Innokin MVP 2.0 Operational Limitations - Graphs and Charts

Based on another thread's discussion regarding the Innokin MVP 2.0's Voltage and Wattage limitations, I thought I'd post this up as a separate thread. Hopefully, it will help people out when choosing / selecting which Voltage / Wattage settings will properly function with their choice of Coil Resistance.

This graph shows the Power-curve across the range of Coil Resistance and useable Voltage of the device:

WattageRangeCurveGraph_zps733b9ff0.jpg

As you can see from the graph, there are some telling limitations of the device... being that (based on Coil selection), there are operational highs/lows or minimum/maximums for Voltage and/or Wattage, regardless of setting selections.

Simply put, regardless of Voltage or Power selection (mode), based on the resistance of the Coil you are using, there are thresholds where the subsequent Voltage or Wattage minimum or maximum cannot be exceeded. Based on excessive selections, the device will default, up or down, to the closest Wattage (if in Voltage-mode) or Voltage (if in Power-mode) within it's operational parameters.

Examples:

• A 1.0 Ohm coil will only fire at 3.30V in Voltage mode, providing 10.89W of power, or 11.0W in Wattage mode, using 3.32V maximum
  • A 4.0 Ohm coil will only fire at minimum of 4.90V, up to 5.0V, and can only operate at 6.0W to 6.25W (max)
  • A commonly used 1.5 Ohm coil cannot be operated at a Wattage setting below 7.5W, or exceed a Voltage setting above 4.1V
  • A 2.4 Ohm coil will operate from 3.8V (@ 6.02W) to a maximum of 5.0V (@ 10.42W) or Wattage selection range from 6W (@ 3.79V) to a maximum of 10 Watts (@ 4.9V)
  • A commonly used 2.2 Ohm coil is capable of operation from 3.63V through 4.92V, allowing for any Wattage selection
  • Coils ranging from 1.9 Ohms to 2.2 Ohms are capable of operation at any Wattage setting of the device, but NOT all Voltage settings
  • No Coil resistance is capable of operating across ALL Voltage settings without exceeding the minimum or maximum Wattage capabilities of the device

Chart legend for charts below:

• RED numbers are outside the physical, operational limitations of the device, regardless of setting parameters higher or lower (example: A 1.0 Ohm coil set at 5.0V cannot physically fire more than 3.32V due to 11W maximum power restriction)
  • BLUE shaded areas are within the physical, operational limitations of the device
  • GREEN shaded areas are a middle-ground, sweet-spot of the operational parameters (not too high/low, but should not be considered "optimal" settings)

Here is the chart which shows operational Voltage of the device, based on Wattage/Coil selection:

VoltageChart_zpsde31650d.jpg

Here is the chart which shows operational Wattage of the device, based on Voltage/Coil selection:

WattageChart_zpseb260e53.jpg

A few questions here.

Is the first graph actual physical testing done on the device, or is it a theoretical graph.

Are all of the limitations due to the electronics or battery limitations?

I'd be interested also on the VTR's graphs and actual testing and done with a good high end cell and a scrappy cell to see just how much a cheap battery handicaps the device.

I have a feeling in the next year chipset makers will improve to the point that the device will only be held back by its battery.

A few questions here.

Is the first graph actual physical testing done on the device, or is it a theoretical graph.

Are all of the limitations due to the electronics or battery limitations?

I'd be interested also on the VTR's graphs and actual testing and done with a good high end cell and a scrappy cell to see just how much a cheap battery handicaps the device.

I have a feeling in the next year chipset makers will improve to the point that the device will only be held back by its battery.

I built these as a reference/guide only.

The graph and charts are based on Ohm's Law calculations and the physical limitations of the MVP 2.0's circuitry, which limits Voltage and Power (Watts), presumably to increase the battery's life-span, and to prevent stress damage or catastrophic failure.

From what I understand from all the reading I've been doing, the battery is capable of MORE, but the device's internal circuitry is what limits Voltage/Wattage minimum and maximum to maintain operation within "safe" limits; thus increasing it's effective life and functionality. This makes good sense, because if you look at the Voltage chart, running a 1.2 Ohm coil at 5.0V would produce/require/draw 20.83W of power (and 4.2Amps), which the battery is capable of, but could not be healthy for the battery, coil, or possibly even the safety of the user....

I did not take the time or effort to run extensive metered tests against every Coil Resistance and every Voltage/Power combination. There are several metered analysis on YouTube already (trust them if you will), and the few I've viewed show Voltage/Power readings to be very close to the calculated values, at least for standard-production Coil Resistance they were testing.

Perhaps one day I'll invest in a VTR (and maybe a VAMO) and run physical tests against different batteries... I too would like to see the difference between high-end batteries and cheap-o's... But at this time, I don't own a VTR or any replaceable-battery-MOD.... although, I have high hopes for Christmas :)