hi all

pilph

So I tried several of the smaller units like the blu but never got what I needed from them. I want to quit smoking. I am looking at the vamo v5 and innokin svd. Gonna use protank 3 with either I think. I can get everything local for good prices. Any advice would be great. Thanks

As I recommend to all who are just starting out, I'd go with a variable voltage device like a Vision Spinner version 1. Leave the APVs until you're more experienced. You can use the KPT3 with the Spinner just fine. Or go with a KPT mini so the tank looks more uniform with the battery. Just my two cents.

Welcome. :)

Sorry, I got nothin'. I'm experienced with Vision Spinners and eGo Twists for just variable voltage devices. Someone else may come along and chime in, though. For my Spinners I have five 900 mAh and four 1300 mAh that go through a constant rotation and are used heavily. They last around a year or longer (YMMV).

My favorite tank is the Anyvape Davide mini. To me they give better flavor and performance than a KPT mini, but that's just my preference.

We all have our favorites. What works for me might not for you and vice versa. Trial and error is the only way to find out what you like. :)

I have the vv v3 and it was my first device, I like it alot. I also have the kpt mini2 and it works well for me. My advice on tanks/clearomizers would be to start with a product that use coil head that can be used in more than one tank design. For instance, the kpt mini 2 and std evod. The kpt mini 3 is different. This just allows you to keep it as simple as possible to begin with.

Note: The products you mentioned will work great for you i'm sure, I'm just adding some ideas to consider that I think may work well, but your first post above impresses me, you're going about things the right way.

Wow your post sounds EXACTLY like my story.

I spent WAAAAY too much money on a Blu startup kit a year ago. I tried some different cigalikes but never had much interest, and I waited about a year and a half to get a good ecig, because I had a career change, and was busy and I wanted to do my research so when I bought a real personal vaporizer.

I actually recommend two options, either the VV3 mod battery and MVP 2.0 mod, which run about $40 each, or the MVP 2.0 mod and a Vision spinner or ego twist.

The MVP is VERY noob friendly AND one beastly performer, along with a ton of battery life. I didn't think I would particularly like the "box mods" but the MVP is perfect, fits just right, feels just right, vapes just right etc.

It's $40 right now on sale lots of places and if it was twice that it would be worth the money, but at that price I plan to buy more extras soon for spares.

The Ego Twist, VV3, or Vision Spinner is a battery that will work with exactly the same tank, I recommend either the iclear 30S or the Aspire Clearomizer or Davide Mini that Tam suggested above.

So all together if you got the MVP 2.0 for $40, which also comes with a pretty nice tank to get you started, it's nice enough to use all the time if you like the way it vapes. I would also get an Ego/Vision spinner battery or just a regular ego battery (Nice non varaible voltage batteries run about $10 brand new.)

So for $50 you'd have one of the best variable voltage/variable wattage mods with a huge long lasting powerful battery, and you'd also have a very small pen size battery for when you need something tiny and discreet. Don't be fooled though my MVP 2.0 goes EVERYWHERE with me and fits in my pockets fine, but I know it's nice to have something small every now and then and also a backup in case of a dead battery or something.

Your story sounds so much like mine and I know what the right e-juice and vaping device can do for you. I haven't smoked an analog cigarette in over a week and I wasn't even planning to quit when I got my first ego device but it just happened naturally. If I wasn't broke I'd send you an MVP or vision spinner just to try because of how much of a difference it made for me.

Summary:

MVP 2.0 https://www.completevape.com/innokin-itaste-mvp-20-silver

Something like this in the $10 to $20 range

http://www.vistavapors.com/vista-battery/#.U2JaoSjN5mY

And an extra tank maybe

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&product_id=3333&category_id=98&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=3259&category_id=90

Edited by charliestheman

The flavor may seem weak to you because A) it needs to steep a bit to let the real flavor come through or B ) your taste buds need time to heal so you can actually taste the juice or C) all of the above. :)

That's weird. I tried to do the B and a ) and it comes out as B)

Edited by Tameiki