Vg Issues

Gazoo

since i staarted vaping i have only had pg liquid. i ordered so liquid samples from a different vendor and found everytime i vaped it my throat would go kinda numb and my voice would get scratchy.. emailed the vendor and found its a 50/50 mix pg/vg. i mean it sounds stupid but it happens every time i vape it. first hit. doesnt matter what flavor (all fruity). it almost feels like when i would smoke a menthol. any ideas??

When it comes to medical questions, most people don't like to reply for fear of a lawsuit. But I'll step in here, it could be that your allergic to VG but I honestly doubt it. The numbing could be from the nicotine itself. Nicotine will numb what it comes in contact with, in example if you've ever accidentally gotten liquid on your lips while vaping, your lips will go numb. This essentially could be the same thing that is happening. I assume your using a higher nicotine strength?

Regardless, I would suggest that you move over to another liquid especially since you stated it started once you tried this new brand of liquid. Ditch that brand and your good to go.

It's hard to say without actually being you.. E-liquid will dry out the throat as it's a anhydrous liquid for the most part. As Christopher stated nicotine can give a numbing feeling to certain users.. However it's proprieties aren't really that of a anesthetic. Usually the effects of nicotine are tingling sensations or even muscle aches when applied topically, nicotine has more psychoactive effects then any thing else. More then likely your experiencing the effects of PG rather then nicotine... I would suggest drinking a beverage while vaping to see if that helps or moving to a different e-liquid base. It would be more concerning if you experienced numbness of other parts of your body as this could be signs of a nicotine overdose. To be completely honest we haven't done long term studies of inhaling most of these chemicals... even though they are considered to be overall safe by the FDA.(provided you don't get a tainted product)