Anyone using Hemp instead of cotton for wicking?

Ugalady83

Some people swear by it, I find it to be a little more harsh than organic cotton. Not sure about it being more healthy than organic cotton, they are both plant fiber. You still need to boil it as you would cotton but needs to boiled in other chems, The added chems to treat the hemp fiber kind of defeat the reasons it would possibly be more healthy.

Organic cotton needs boiled once and dried because of the peroxide they use to whiten it.

Standard Cotton uses bleach and peroxide.to whiten it and needs boiled several times

Hemp treatment needs (as per what I was told) Boiling with Peroxide, then Oxiclean, then Baking Soda then boiled again 3 to 4 times.

Edit: Added note boil it in distilled water to avoid any hard water or chems added to your water like chlorine and fluoride.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't like this at all. It took a while for the flavor to break in, seemed to burn faster than cotton, didn't wick as well as cotton, less vapor, and more of a hassle. I boiled 3 times for 10 minutes each boil.

Maybe the hemp fibers that look more like cotton fiber instead of the braided stuff works better.