kayfun 3.1

xCOXINATORx

I Dont have a kayfun I have a clone basically a Russian 91%, they're great for flavor, I will never ever go back to a tank. I switch out the cotton easily and clean the coil and its all new.

Get yourself some wire, cotton and lots of juice. You'll love it I bet. Good choice congrats.

Only problem is I will be waiting a month or so for it to come in from fasttech... Its a kayfun clone also, I can't afford a real one... what type of mod or device do you use with the Russian?

Any particular type of cotton I need? Or plain old cotton balls from the store?

I can use a mech mod or my itaste vv/vw I plan on getting a spinner from our Vt store here soon.

Sometime it takes a bit of playing w airflow and such wicking to get it where you like it but its not hard.

Edited by Mtdobies

VG/pg is not any different then you would use it a regular tank. I actually like 30/70, anything.more is bleh.

The flavor is so much better I Dont see the need to have higher pg but its a personal choice. Its a tank just rebuild able.

Check out the V|T store they have some good juice, Mt Baker Vapor and Seattle vapor are excellent too.

Edited by Mtdobies

kayfuns are great tanks

I have a KayFun Lite Plus clone.

I use mine on a vamo v5.

means I can't make a sub ohm build, but that's fine with me.

I do however prefer faster firing of my coils so with that said: I use 32g kanthal wire and make a single coil build with currently organic cotton.

you can pick up a bag of organic cotton at wallgreens around the cosmetics section.

I use a 5/64" drill bit to wrap around for the coil build, and I pre-torch the wire before I try to wrap it to make it easier to work with.

IIRC I used 7.5 wraps to come up with a 1.6ohm coil. It may sound high for some of the RDA guys out there, but it fires ridiculously fast due to the small wire size, and it is compatible with all mods.

20140712_233941_zpsa56c93c5.jpg

20140712_232531_zpse64aa92a.jpg

yep. That's what I use for mine.

The only catch is you need to build coils for 1.2ohm+ or it won't fire it.

I noticed my chineseum vamo v5 clone won't even fire 1.2ohm but my non clone version of the v5 will fire a 1.2ohm coil.

my current coil is 1.6ohm and both fire that one no problem.

I can't wait for it to arrive... probably 3 weeks still though... ordered the kayfun, and a hana modz dna 30 clone about a week ago... I have an itaste mvp 3 at the moment. The hana is my first real "mod" and the kayfun is my first RBA... I'm very excited about the two of them... am looking forward to getting closer to being able to blow some "clouds" I might order a RDA while I'm waiting on my toys to come from China so I have that too... I'll use it when I'm lounging around the house, and the kayfun as my all day atty while I'm out and about... itd kill me having to drop some juice every couple times I hit my vape... idk.

I'm usually at 1.0-1.3 on mine, its not gonna happen then, drat.

Back to the drawing board

and you couldn't bring yourself to build a 32g 7.5 wrap 1.6ohm coil? lol

you would be surprised at how frikken fast it fires and how much vape a single 1.6 coil on 32g can put off in a hurry...

I can more than keep up with my buddies 28g sub ohm build...

Just heat and rinse.

I did a 6 wrap 2.0ohm for.my Russian, Dont like it works well but not my favorite wire. Pain to wick and not have it move around. But in a high pg or 50/50 for me a high pg even a 1.5 had me coughing. But the Vape is too cool on high ohms so idk

helps having control over your voltage/wattage too...

I run ~10w on my coil...

as for cleaning...psssh I did enough heat and rinse with that coil. its been used a good month or better and I just felt like making a new one lol. Not like I'm going to run out of wire any time soon....that spool is gonna last forever!