDNA (the original is the DNA) about a week ago. It rocks. It's a little heavier than the original and a little bigger but not much on either count. The buttons (+/-/fire) are a little bigger, which I like. I think the fire button is also bigger than the original (which I really like). The rDNA probably weighs 1.5x what a Hana does. It comes with a VTC4 (18650) and it's easy to change out although it's got passthrough recharging. (It only came 1/2 charged.) Fits comfortably in my average sized hand. Of course, it's got the same Evolv DNA30 chip just like the original and the Hana (which seems to be what others compare it to) so you know the electronics are outstanding. It also has a spring loaded 510 connector pin. There's an LED ring around the fire button that lights up blue when you push the trigger and when you plug it in, glows red until it's charged.

The VS isn't as "pretty" as the Hana but it's cheaper and works just as well. I think it's a bit more durable (I know a few who have dropped their v1 VSs and didn't do any damage although I wouldn't recommend trying it).

The rDNA has the capacity for wireless charging although I didn't opt for it as that requires extra pieces (not cheap...close to $100 extra for the base, charging device on the mod and the required Shark Skin cover) and it tends to heat up enough that it may cloud the display. It's not like it's difficult to plug the thing in.

The rDNA is priced at $189.99 ($20 more than the original DNA). I think it's well worth the extra $20. Sometimes, I'm away from home all night and well into the next day. No way a single 18650 will keep a charge for 18 hours of chain vaping, especially running 15-22 watts (sometimes, I just wanna have fun :) ). It's nice to be able change the battery if needed.

Bottom line: High quality, regulated mod for a good price. I definitely recommend it.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines