Duh Moment

Jeffb

I have been a little on edge the past couple of days. Finally today I realized that I ordered 16mg juice. I have been on 24mg for 3 weeks. So, its back on the 24mg for now. Time to order "Midnight" at a higher dosage. :)

I made the mistake of thinking I could jump from 18mg down to 11mg after 2 weeks. It didn't work out too well and I went back up to 16mg for two weeks. Now after 7 weeks I am vaping happily at a custom mix at roughly 13mg. Next week I'll try 11mg again.

My second "duh" moment today was when I realized I've been vaping all wrong for over 3 weeks. When I smoked analogs, I was in the habit of taking hard short draws. I noticed when people vaped in videos they took long easy draws. I always thought this was weird and honestly it looked funny to me. Today I started just relaxing and taking an easy draw until the light on my RN8041 started to blink. OMG what a differwence in vapor production. :punk:

My second "duh" moment today was when I realized I've been vaping all wrong for over 3 weeks. When I smoked analogs, I was in the habit of taking hard short draws. I noticed when people vaped in videos they took long easy draws. I always thought this was weird and honestly it looked funny to me. Today I started just relaxing and taking an easy draw until the light on my RN8041 started to blink. OMG what a differwence in vapor production. :punk:

Oh man this is going to change the way you think about vaping :D

Again, been there done that ! At first, when I started vaping, I didnt have the lung capacity to take long slow draws. I mean, it was imossible for me to do. Turned out, that was ONE reason my Blu performed so badly. Now, I can actually do the 5 second method, and yeah, its a WORLD of difference. I have since given my Blu a second chance, but it just doesnt compare to a 510. If my 510 ever craps out, I'll use the Blu as a backup till a new 510 arrives.

:P Yeah my sister just got her 510 the other day and she came to dinner last week. She's been usin' it for like two days and is all pissed off when she walks in because all day she hasn't been able to get any vapor out of her brand new 510 mega. I guess Jeff at Wordup gave her a free box of carts with her order. She bought all kinds of stuff. A PCC, and even one of those small e-cig cases. So Jeff threw in a bunch of free sample stuff. Well she's just been usin' the carts, I guess and hasn't really got into her new juice flavors yet. She's all upset cause all day she can't get any satisfaction out of it when it worked just fine the day before. I pulled off the cart and noticed that she's had an empty cart(no batting) in her 510 all day! She's says, "well I wondered why the atty was gettin' so hot."

:P Yeah my sister just got her 510 the other day and she came to dinner last week. She's been usin' it for like two days and is all pissed off when she walks in because all day she hasn't been able to get any vapor out of her brand new 510 mega. I guess Jeff at Wordup gave her a free box of carts with her order. She bought all kinds of stuff. A PCC, and even one of those small e-cig cases. So Jeff threw in a bunch of free sample stuff. Well she's just been usin' the carts, I guess and hasn't really got into her new juice flavors yet. She's all upset cause all day she can't get any satisfaction out of it when it worked just fine the day before. I pulled off the cart and noticed that she's had an empty cart(no batting) in her 510 all day! She's says, "well I wondered why the atty was gettin' so hot."

LOL ! ROFLMAO !! Thats a good one Speak ! Now thats one I HAVENT done . :jump:

Do you guys ever vary your nic levels during the day? I usually start with 24mg in the morning, do some 16mg most of the day and even do some 11mg if I feel jumpy. At night it's usually 11mg to relax. Just wondering if I'm the only one.

Not me. I stay with the 24 mg, and I am still polishing off some 36 mg I had laying around. Im going to try to drop down to the 18 mg in a week or two. But, like smoking analogs, I enjoy vaping, I wasnt trying to quit analogs when I started vaping, it just happened. And Im not trying to ween off vaping. I thoroughly enjoy it. I dont drink, do drugs, or have pretty much ANY other form of enjoyment, so why quit ? Im not saying my life sucks or anything like that, Its just something I get pleasure out of, so Im going to continue to do it. Ellen Corbett be damned ! :thumbsup:

Her atty lasted through that?

I feel the same way, keenan. Except I'm already down to around 11mg on nic. I just got in an order of 0 nic yesterday and tried vaping with that for awhile. Amazingly, it went well. I might be able to completely go with 0 someday, but I doubt I'll quit even then. I do enjoy vaping. Much more than I ever enjoyed analogs. If that's possible.

An older co-worker at my place of employment has been smoking forever. When he bought his unit from a mall before consulting me, he came to work complaining about no vapor, etc. I watched him hit the E-Cig and it was super fast draws, he persisted it didn't work. I took a nice slow drag and produced tons of vapor. He is still confused, I guess old habits die hard. Hopefully, for his sake, he'll realize that he's using it incorrectly even though I've told him plenty of times.

An older co-worker at my place of employment has been smoking forever. When he bought his unit from a mall before consulting me, he came to work complaining about no vapor, etc. I watched him hit the E-Cig and it was super fast draws, he persisted it didn't work. I took a nice slow drag and produced tons of vapor. He is still confused, I guess old habits die hard. Hopefully, for his sake, he'll realize that he's using it incorrectly even though I've told him plenty of times.

Show him some of the videos here. That's pretty much how I figured it out.

Her atty lasted through that?

Well, it was workin' after I loaded it up, but time may tell, dunno.

I tell EVERYONE I speak to about these to that it's not like smoking an analog. "You gotta do it different". And I tell everyone to watch youtube vids before buying anything. I will recommend VT and all our suppliers if I get the chance, as well.

Hey, jmhester, I'm just like Keenan with the strength of nic I'm using, but more like nana in my motivation. Your use of nic though does sound very interesting to me. I think I might try this approach. I'm new to all this still, and haven't yet built my arsenal of juices, but the learning curve here at VT is pretty steep!

LOL! You owe me a new laptop! I got Pepsi all over it and my nose burns! I'll see you in court! :lol: