poor machining of Ebay Nautilus Coils?

My aero tank won't fit down far enough with the top rSVD etaining ring installed. If I leave that ring off I get contact.

Whats my best course of action here a dremel, or fight the ebay seller?

No I think that's the issue, I have the other tanks working but the Nautilis is the only one showing an open circuit and won't fir, even without the top ring of the SVD.

I've had this issue with Aerotanks also, But not just on my SVD.

One fix I've done is to pull the base off and take the coil out. Make sure the bottom pin on the coil is not compressing the silicone insert.

With a small tool push the bases pin from the inside out a bit so the Aero base bottom pin will extend out further than normal.

Installing the coil as fast as you can back into the base before the pin goes back to its normal flush position is the goal.

These directions aren't the clearest, but if you can decipher them it may work for you.

Basically what I described is how to make the tanks center pin extend further than normal.

I think this is exactly my issue. Now the nautilus won't work on my VTR either.

I am thinking of dremmeling the threads end of the batter connector which should also bring that center pin closer for contact?

I tried both your method and dremelling a little off the base, no luck. I am afraid my box of Nautilus coils may be fakes (bought on ebay). Very frustrating.

Also I verified that the coil still read 2 ohms after your mthod. That's whats so frustrating, coil measures fine, SVD is working right but the two together can't connect. I even tried CRC contact cleaner. Just no luck.

I ordered another box of coils hopefully I just have a bad lot.

Edited by regal

What ever you do don't dremmel the base of the tank that makes the problem worse, I had to order a new tank unfortunately. I am surprised more haven't run into this issue considering the tank was incompatible with both the VTR and SVD.

Yes it was poor machining of the Nautilus coils, If I knew how to change the title I would, but I will give it a shot.

I guess this email is at this point a warning for us ebay shoppers.

Edited by regal