just upgraded to mvp 2.0

hello mates, I just got my mvp and had few questions. this is my first vv/vw unit and had few questions on which settings to start from. I have the itaste 30 that came with it as well as my aspirev bdc 1.8 ohm. which tank would you recomend and which setting?

hello mates, I just got my mvp and had few questions. this is my first vv/vw unit and had few questions on which settings to start from. I have the itaste 30 that came with it as well as my aspirev bdc 1.8 ohm. which tank would you recomend and which setting?

Personally I like the Aspire BDC, if you like a tighter draw and hard hit then the BDC is that way, my iClear 30 is more airy and a milder hit, of course those correlate. I used both back and fourth, only difference was I used the iClear 30s.

Definitely run it in "wattage made" until you get used to it and start figuring up volts vs ohms (if you ever want too) which means you adjust it using the P. Start at 7.5 or 8 and as you vape, bump it up .5 at a time until it tastes burnt, then back up a notch.

I vaped the BDC at a watt or so higher than the iClear I believe. 8 - 9.5 is where most of my tank/juice combos fell. You can either use the wattage "power = P on the LED" adjusts the batteries output for whatever the ohms of the tank/cartomizer is. It's like the "smart" setting.

Voltage just tells the battery to output that set power and it doesn't calculate for the ohm load. In theory, a 1.8 ohm coil requires less power from the battery to get the same voltage output of the coil. Wattage (Power) mode tells the battery there's a 1.8 ohm load so and turn the voltage down a bit to put the same amount of power across the atomizer. Setting volts means it's going to output whatever you set, the mod wont adjust for it.

For all intensive purposes most run the wattage mode 95% of the time. Oh and by that I mean, if you set the P, it uses that setting. As soon as you set the V (looks like a U on the sticker) you over ride whatever you set with the P. It's two seperate modes and if you set one button as soon as you change the other one it undoes what you had set, if that makes sense. It's like having two women that don't like each other, you know better than to take them both on a date at the same time, whichever one you pick up, is the one you'll be using for the night. Or number one will get rid of number 2.

Edited by charliestheman

I've had mine for less than a week, and loving it! I switch back and forth between BCC KPT2 and BDC KAT, and both perform perfectly. Just like Charlie said, you generally have to bump the Wattage up for BDC tanks, but only a notch or two, plus different e-liquids will vape differently and require different settings. I like the rotating drip-top of the iClear30, but I'm not loving the very airy draw... personal choice, I know, but you asked for an opinion :)

I generated some charts/graph showing the power/voltage settings compared to different coil resistances. You might get some useful info from it... You'll see from the charts how different settings affect Voltage/Power combos... I hope it helps you out.