26650 batteries

Since I dont have full access to the internet at work and spend the majority of my time on the forum while im at work. AND that Im at work right now. I though I would ask here.
(i would use tapatalk or my cell BUT since its at a bank and my cell has a camera, we cannot use our phones in office for personal information protection, fraud, etc.)

ANYWHOOO

I currently have 26650 batteries going in my mec mod hades clone. They're the IMR 26650 3.7V 3500MAH 35A.

Now my question is this. Do they make batteries with higher voltage outputs? Comparing the vapour from my daily VV and my mec. I usually vape ym vvat 4.7v and find that I get better flavor.

On my mec I use the nautilus tank and on my daily its the stock EMOW tank. both have airflow adjustments and both have the same juice.

I might be completely offtrack but it seems to me that this would make a difference.

Thanks in advance for the input!

I also tried my nautilus on my vv and Im not sure if its my mind playing tricks on me but the flavor seemed to be better (running at 4.7V on my vv)

Please tell me im not crazy haha

And if thats the case please tell me higher voltage batteries are available!

LOL

With fixed voltage devices you hasta vary the heat output with resistance. Since I don't see the point I don't have much experience but there used to be mods where they stacked shorter cells to double the voltage .

With a variable voltage device you increase the voltage and it in turn provides more watts to your coil. For example:

4.7 Volts with a 1.8 ohm coil will be putting out approximately 12.3 watts (if your VV is not regulated at 11 like mine)

on you mechanical:

3.7 Volts with a 1.8 ohm coil will be putting out approximately 7.6 watts

This is why people use a rebuildable atomizers on their mechanical mods. It allows them to build a lower resistance coil like this:

3.7 Volts with a .8 ohm coil will give you approximately 17 watts

As you increase your watts the amount of vapor produced usually goes up. (There are many other factors such as type of juice, coil design, airflow, etc that can affect vapor production too)

Ahhh this is where the math comes in!

But you know what... My battery was almost dead hahaha

False alarm!!!

I'm reAlly debating getting into rebuildables... I barely have time to refill and charge, I do all that at work. But I doubt I'm gonna be building coils in a bank office hahaha plus I don't have the tools.... Like 0% of what's needed... Or else I would for sure give it a shot at home

It does take a few tools, but nothing major. Of course an ohm meter is the first thing you must have. I really have not got into coil making. I made a few, but I don't have a mechanical mod. I was just going to wait until I got one to start buying supplies.

As for the math. It is easy, I cheat. I use http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp and http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/...php

They do the math for me.

Hey christov! Stay away from stacking batteries, IMO. There's a safety issue there. When you stack batteries you double the voltage, and hence the watts. Use a lower than expected resistance coil or make a mistake and BOOM. Safety first. If your mech mod seems to be a little anemic for higher resistance coils (over 1.8 ohm), you might consider a kick. A kick is a small electric amp the sits on top of the battery to boost voltage/watts to your desired level. Make sure your mod can accommodate an extra half inch extension first. The most common kick is probably the Smoktech kick. It's a vw circuit. Finding your sweet spot can take a little trial and error, but once you find it you can set it and forget it. A good kick will run you about $15 online. 101vape has them for that price, but you can probably find them at your favorite site as well.

I started making my own coils for my drippers and Fogger V4 about two months ago and I agree with everyone that it's pretty easy with a few inexpensive tools. But get an ohm meter first and test test test! Good luck and happy vaping!

Are there kicks that will give me like...1 volt more? mind you, im not dripping though just tanking away so im not sure of the math yet. would the watts be affected or would they adjust automatically?

Im more of a plug and play kindof guy, for now anyways!

Are there kicks that will give me like...1 volt more? mind you, im not dripping though just tanking away so im not sure of the math yet. would the watts be affected or would they adjust automatically?

Im more of a plug and play kindof guy, for now anyways!

A typical kick will go from 3.2 volts to as much as 6 or more. I'm more of a wattage guy, though. Watts equals heat and if you set the watts to hit your flavor/vapor sweet spot, it will adjust the voltage to meet the demand, hence the set it and forget it. I find that 7 to 8 watts gives me the right flavor and vapor combination. I'm not a cloud chaser. Not that there's anything wrong with that! :) I just leave that to the more experienced daredevils.

so let me get this right...

I can get a kick and set it to put out 4.5 volts.

to do that I would have to increase the watts?

I can adjust the kick to whatever I like or theres a different kick for whatever combo I want to get?

This is where my lack of access to the internet while at work is impeding!

If you don't mind box mods, you might consider picking up an iTaste MVP. They are a vv/vw device with a monstrous battery life and can be found for $40 or less on sale. It's a good mod for experimenting with variable wattage to find your happy place. Good travel device too.

Hope that helps! Keep calm and vape on!

so let me get this right...

I can get a kick and set it to put out 4.5 volts.

to do that I would have to increase the watts?

I can adjust the kick to whatever I like or theres a different kick for whatever combo I want to get?

This is where my lack of access to the internet while at work is impeding!

Generally speaking, if you use wattage to regulate your mod, you ignore voltage. A vw device varies the voltage to meet the wattage demand and you no longer care what it is. The advantage to this is that the power is constant to the coil regardless of either battery voltage or coil resistance! Cool, huh?

Vv devices let you set voltage and it remains constant. But the power delivered through the coil (heat) will vary with the resistance, so 4.5 volts on a 2.5 ohm coil will be very different than with a 1.8 coil. Not a big deal to adjust to, and many people feel that finer voltage control works best for them. But being a set it and forget it kind of guy, I usually use watts to gauge my vape experience.

There is no right or wrong, just personal preference. Whatever gives you the vape you want is the right answer for you.

Here is a link to a kick.

http://www.madvapes.com/the-kick-by-smok-tech.html

I don't know much about them, but it will give you some idea. I don't know if it will work in your mod, but I am sure you can get help from the guys here.

I hope that link will work for you!

I think this one is for 18000 series devices (186530,18350 and 18500). I didn't follow the order process thru so I don't know if 26650 is an option. Good luck!