Hi I'm Keri, looking for suggestions.

kas917

I would like some suggestions on what tank to use with an iTaste vv 3. I am new to this sort of vaping and the iTaste was reccomended to me. I just want to get set up for under 50.00. Also, what's a good menthol juice? I usually smoke camel menthol silvers but am done (again) with analogs. Thanks guys!!

Hi, and welcome!

The VV3 is a good battery, but as for what tank to use... there are dozens of "good" ones... but to determine which is better for you will be up to you.

I'll offer some suggestions, based on personal experience:

Since you mentioned Menthol, you will want to ONLY use Pyrex tanks. Menthol will cloud a plastic tank and eventually cause it to crack and leak

Of the Pyrex tanks, there are several coil styles among the manufacturers -- single-coil and dual-coil configurations being most prevalent.

I personally use tanks from Kanger (ProTank2, AeroTank, ProTank3-mini, EVOD), while many on this forum highly recommend the Aspire Nautilus tanks, I have tried them (not the new vertical coil), and find they are not worth the extra cost over a Kanger AeroTank or KPT2 with Air-flow-control base added... again, just my $0.02. I do hear the new design of Nautilus is nicer, but I've not tried one yet.

The best thing to do is try a few if you can... but remember each brand or tank-style may or may not use the same coils... so if you have 20 different tanks, you may have to keep up with 4-5 coil types for them (more expensive that way).

Oh boy, this is more complicated than I thought. I thought it was just a two piece setup, the battery and tank, what's the coil? I might need it spelled out for me what exactly I could buy that would fit together... Maybe a starter kit of some sort?

If your battery doesn't come with a charger you will need one of those as well. For the vv v3 I use my cell phone charger.

The coils will get gunked up after about a week in alot of cases, some last longer and some are just duds... lol You will start to notice a lack of vapor and the flavor will start to change, thats when you change it out. Some juices will cause it to crap out faster than others so you will just have to play it by ear until you get used to it a lil.

Edited by fishguy1123

Yes, basically what FishGuy said... Charger, battery, tank, spare coils, and juices...

I've had coils last only a week before they became obvious they needed changing (lack of flavor, hard to draw, leaking, etc), and I've had some last a month or longer... that is why you need spares, as they will always "Go South" on you at the least opportune moments :)

Same thing for Batteries goes for coils... and tanks... you'll want to have at least two of everything... (or more). Your VV3 is a good battery, but what if it becomes damaged or loses charge in the middle of the day? You need a back-up battery, even a smaller or cheaper one... doesn't have to be another VV3. Spare tanks and coils are always a must-have as you try new juices, too... easier to pop in a new flavor into a fresh tank than to take the time to clean out your ONE tank and wait for it to dry, or have flavors mixing that you don't want mixed.

I would like some suggestions on what tank to use with an iTaste vv 3. I am new to this sort of vaping and the iTaste was reccomended to me. I just want to get set up for under 50.00. Also, what's a good menthol juice? I usually smoke camel menthol silvers but am done (again) with analogs. Thanks guys!!

A very good menthol juice in my opinion is "Thug Juice" from "mtbakervapor.com" I suggest getting getting 65pg/35vg, with a nicotine strength of your desire, as for shots I never get any. That setup has given me thee best flavor.