Post your Pro Tips here for the new DIYers

whats up everyone. I wanted to start a thread that gives new diyers some advice we wish we had when we were starting out. getting rite into it here we go

I have a trick when measuring liquid with a syringe. If have a hard time getting the exact measurement you need because of those annoying little bubbles you get , well after you get the liquid into the syringe if you draw in some air maybe .5 ml it gives you a super accurate line to measure. 20140401_105032_zps7xwdtctd.jpg

vs

20140401_105111_zps6dilxbc0.jpg

well it may not help everyone but when i was starting out this really helped alot with getting exact measurements.

as far as steeping goes. DO NOT MICROWAVE YOUR JUICE>>>>>. put the bottles in a bowl of hot water. just high enough to cover the liquid .. or it will float. leave the juice in the bath for 3 mins then shake or do what i use and get a old car buffer and do this

[media]

but if you dont have one find something that vibrates.................. and rubber band the liquid to it.......and yes hahaha you can use one of those...but no not recommended. if you have the cash get a ultrasonic cleaner http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/390795284830?lpid=82 these cut the steeping time in half.. ok im done for now ill post more later.. but i wanna see what everyone els has........... oh and the last one real quick.............LABEL . LABEL YOUR JUICE. DONT ASSUME YOU WILL REMEMBER...YOU WONT.

All good advice. I do take exception to that particular US cleaner. I have one. It is not powerful enough. I think it also has a short timer.

I do agree with using a UC for steeping. But, you want a larger (more powerful) unit with a minimum of an 8 minute timer, Longer is better.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html is one I like.

ya its not the best but it works better then no uc. plus i noticed that the water heats up on its own via the ultrasonic waves so i never understood why it would need a built in heater. if anything it would regulate the temp. but again it heats up on its own so it would go over the set temp anyway........ because we are using them longer then the allotted 3-8 mins. and the water heats up in about 10 mins. so i guess it all comes down to how much money you have to spend and how much product you will be steeping. and remember kids,, "knowing is half the battle" :flower:

but hey rowdy i was wondering do you think the sonic waves would travel better in thinner liquid. as in using like vodka or somthing rather then water in the cleaner. or would thicker juice give the uc waves more force.... to transfer into your ejuice? i think im going to put some food coloring in two bottles filled with water and test this out