Newbie questions

jehudial

Hi all,

New to vaping but already loving it. I was a cigarette smoker for about 20 years, then quit for 5 years and then picked up a Pipe and started smoking that. Big mistake. It took a few years Before I got to ridiculous levels of smoking the pipe (5-6) large bowls a day but decided to quit and try vaping.

I bought from a local shop because I like to try to support local shops when I can. My starting equipment was a kanger protank 3 and a gravity 1300 mah variable voltage battery (3.2-4.8) the shop mixes Mr e liquids right there and have tried 5-6 flavors and have liked them all. I already bought another protank 3 to switch flavors.

Okay so now for the questions. I'm already thinking about a new battery/mod. I think I would like a bit more voltage as I enjoy a good throat hit. Also not sure what kind of quality the gravity battery is. Are there any recommendations for a good battery that isn't huge(not looking at a box mod yet)

And next question I like to change flavors a bit and will be getting another tank soon but fit the meantime when I switch flavors if there is any left in the tank is it s bad idea to poor e juice back out of it into a container?

Thanks for any help.

You didn't mention what ohm coil you're using in the KPT3 or what PG/VG ratio or nic level your juice is. All those things play into the amount of throat hit you get. It's not so much about voltage. More voltage than 4.8 volts will likely just give you a burnt taste depending on the other things I mentioned above (coil resistance, PG/VG and nic level).

If you want to save the juice left in your tank you can pour it into a container but use a new one. Never pour it back into the original bottle of juice to mix with what's in there. :)

Oh. Nearly forgot! Welcome to VT. :D

Edited by Tameiki

The stock coil on the kanger is a 2.0 ohm coil. 33%vg I've tried juices from 12 18 and 24. Not sure the exact measurements those pertain to though. Depends on what I'm doing on nicotine level. At work I go with the 24 just because I usually don't have long and want to get the fix. At Home I like the lower levels and long leisurely vape causer that's what I'm used to fro. a pipe. I know I have to do more research on everything, I'm just being lazy looking for quick answers. Going to have to brush up on all that old EE learning from the College days. Thanks for the welcome!

Vaping is a very personal and subjective thing so what works for me may or may not work for you. These are some things I learned along the way, hopefully something here might work well for you. :)

The higher the PG level in a juice will give you a harder throat hit. The flavor can also affect it as well. Things with higher cinnamon, citrus flavors, some tobacco flavors, etc. will give a harsher throat hit than say something of a bakery flavor will. Also, the higher the nicotine content will also give a harder throat hit.

The 12, 18 and 24 are most likely telling you how much nicotine your juice has. Those are very common numbers. 12 mg of nic is the equivalent to a light cigarette while 24 is more of the full flavored cigarette. These are just loose estimates but something to start with. If you're buying juice from a local vendor and they mix right there. Ask them what PG/VG levels are in their juice. You might want to increase the PG. Keep in mind:

More PG = thinner juice, more throat hit, better flavor delivery

More VG = thicker juice, smoother vape with less throat hit, more vapor, slightly sweeter flavor

There's a LOT of information here on the forum. We also have some super nice people who are all wanting to help and who have been where you are now. Take a look at the pinned topics first and you'll get more info than you probably wanted. Lol. :)